volk125

Default Nakamichi vs Infinity speakers

Going to get my next car soon that's going to be a keeper.
Therefore planning to get a very nice sound system in it,
that blow the doors off the car not only with bass but with quality.
However the sub I am considering this time is going to be 10" with
lots of power to it and and a huge magnet. 12" is too boomy not clear or
clean
bass at all.

I wanna get Nakamichi everything. CD deck, amps, speakers and sub.
I know that the deck I am getting for sure and amps .
The only thing I am thinking about whether the speakers should be Nakamichi
as well.
I heard a lot of good things about Infinity speakers. So I need your expert
advice and input
people. Tell me what's best and what I will not regret buying.

email at
or post here

My Name

Tell me what's best and what I will not regret buying.

That would be impossible, because what I like in a speaker, you may not
like.

The following is my opinion. That being said there are better speakers than
infinity, depends on how much you want to spend. Boston Acoustics is one
brand that comes to mind. I run Alpine (HU, AMPS), Infinity (Rear), Boston
Acoustics (Front), JL Audio (Sub). Is any of that equipment the best? Dunno.
But I like it, and it's definitely not the worst.

---

Sonoman

However the sub I am considering this time is going to be 10" with
lots of power to it and and a huge magnet. 12" is too boomy not clear or
clean
bass at all.

That is totally false, were did you get that idea? Subs have no power, the
power comes from an amplifier. If you compare apples to apples, the 12"
**usually** handles more power than the 10". I my case I had both 10" and
then I upgraded to a 12" and the 12" sounds far better with the same amp.

I wanna get Nakamichi everything. CD deck, amps, speakers and sub.
I know that the deck I am getting for sure and amps .

Well, some brands make good speakers and the other stuff they make is so so.
Some others make excellent head units, but the their speakers are not so
good compared to other brands. Do you get my drift? Nakamichi made
themselves very famous for their cassette decks a long time ago. Their CD
players are great, but I think there are better CD head units out there.

The only thing I am thinking about whether the speakers should be

Nakamichi
as well.
I heard a lot of good things about Infinity speakers. So I need your

expert
advice and input
people. Tell me what's best and what I will not regret buying.

Like many people here will say: go to your local shop and have a listen
there and pick what YOU like.

Sanitarium

Resist the urge to buy things based upon what name is labeled on the
product. Its nice to say "I have an all Nak system"... sounds cool,
But in reality thats not may not be the best approach.
Know that there are only 6-7 bulk speaker manufacturers in the world
today, so in reality there are more similarities than differences. (ever
wonder why they all have identical cast baskets and magnet/motor
structure?). Whichever sub you choose, use the TS params to design your
enclosure. IMHO a mid-grade subwoofer in a properly designed / tuned
enclosure will outperform a high end sub in a poorly designed
enmclosure. An entry level sub in a properly designed enclosure will
outperform a high end sub in a VERY poorly designed enclosure.

Spend your time researching the small obscure brands as well as
RF/MTX/Boston/Kicker...etc...

I heard a pair of resonant engineering 10"s and was floored at both the
DBs and SQ. The dayton DSQ is supposed to be a very good sub. If cost
is no object, go with JL W7's.

Garrett

volk125 wrote:

[...]

nmore

Given my experiences with Nak, if it were me today I wouldn't limit myself
to just their equipment exclusively. When the stuff works it can be pretty
nice gear. WHEN it works. Some might have had great luck with their mobile
Nak gear not breaking down at some point (usually way too soon),
but I'm not one of them. My amp hasn't given me any problems, but it only
powers the rear fills so it's not pushed very hard. The h/u has be mostly
free from problems, at least the replacement has been. The changer has been
the pits. Even worse yet, if Nak themselves decide to fix their gear they
are gawd awful EXPENSIVE, so much so that you'll probably wish you just
shelved the busted unit and bought something new instead.

The other thing to consider is how strong the company is. They still seem
to me to be struggling to get themselves righted after the bankruptcy and
sale of the company. Not exactly a good indication that they will be a
long-term survivor, but who knows?

able.rogers.com...