Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Randy Yates Randy Yates is offline

Default Questions on Levels

Dear Audio Professionals,

Questions on levels:

1. If you backtrack to 0 dB from this wikipedia article

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_level

the reference levels for dBu and dBV are 0.775 VRMS and 1 VRMS,
respectively. Is this correct? Are the reference levels I've given
here exact?

2. Is there a standard for converting from dBFS to dBu? If so,
what is it?

3. If the answer to 2 is yes, then does that standard use FS sine
or FS square?

Thanks for any insights.
--
Randy Yates % "Maybe one day I'll feel her cold embrace,
Digital Signal Labs % and kiss her interface,

Pro Tools levels - what's going on? Adrian Tuddenham[_2_] Pro Audio 2 November 11th 09 08:53 PM
Jolida 502a ----Chassis is missing C7.....Questions questions..... powerdoc Vacuum Tubes 10 November 20th 06 07:47 PM
SPL levels Gyuri Pro Audio 4 April 10th 06 06:02 PM
Console Channel levels vs stereo bus levels? The Alamo Pro Audio 3 May 9th 05 06:27 AM