Default disconnecting Ford radio from antenna

Pulling the radio out of my 1999 F-150 was amazingly easy with the
proper removal tools... just seconds.

Unfortunately, I quickly became stumped trying to figure out how to
disconnect the antenna cable from the back of the radio so as to not
damage the radio or the cable. What am I missing?

Thanks.
Anthony

KaeZoo

wrote in message
oups.com...
Pulling the radio out of my 1999 F-150 was amazingly easy with the
proper removal tools... just seconds.

Unfortunately, I quickly became stumped trying to figure out how to
disconnect the antenna cable from the back of the radio so as to not
damage the radio or the cable. What am I missing?

Thanks.
Anthony

It's just a straight pull, but very often in the Ford trucks you'll find a
lot of corrosion at the antenna connection to the radio. If this is the
case in your vehicle, it might not be easy or possible to pull the antenna
plug out without damage.

WarpKat

KaeZoo wrote:
It's just a straight pull, but very often in the Ford trucks you'll find a
lot of corrosion at the antenna connection to the radio. If this is the
case in your vehicle, it might not be easy or possible to pull the antenna
plug out without damage.

What he said. If you can, you might want to consider getting a small
pigtail extension from Radio Smack or another electronics venue. They
shouldn't cost more than a couple of bucks for something like a 6 inch
extension so you don't have to worry about recrimping it at a later time
due to any corrosion that MAY happen...