Jiri Placek

Default Go Rubber

Jiri Placek
Boyertown, PA
TerryJ

Those 'dampers' look a lot like something I could pick up in the plumbing
supply section of the local Home Depot....
"Jiri Placek" wrote in message
om...

Jiri Placek
Boyertown, PA

---

Stein-Olav Lund

Jiri Placek wrote:

Jiri Placek
Boyertown, PA

Does wonders for the 5Y3GT's and 6U5's mentioned in the ad, I assume...

Stein

jay

Looks like its only the O-Rings off a 9004 headlight bulb.
"Jiri Placek" wrote in message
om...

Jiri Placek
Boyertown, PA

Jim

Most any truck or diesel engine shop will have boxes of them laying
around. High temp and in various colors and sizes. We'd always end up
with many left-overs from "universal" gasket kits. The bright yellow
ones were particularly striking.

We'd throw away hundreds of them (the ones that didn't fit any of our
applications). Another reason to keep everything: ebay!...you just
never know who will pay for what.

Stein-Olav Lund

Stein-Olav Lund wrote:

Jiri Placek wrote:

Jiri Placek
Boyertown, PA

Does wonders for the 5Y3GT's and 6U5's mentioned in the ad, I assume...

(Microphonic rectifiers and eye tubes seem like a new way of looking at
things to me.....)

Stein

John Andreen

Hello all,

These are simply Viton O-rings, a trade name for a flouropolymer. The
"rust" color gives them away. You can buy them all day long at any fluid
power (hydraulics and hoses) shop.

Are these just folderol, or do they really work?

I found this a while back http://herbiesaudiolab.home.att.net/ Lots of
testimonials, but no before/after measurements. I don't
really trust testimonials, the "Emporer's new clothes and all".

John Andreen

"Jiri Placek" wrote in message
om...

Jiri Placek
Boyertown, PA

Greg Pierce

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 07:07:09 -0700, the highly esteemed John Andreen
enlightened us with these pearls of wisdom:

Hello all,

These are simply Viton O-rings, a trade name for a flouropolymer. The
"rust" color gives them away. You can buy them all day long at any fluid
power (hydraulics and hoses) shop.

The seller states that they are silicone, and will withstand over 400F. I
don't have my Parker O-ring manual handy, but IIRC Viton is only good
to 150C.

--
Greg

--The software said it requires Win2000 or better, so I installed Linux.

Chuck Harris

Greg Pierce wrote:
On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 07:07:09 -0700, the highly esteemed John Andreen
enlightened us with these pearls of wisdom:

Hello all,

These are simply Viton O-rings, a trade name for a flouropolymer. The
"rust" color gives them away. You can buy them all day long at any fluid
power (hydraulics and hoses) shop.

The seller states that they are silicone, and will withstand over 400F. I
don't have my Parker O-ring manual handy, but IIRC Viton is only good
to 150C.

Silicone O-rings are also commonly rust colored. That was the color of
the first RTV silicone compounds.

-Chuck

John Andreen

I just checked with the Parker website, says Viton has a typical temperature
rating of -15F to 400F. Says Silicone
has a typical temperature rating of -60F to 450F. Only forgot because we
used the milky white version of Silicone O-rings.

You are right about them being Silicone, Viton is Brownish and Silicone is
reddish or whitish. My mistake. I used both when I was designing High
energy Silicon refining equipment. Went to the Parker O-ring site to check.

John Andreen

news