Kingy75

Default Question time - help please

Hi all,
I have a question if you all wouldn't mind taking a second to answer -
particularly those of you running MIDI / Demo / Backing track / other
related businesses/hobbies.

I've been considering starting a small business producing custom MIDI
backing tracks (mainly as audio CDs for singers but also GS/GM MIDI files on
floppy disc if/when required).
I presently do some custom MIDI sequencing now & then as a hobby and
everyone I've worked for has praised the quality of my work, saying I could
go into business doing it by myself.

What I'd like to know is what (if any) market research did you do before
venturing into your MIDI business, considering there are numerous MIDI
file - and now mp3 backing track - companies in existence today?
And if you're not currently running a business/hobby in this field, what
market research would you suggest doing?

Any advice you can offer would be great.

Regards,

Chris