A Audio and hi-fi forum. AudioBanter

Go Back   Home » AudioBanter forum » rec.audio » Pro Audio
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Before I spend too much...



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old July 8th 19, 09:59 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,053
Default Before I spend too much...

On 7/8/2019 3:17 PM, John Williamson wrote:
> Or we could always set up a Facebook group called rec.audio.pro, and let
> those who want to, fight over being administrators.


Or try Pro Recording Workshop at
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/prorecordingworkshop/

Moderated, serious professionals hang out there, and only a limited
amount of nonsense is tolerated.

--
For a good time, call http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com
Ads
  #62  
Old July 8th 19, 10:03 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
John Williamson
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,632
Default Before I spend too much...

On 08/07/2019 21:59, Mike Rivers wrote:
> On 7/8/2019 3:17 PM, John Williamson wrote:
>> Or we could always set up a Facebook group called rec.audio.pro, and
>> let those who want to, fight over being administrators.

>
> Or try Pro Recording Workshop at
> https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/prorecordingworkshop/
>
> Moderated, serious professionals hang out there, and only a limited
> amount of nonsense is tolerated.
>

Now lurking as johnwilliamson1

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
  #63  
Old July 8th 19, 10:04 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
gray_wolf
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 16
Default Before I spend too much...

On 7/8/2019 2:17 PM, John Williamson wrote:
> On 08/07/2019 16:40, Ty Ford wrote:
>> Usenet - You all need more meds. Period.
>>
>> There's a moderator? On Usenet? **** that!
>>

> <Grin> That would be rec.audio.pro.moderated. HTH.
>
> I'll submit an RFC to the authorities when I get a round tuit to see whether
> anyone wants it.
>
> Or we could always set up a Facebook group called rec.audio.pro, and let those
> who want to, fight over being administrators.
>
>


Good idea! Private Yahoo groups work well, especially for the owner. There's a
certain satisfaction
with permanently banning an asshole member. It's free, doesn't require a Usenet
server. It doesn't require any Usenet apps. You can sent photos and such. There
is free storage for the group for photos, FYIs, announcements & etc. It can be
spam free. I've been on quite a few for the past 23 years.
  #64  
Old July 8th 19, 10:19 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
gray_wolf
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 16
Default Before I spend too much...

On 7/8/2019 9:05 AM, None wrote:
> Li'l Theckie-pie pleaded
>> All I ask of you is to tell me what YOU - and others - think I don't understand

>
> 1: Audio. 2: Numbers. 3: Usenet.
>
> That should keep you busy whining for a while, li'l buddy.
>


I've seen a few newsgroups ruined by people like this except the were more
talented and psycho than our 'friend'. There were very adapt at avoiding
killfile filters and bomb posting garbage.
I've known a few women that had no idea of how stupid there really were in some
areas. I had a dear aunt tell my uncle that the reason his car wouldn't start
was because the bumper guard needed tightening. <rolls eyes>
  #65  
Old July 8th 19, 10:34 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,501
Default Before I spend too much...

On 9/07/2019 9:04 AM, gray_wolf wrote:
> On 7/8/2019 2:17 PM, John Williamson wrote:
>> On 08/07/2019 16:40, Ty Ford wrote:
>>> Usenet - You all need more meds. Period.
>>>
>>> There's a moderator? On Usenet? **** that!
>>>

>> <Grin> That would be rec.audio.pro.moderated. HTH.
>>
>> I'll submit an RFC to the authorities when I get a round tuit to see
>> whether anyone wants it.
>>
>> Or we could always set up a Facebook group called rec.audio.pro, and
>> let those who want to, fight over being administrators.
>>
>>

>
> Good idea! Private Yahoo groups work well, especially for the owner.
> There's a certain satisfaction
> with permanently banning an asshole member. It's free, doesn't require a
> Usenet server. It doesn't require any Usenet apps. You can sent photos
> and such. There is free storage for the group for photos, FYIs,
> announcements & etc. It can be spam free. I've been on quite a few for
> the past 23 years.



I have one .

Was prolific in its heyday, but has been pretty much dead for a few
years now ;-(

geoff
  #66  
Old July 8th 19, 11:35 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
gray_wolf
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 16
Default Before I spend too much...

On 7/8/2019 4:34 PM, geoff wrote:
> On 9/07/2019 9:04 AM, gray_wolf wrote:
>> On 7/8/2019 2:17 PM, John Williamson wrote:
>>> On 08/07/2019 16:40, Ty Ford wrote:
>>>> Usenet - You all need more meds. Period.
>>>>
>>>> There's a moderator? On Usenet? **** that!
>>>>
>>> <Grin> That would be rec.audio.pro.moderated. HTH.
>>>
>>> I'll submit an RFC to the authorities when I get a round tuit to see whether
>>> anyone wants it.
>>>
>>> Or we could always set up a Facebook group called rec.audio.pro, and let
>>> those who want to, fight over being administrators.
>>>
>>>

>>
>> Good idea! Private Yahoo groups work well, especially for the owner. There's a
>> certain satisfaction
>> with permanently banning an asshole member. It's free, doesn't require a
>> Usenet server. It doesn't require any Usenet apps. You can sent photos and
>> such. There is free storage for the group for photos, FYIs, announcements &
>> etc. It can be spam free. I've been on quite a few for the past 23 years.

>
>
> I have one .
>
> Was prolific in its heyday, but has been pretty much dead for a few years now ;-(
>
> geoff


Yes, they seem to go through a cycle. I was on a number of mail lists in the
beginning. Usenet was popular for a while then came the web forums. I guess
facebook is top dog now. I think only we hardened old-timers are still on Usenet
with the exception of a few idiots nowadays. It would be very entertaining the
to see the really bad-ass creative flamers in action again. Even the more
innocent wore asbestos underwear back then when newsgroups were the digital
wild-west. I think life was more fun back then.


 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How much does ARC spend to advertise? Bret L Audio Opinions 1 April 27th 10 08:34 AM
Tax return money to spend. I want a new DVD HU ArmyOfDorkness Car Audio 0 January 7th 10 07:27 PM
I have $400 to spend [email protected] Audio Opinions 3 August 7th 06 04:21 AM
Need amp/sub recommendation - spend my $$ Smoky McPot Car Audio 0 February 15th 04 01:07 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 AudioBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.