Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] ketterj@hotmail.com is offline

Default Help: recommend active monitor speakers under $500 pair

I am looking for a shielded pair of active monitors to use with my
school computer and recording setup.
I have around $500 to spend and was hoping some of you might have a
recommendation of what might
be available.

Should I go with monitors or go with a computer speaker setup? The only
computer speaker setup
I have heard and like are a pair of Cambridge Newton 50's hooked to a
Cambridge powered sub. They don't actually sell that setup in their
store and it may be out of my price range.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Thomas Bishop Thomas Bishop is offline

wrote in message
I am looking for a shielded pair of active monitors to use with my
school computer and recording setup.
I have around $500 to spend and was hoping some of you might have a
recommendation of what might
be available.

I bought a pair of KRK V8's on eBay for $515 after reading good reviews on
them from the people in this group (Google groups is your friend). I have
no opinion yet as I haven't had them very long and haven't had a chance to
really listen and mix on them.