Posted to rec.audio.tubes
paul sherman paul sherman is offline

Default FA: Vintage Lafayette LA-224A Tube Amplifier EL84 6BQ5 Item 320024298600 - New picture links

Please scroll down to the bottom of the listing page to see pictures of this
amplifier. I revised the listing so you can see the pictures in spite of the
fact that all of the personal webspace at users.adelphia.net is temporarily
down. The revised picture links point to the same pictures now on a
different server that is more reliable. Sorry for the inconvenience but I
cannot take the old dead links off so please scroll down the revised listing
page:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=011

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,alt.guitar.amps
Phil S. Phil S. is offline

"Bret Ludwig" wrote in message
oups.com...

paul sherman wrote:
Please scroll down to the bottom of the listing page to see pictures of
this
amplifier. I revised the listing so you can see the pictures in spite of
the
fact that all of the personal webspace at users.adelphia.net is
temporarily
down. The revised picture links point to the same pictures now on a
different server that is more reliable. Sorry for the inconvenience but I
cannot take the old dead links off so please scroll down the revised
listing
page:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...RK:MESE:IT&ih=

This is a very fine old vintage EL84 stereo amplifier made in Japan in
1965. It has a smooth tube sound from the four EL84 output tubes. The
sound is very clear and well articulated throughout the audio spectrum
from bass to middle to high frequencies. Of particular note in this
amplifier is the liveliness and presence in the treble. It appears the
engineers might have been particularly proud of the treble performance
of this amplifier because the treble control is located in the center
of the front panel.

Front panel switches are labeled Rumble Filter (On/OFF), Phase
(Norm/Rev), Speakers/Phones, and Push (Power). Rotary selector switches
for Aux/Tuner/Phono and Left/Right/Stereo/Rev are on the left side
while concentric Treble, Bass, and Volume potentiometer controls are in
the center and toward the right, respectively.

The brushed aluminum front panel is in excellent condition with a few
minor dings, some smudges, and many very fine scratches. The lettering
on the front panel is perfect. Apparently, the reason for this is the
lettering is not simply silk screened to the surface as it is on the
many fine Stereo tube amps by Dynaco, Eico, Fisher, Heath, and Scott.
Instead, the ink or pigment is protected within lettering, logo, and
pot limit buttons actually etched into the aluminum front panel.
Furthermore, the "Stereophonic Amplifier" lettering, also perfect, is
in positive relief within a horizontal etched band. These high quality
lettering techniques make it virtually impossible to "rub out" the
lettering on the front panel.

On the back, left to right, you a have an AC receptacle, power cord,
fuse, right channel hum adjustment pot, right channel speaker terminals
(2), switch (8/16 Ohm), left channel speaker terminals (2), left
channel hum adjustment pot, and input and output jacks.

On the right end of the back, aux, tuner, and tape out jack pairs are
laid out with the left channel side toward the left (viewed from the
front). The rec and mag phono jacks are laid out with right up and left
down.

The only thing not working is the original pilot lamp.

All rear labeling is stamped into the chassis and legible.

A paper label on the bottom indicates the amplifier was inspected
2-15-65 by "Jack".

In addition to four EL84s, there are a 5AR4 rectifier and five 12AX7s.
All tubes test strong on a Mercury model 1100B emission tube tester.

All dc-blocking capacitors are orange drop or mylar replacements. The
tone control circuit has not been bypassed.

Condition is as illustrated. Part of the plastic is missing from the
slide switches for rumble filter and speaker/phones but they still
function and can still be operated. There is some rusting on the
chassis top. There is a small bit of yellow paint on the chassis metal
cover which has some other small dents, scratches, and blemishes. It
appears as if, originally, there were small round felts or rubber
buttons attached under each of the short plastic legs. As illustrated,
felt or rubber ends are missing.

Buyer to pay shipping costs. International bidders pay with Paypal.
U.S. bidders Postal Money Order or PayPal.

************************************************** *********************************************

It's currently at $25, which is about what it is worth. One of you
guitar amp guys, buy this piece of **** already and put those outputs
in a Deluxe! (or two of them...)

Can't blame the seller for writing a great ad! Personally, $25 for the iron
is about $10 more than I want to spend, especially with shipping. I took a
nice pair of trannies off an Arkay FL30 and built a very nice JTM45 with
them. Monster iron. Maybe cost $20-25 with shipping. There are real
bargains to be had if you have the eye and a bit of luck. Doesn't even get
warm to the touch, except many this side of the PT that faces the EL34's.
(Yeah, I know it's supposed to be KT66.).

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,alt.guitar.amps
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Phil S." wrote in message
. ..

Personally, $25 for the iron is about $10 more than I want to spend,
especially with shipping. I took a nice pair of trannies off an Arkay
FL30 and built a very nice JTM45 with them. Monster iron.

Trust me, there was one and only one Lafayette tubed power amp that had
"Monster Iron" and it was the LA-550. The rest of their tubed amp product
line looked up every time it saw an Eico ST-70.

http://www.virhistory.com/hi-fi/kits...550-kit-08.jpg

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,alt.guitar.amps
[email protected] MMM@disney.com is offline

Default FA: Vintage Lafayette LA-224A Tube Stero Amplifier - SPAMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 13 Sep 2006 14:15:44 -0700, "Brittney Ludwig"

I am spamming your newsgroup repeatedly and I don't give a dam if you like it or not!

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,alt.guitar.amps
¥ ¥ is offline

wrote:

I am spamming your newsgroup repeatedly and I don't give a dam if you like it or not!

Thanks asshole -Filter:
ON

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,alt.guitar.amps
J.P. J.P. is offline

wrote:

I am spamming your newsgroup repeatedly and I don't give a dam if you like it or not!

Thanks asshole -Filter: ON

Wrong person to filter....MMM