Jon Yaeger

Default Looking for CV378

Anyone have some NOS CV378/GZ37s for sale?

I acquired a pair of Cary CAD 300 SE monoblocks from a local deal
(practically stole them!) They use CV378 rectifiers and I'm interested in
buying another set.

TIA

Jon

Sebastian

Jon Yaeger wrote:

Anyone have some NOS CV378/GZ37s for sale?

I acquired a pair of Cary CAD 300 SE monoblocks from a local deal
(practically stole them!) They use CV378 rectifiers and I'm interested in
buying another set.

TIA

Jon

Hi, Jon,

what you are looking for is maybe a GZ33.

http://www.r-type.org/exhib/aad0148.htm

regards

Sebastian
Andy Evans

Anyone have some NOS CV378/GZ37s for sale?

Yes - I have a box full, so I can give you a good price. Email me - I'm in
London. Andy

=== Andy Evans ===
Visit our Website:-
http://www.artsandmedia.com
Audio, music and health pages and interesting links.

arizona cowboy

"Jon Yaeger" wrote in message
Anyone have some NOS CV378/GZ37s for sale?

I acquired a pair of Cary CAD 300 SE monoblocks from a local deal
(practically stole them!) They use CV378 rectifiers and I'm interested

in
buying another set.

TIA

Jon

I believe that was not the correct original rectifier, I seem to recall that
amp shipped with 5R4G.

I would contact Cary and get their recommendation, since they have played
around with many rectifier swaps in their lab with this older model.

cowboy

Jon Yaeger

There are a couple of close cousins (e.g 300SEI, 300SE Signature Edition).

The schematic for mine clearly shows the CV378.

Thanks & best regards.

Jon

Chris Hornbeck

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 08:56:17 -0700, Jon Yaeger
wrote:

Anyone have some NOS CV378/GZ37s for sale?

Hi Jon,
I have a pair for sale in ZIP 72204 if you want 'em. Email me.
Good luck,

Chris Hornbeck
new email address
arizona cowboy

"Jon Yaeger" wrote in message
There are a couple of close cousins (e.g 300SEI, 300SE Signature Edition).

The schematic for mine clearly shows the CV378.

Thanks & best regards.

ummmm..........you had said CAD 300 SE, which was the cousin that I
correctly specified 5R4G as original equipment

I believe that was not the correct original rectifier, I seem to recall

that
amp shipped with 5R4G.

I would contact Cary and get their recommendation, since they have

played
around with many rectifier swaps in their lab with this older model.

cowboy

Jon Yaeger

Cowboy,

There must be divergent specs or something . . . the manual I'm referring to
is dated January 1995. In the beginning the manufacturer states that the
CV378 "is a heavy-duty 5AR4."

The two monoblocks I have use the OEM (CV378) rectifier.

So who knows. Thanks for your help.

Jon

John Williams

Angela Instruments is still showing some Mullards on their website at:

http://www.angela.com/

The price is $75 ea. I bought some for some Cary's I had a couple of years
ago and they worked great!

Best wishes and good listening.

John Williams

"Jon Yaeger" wrote in message
Anyone have some NOS CV378/GZ37s for sale?

I acquired a pair of Cary CAD 300 SE monoblocks from a local deal
(practically stole them!) They use CV378 rectifiers and I'm interested

in
buying another set.

TIA

Jon

Andy Evans

http://www.angela.com/
The price is $75 ea.

I can do considerably cheaper than that. I'm in London UK. I have a box of them
- some are new in box, others new without box which I could let go quite cheap,
like $30. Andy