171a

Old July 9th 19, 07:05 AM posted to rec.audio.tubes
Paul James

Default 171a

Does anyone here have any experience with using 171a in a linestage. Thinking of using constant current.
Old July 9th 19, 01:23 PM posted to rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck[_2_]

On Tuesday, July 9, 2019 at 2:05:49 AM UTC-4, Paul James wrote:
> Does anyone here have any experience with using 171a in a linestage. Thinking of using constant current.

The 71A is a low-gain DHT that is valued and prized by the Vintage Radio community. You in the Audio Community have multiple options for this purpose that do not suck resources from your cousin. Who have, too often, no viable alternatives.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Old Today, 02:14 AM posted to rec.audio.tubes
buffstereo

Old Today, 02:15 AM posted to rec.audio.tubes
buffstereo

Old Today, 02:27 AM posted to rec.audio.tubes
buffstereo

On Monday, July 15, 2019 at 6:15:16 PM UTC-7, buffstereo wrote:
> On Tuesday, July 9, 2019 at 5:23:18 AM UTC-7, Peter Wieck wrote:
> > On Tuesday, July 9, 2019 at 2:05:49 AM UTC-4, Paul James wrote:
> > > Does anyone here have any experience with using 171a in a linestage. Thinking of using constant current.

> > The 71A is a low-gain DHT that is valued and prized by the Vintage Radio community. You in the Audio Community have multiple options for this purpose that do not suck resources from your cousin. Who have, too often, no viable alternatives.
> >
> > Peter Wieck
> > Melrose Park, PA

Sorry for my inept response to Peter Wieck as regards 171A triodes. (Repeated attempts, 20 years since I've posted). I'm on the stereo side of the fence cousin, but if only a 171A will save your sweet radio, I'm sure I can find and give it to you for free. Only one, and nobody else, but I get the honest angst of a tube gear lover, so contact me and I'll try to help out. Good luck with your music! Robert Thompson

Old Today, 01:48 PM posted to rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck[_2_]

Robert, thank you for the offer!

I keep enough 71As for my needs into the foreseeable future, and I keep several in reserve for other collectors as may be needed. I straddle the fence between Audio and Radio, and so I am acutely sensitive to the mis-adaptation of vintage tubes.

I am a member of the DVHRC, and we have our twice-yearly Kutztown Radio Shows in May and September. If you are nearby, please join us. There is a strong leavening of Audio, and increasing, with each show.

http://www.dvhrc.com/docs/Upcomingshowinfo.pdf

I run the repair clinic at the Club table.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA