Patrick Turner

Default Phil the Troll.

With regards to Phil's attacking and moronic
question aimed at Fred and I, with the subject,
"Question for Fred Nachbaur",
which questions our favour of tubed circuits, may I say that we like
what
tubes do with music,
and we sure don't give a **** what Phil says.

In contrast, what Phil does with words prooves what an unrepentant
boor, and complete arsole he is.

I go out of my way to never directly reply to this buffoon's postings.
Its no good trying to stay polite, because after a couple of posts,
he starts insulting, and there just isn't the merest speck of respect
of anyone around him. He is his own very worst enemy.

I am a wake up to his BS, and that's why he hates me.
He can't control me.

Phil has tried to desperately make aus.hi-fi into
a sewer, with his notorious arsolic postings,
for which he has become notorious, and I suggest
readers research the Google files, to see for themselves what
a complete jerk he is, when he tries to
make personal comments and assessments which are usually more true of
himself,
rather than those whom he berates and raves at.
Now he is doing the same ultra crappy **** shake on us,
and this is this man's thrill of life, and not to carefully
educate us, or share the experience.

Sometimes he posts some truths about electronic engineering,
but it never is given freely, it ALWAYS soon degenerates
into insult, so he makes you PAY for your enlightenment.

I have learned so little from him, and if one were to remove
the crap from his postings, there really isn't much there
worth taking much notice of, and
I would be quite happy to miss out on his postings entirely,
even if it meant I was 1% less the wiser.

Its no use expecting Phil to remember to take his medications for his
insanity,
or be nice to him, or to engage with him in any private emails, he's
even worse if you do privately email him.

I publicly banned him at aus.hi-fi from ever trying to email me
privately,
and that order still stands, and any post from him gets automatically
deleted with the spams.

He fancies himself as a big wig of audio, but he is just an audio tech,
a nobody,
and of course he's quite ready to diss everyone who has a website,
and really makes something, that its all a pile of crap.

He has no special respect, skills, or interest in tubes,
he regards what I make as expensive anachronisms,
and he refers to audiophiles, as as audiophools.
He hates ham radio operators, and anyone who
derives a living from making or selling audio gear because he says it
stains
their intellectual postings, since money corrupts.
Unfortunately, this is utter rot much of the time, and when it isn't, he
is still duty
bound to point out things in a civil manner at all times.
Even if he was the last tech left on the planet, I would never take gear

to the man to be repaired, and its all because he is such an arsole for
no
particular reason. He likes to get our attention, and then enjoys seeing
us eat the
****e sandwich he dishes up.

Its tempting to reply directly to this man's postings, but please
remember,
that if you do, you encourage and empower a real dickhead.

Patrick Turner.

Syl

"Patrick Turner" wrote in message

In contrast, what Phil does with words prooves what an unrepentant
boor, and complete arsole he is

Phew...this is an understatement...

Its tempting to reply directly to this man's postings,

No it isn't. Killfile the idiot. Don't read his replies.

You have much more power over this type
of individual than you know. Ignoring his post (Actually although I am
relatively new here, but been reading for the past year or so, I know
who is an excellent reference and who's not, I killfiled him on his first
outburst, I don't rent room in my head for useless cretins. I am here to
learn tube technology...) is a perfect
way to get rid of him. When I see a turd, I don't have to bend over
and smell it to convince myself it is a turd.

By ignoring his post you shift the power to you. He reads all the posts,
he can't do otherwise since he's constantly looking for victims. Now
if you killfile him, he will reply to your post but you won't see his reply,
now he finds himself alone, talking to himself. Believe me, he will
disappear
pretty fast. Those replying to him are the problem in fact...

I disagree with you Patrick, this guy doesn't contribute an iota
to this ng. He _always_ post vague and incomplete answer and
dodges all request to give data, proofs or otherwise. He's a small
individual.
I strongly suspect he's reading from the books. In French we say "un crétin
fini".

There are great and _friendly_ people/contributors on this ng and that's
what counts. Ignore/killfile him and he will go away.

We had a _very_ similar individual on the r.a.r+p and got rid of him
this way.

Actually there is another guy here I don't really like, his name
is Fred Nachbaur. He kills old radios to convert them to
Theremin....That is bad....;o)

Hi Fred...8o)

Syl

---

Tim Williams

"Patrick Turner" wrote in message
Phil has tried to desperately make aus.hi-fi into
a sewer, with his notorious arsolic postings,

A few months ago on rec.crafts.metalworking we got over a troll by the
name of Cass. The process is called Casstration, where everyone
killfiles the offender, as well as anyone who replies to him.

Tim

--
"That's for the courts to decide." - Homer Simpson

Jim McShane

"Patrick Turner" wrote...

(an accurate portrayal of Phil Allison's persona)

I totally agree with Patrick. Phil is the same
polite and courteous way over in A.G.A. At least
I have to say he's consistent, gotta give him that.
And even over there where it's pretty wild and
crazy he's considered over the top by most/all.

Me, I read Patrick, Tim, Fred, Choky (and his
wicked sense of humor!), Ned, Steve, and some
other terrific RATs who can either educate me,
entertain me, or need help from me and ask in a
civil way. Or even Jim who I can have a good
fight with! :-) (Hi Jim!)

I guess that's too much to ask of Phil.

Jim McShane
Need Tubes? Got a H-K Citation (Pre) Amp?
Check http://pages.prodigy.net/jimmcshane
Repro knobs for Citation gear in stock!

jim

"Jim McShane" wrote in message
"Patrick Turner" wrote...

(an accurate portrayal of Phil Allison's persona)

I totally agree with Patrick. Phil is the same
polite and courteous way over in A.G.A. At least
I have to say he's consistent, gotta give him that.
And even over there where it's pretty wild and
crazy he's considered over the top by most/all.

Me, I read Patrick, Tim, Fred, Choky (and his
wicked sense of humor!), Ned, Steve, and some
other terrific RATs who can either educate me,
entertain me, or need help from me and ask in a
civil way. Or even Jim who I can have a good
fight with! :-) (Hi Jim!)

Hey, sure, Jim, ... HIYA !!!
But we;re never going to poke each other in the eye, are we !!!
regards
jim

I guess that's too much to ask of Phil.

Jim McShane
Need Tubes? Got a H-K Citation (Pre) Amp?
Check http://pages.prodigy.net/jimmcshane
Repro knobs for Citation gear in stock!

Mike Diack

On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 12:38:19 -0400, "Syl" wrote:

There are great and _friendly_ people/contributors on this ng and that's
what counts. Ignore/killfile him and he will go away.

Regrettably this is easier said than done - for a little eye opener
enter "Phil Allison" in the search field of Google/groups - Over 100k
hits - if nothing else, this guy has persistance.
There goes the neighbourhood....sigh.
Syl

"Mike Diack" wrote in message

Regrettably this is easier said than done - for a little eye opener
enter "Phil Allison" in the search field of Google/groups - Over 100k
hits - if nothing else, this guy has persistance.
There goes the neighbourhood....sigh.

Hi Mike,

Yeah, I've done my homework. I agree with you.
But persistence holds ONLY if he gets replied to. I've killfiled the moron,
now I can't
see his posts. What difference does it do if he posts 1 million
time ? I still can't see him. He doesn't exist, gone, vanished. 8o)

Syl

---

Greg Pierce

On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 01:40:56 +1000, the highly esteemed Patrick Turner
enlightened us with these pearls of wisdom:

Snipped for BW)

Its tempting to reply directly to this man's postings, but please
remember,
that if you do, you encourage and empower a real dickhead.

Patrick Turner.

Heck, I figured nearly everyone has killfiled him by now. If not, well,
please do so. Lets keep the Earth beautiful :-)

--
Greg

--The software said it requires Win2000 or better, so I installed Linux.

Gregg

Behold, Patrick Turner signalled from keyed 4-1000A filament:

With regards to Phil's attacking and moronic question aimed at Fred and
I, with the subject, "Question for Fred Nachbaur", which questions our
favour of tubed circuits, may I say that we like what
tubes do with music,
and we sure don't give a **** what Phil says.

Someone's attacking me mates?!?!?!

I had plonked that thread, thinkng, "meh, private convo" when cleaning up
my groups.

--
Gregg
*It's probably useful, even if it can't be SPICE'd*
Choky

nah, little Greggggyyyy...........
that's just one tiny wormie cryin' for help................

--
.................................................. ........................
Choky

"don't use force, "don't use force,
use a larger hammer" use a larger tube
- Choky and IST"
- ZM
"Gregg" wrote in message

I had plonked that thread, thinkng, "meh, private convo" when cleaning up
my groups.

--
Gregg
*It's probably useful, even if it can't be SPICE'd*
http://geek.scorpiorising.ca

Fred Nachbaur

Syl wrote:
[...]

There are great and _friendly_ people/contributors on this ng and that's
what counts. Ignore/killfile him and he will go away.

That's my usual approach also, but PA is *so* easy to bait, it's hard to
resist the urge to "troll the troll." It doesn't take much wit to
totally overwhelm him, to the point where he's just sputtering obscene
insults.

It's only fun for awhile, though; a bit like shooting fish in a barrel.
No real challenge.

We had a _very_ similar individual on the r.a.r+p and got rid of him
this way.

Actually there is another guy here I don't really like, his name
is Fred Nachbaur. He kills old radios to convert them to
Theremin....That is bad....;o)

Hi Fred...8o)

Hi Syl, God'll getcha for that one! ;-)

Cheers,
Fred
| Music: http://www3.telus.net/dogstarmusic/ |
| Projects, Vacuum Tubes & other stuff: |
| http://www.dogstar.dantimax.dk |

john stewart

Patrick Turner wrote:

[...]

Seems to me Phil has a Degree in Fahrenheit.
I've also heard he is unable to identify the hot end of a soldering iron.
That has resulted in a Degree of Insanity we see here.

Cheers, John Stewart

Fred Nachbaur

Gregg wrote:
Behold, Patrick Turner signalled from keyed 4-1000A filament:

With regards to Phil's attacking and moronic question aimed at Fred and
I, with the subject, "Question for Fred Nachbaur", which questions our
favour of tubed circuits, may I say that we like what
tubes do with music,
and we sure don't give a **** what Phil says.

Someone's attacking me mates?!?!?!

"Attacking" is a bit strong. More like, as Patrick puts it, getting
slapped by a wilted cabbage leaf.

I find it interesting that PA launches the most vitriolic attacks on
those who can't or won't take him seriously. But he's just a "Paper
Tiger" as they say in China. One little match, and Woof! There he goes
in a puff of smoke.

Cheers,
Fred
| Music: http://www3.telus.net/dogstarmusic/ |
| Projects, Vacuum Tubes & other stuff: |
| http://www.dogstar.dantimax.dk |

Phil Allison

"Mike Diack"

Regrettably this is easier said than done - for a little eye opener
enter "Phil Allison" in the search field of Google/groups - Over 100k
hits - if nothing else, this guy has persistance.

** The above figure is completely wrong - Mike.

If you put my name in the "author" file the number is only 15,500

............ Phil

Phil Allison

"Patrick Turner" wrote in message

With regards to Phil's attacking and moronic question aimed at Fred and I,

with the subject,
"Question for Fred Nachbaur", which questions our favour of tubed

circuits,

" ** Fred, tell me your opinion.

Out of you and Pat Turner which is the lower piece of excrement ?

Pat is a mental defective and hence devoid of moral character - but
maybe you outclass him. How do you see the comparison ?

BTW Why do you suppose so many complete assholes are besotted with
"tubes"
??? "

** As usual the autistic Pat cannot get a single fact straight.

............. Phil

arizona cowboy

"Patrick Turner" wrote in message
With regards to Phil's attacking and moronic
question aimed at Fred and I, with the subject,
"Question for Fred Nachbaur",
which questions our favour of tubed circuits, may I say that we like
what
tubes do with music,
and we sure don't give a **** what Phil says.

ok, I agree that Phil is an idiot and a troll, but you guys discriminate, I
could make the same argument about LV, but you all give him a pass just
because he occasionally says something technically intelligent, but even
Phil does occasionally! This seems like a double standard to me. I don't
care how long he has been around this NG, that is no excuse, a jerk is still
a jerk.

and as far as Phil's comment about tube folks and this NG, I would say this
NG is one of the most gentlemanly and genuinely helpful on the Net, you
should see alt.politics or even AGA for that matter, if you want to see a
troll convention!

cowboy

Syl

"arizona cowboy" a écrit dans le message

This seems like a double standard to me. I don't
care how long he has been around this NG, that is no excuse, a jerk is

still
a jerk.

Killfile him also if he's rotten. Don't know the guy yet so I can argue
here...
The equation is easy to do if someone posts 99.9% crap and 0.1% (and reading
from the books)
answers, I can do without, Heck, I can read from the books also.
I'd say it is better and to the point with guys like Fred, Patrick...heck,
even Tim who's what, 19, 20 ?

Just a thought,
Syl

Fred Nachbaur

arizona cowboy wrote:
[...]

Oh, I don't think it's as simple as "Nuisance A = Good, Nuisance B =
Bad." Which is more annoying, a mosquito or a house fly? The mosquito
bites you, you smack it, game over. The house fly buzzes around madly
and aimlessly, trying to slap you with itty bitty lettuce leaves. You
smack it, game over.

Even more effective than an outright killfile, IMO, is "reader
discretion." The beauty of usenet is that we all have the right to reply
to those posts we wish to reply to, while ignoring the rest.

Want to have some fun baiting trolls? Go right ahead. But don't complain
if they start throwing vegetables around. Want to duck the veggie
onslaught? Easy. Duck by not replying. (Trolls absolutely *hate* that
freedom of choice business, because they themselves can never resist the
bait.)

Cheers,
Fred
| Music: http://www3.telus.net/dogstarmusic/ |
| Projects: http://dogstar.dantimax.dk |

Phil Allison

"Syl" wrote in message

The equation is easy to do if someone posts 99.9% crap and 0.1% (and

reading
from the books)

** Isn't that what you are doing Syl ? - the 99.9 % pure excrement bit
I mean.

............. Phil

Jon Yaeger

Does MS Outlook Express News sometimes fail to killfile? I set up a
killfile for you-know-who but I still receive his moronic drivel. A lower
volume of stuff, but it's still his insipid logorrhea.

Anyone know a better approach that works with Macintosh?

TIA

Choky

you can make difference between real Troll and someone just jokin' like
troll?
few yrs (or just one) ago,when those horrible things happened in States,LV
sez some things for which you can freely accuse him as fascist,what he
really isn't.
LV is nice guy (warning-at least HERE) ,and one of his qualities is -he
never pretend and he is never too serious.
life is fun,and communication (even friendship and love) is primary
volunteer phenomenon.LV is here voluntarily,and he never urge anyone to be
his companion ....
--
.................................................. ........................
Choky
Prodanovic Aleksandar
YU

"don't use force, "don't use force,
use a larger hammer" use a larger tube
- Choky and IST"
- ZM

Phil Allison

"Choky" wrote in message ...

LV is nice guy (warning-at least HERE) ,and one of his qualities is -he
never pretend and he is never too serious.

** Neither fact or fiction , a walking contradiction ....

Is Choky a bot ?

............ Phil

Rich Andrews

"Phil Allison" wrote in news:3f7e1265$0$6610
:

"Choky" wrote in message news:blkqaq$3k7$1

@news.eunet.yu...

LV is nice guy (warning-at least HERE) ,and one of his qualities is -he
never pretend and he is never too serious.

** Neither fact or fiction , a walking contradiction ....

Is Choky a bot ?

Phil has succedded in making RAO a wasteland and it seems he wants to do
the same here.

We are all bots Phil!

happy?

Phil Allison

"Rich Andrews" wrote in message news:Xns94

Phil has succedded in making RAO a wasteland and it seems he wants to do
the same here.

** Never posted on RAO in my life - a few responses to crossposted
questions excepted.

( What verbal powers you must think I have to lay waste to a whole
NG !!!! )

We are all bots Phil!

** Brainless Old Turds ..... ??

........... Phil

Rich Andrews

"Phil Allison" wrote in news:3f7e4f87$0
:

"Rich Andrews" wrote in message news:Xns94

Phil has succedded in making RAO a wasteland and it seems he wants to

do
the same here.

** Never posted on RAO in my life - a few responses to

crossposted
questions excepted.

( What verbal powers you must think I have to lay waste to a

whole
NG !!!! )

We are all bots Phil!

** Brainless Old Turds ..... ??

I don't know, you are the one with all the accusations and the answers.
You tell us! Whatever it is you decide the answer to be, I am sure we we
will all agree with you.

Why?

I figure it is "Be Nice to Phil Month" and that means agreeing with
whatever Phil says no matter what it is. So for now Phil, please just
pretend that no matter what you say the response will be "Yes Phil!", "Of
course Phil", "How could we be so stupid Phil", "You are a genius Phil",
"Thanks for your insights Phil", "We are wrong, you are so right Phil",
and "Please excuse us while we go outside and kill ourselves Phil for we
are but mere insectoids compared to your infinitely superior intellect,
wisdom and wit." or the ever popular "Affirmative Phil, your majesty". We
should also greet him with "Hail King Phil", or "Pleasant salutations all-
mighty genius King Phil"

Me? I am just going to killfile the Aussie asshole. The stupid prick is
still ****ed off someone stencilled P.O.M.E. on his shirts.

Phil Allison

"Rich Andrews" wrote in message

I don't know, you are the one with all the accusations and the answers.

** No Mr ****head - you are the one posting all the false accusations.

What you are thereby proving is what a smug, empty headed POS you are.

Its a real shame to see supposed adults behaving like emotional fools.

Grow the **** up.

........... Phil

Rich Andrews

"Phil Allison" wrote in news:3f7e6fce$0
:

"Rich Andrews" wrote in message

I don't know, you are the one with all the accusations and the answers.

** No Mr ****head - you are the one posting all the false

accusations.

What you are thereby proving is what a smug, empty headed POS you

are.

Its a real shame to see supposed adults behaving like emotional

fools.

Grow the **** up.

.......... Phil

"Yes Phil!", "Of course Phil"

Rich Andrews

"Phil Allison" wrote in news:3f7e6fce$0
:

"Rich Andrews" wrote in message

I don't know, you are the one with all the accusations and the answers.

** No Mr ****head - you are the one posting all the false

accusations.

What you are thereby proving is what a smug, empty headed POS you

are.

Its a real shame to see supposed adults behaving like emotional

fools.

Grow the **** up.

.......... Phil

Dearest Phil,

BTW, I failed to add you to my killfile, an action that has now been
remedied.

Love,

Phil Allison

"Rich Andrews" wrote in message

Dearest Phil,

BTW, I failed to add you to my killfile, an action that has now been
remedied.

Love,

** The last resort of a dishonest man bereft of anything sensible left to
say.

........... Phil

Choky

prick

"Phil Allison" wrote in message
u...

Phil Allison

"Choky"

prick

** Bag of hot air.

.......... Phil

Nothing40

"Phil Allison" wrote in message . au...
"Patrick Turner" wrote in message

With regards to Phil's attacking and moronic question aimed at Fred and I,

with the subject,
"Question for Fred Nachbaur", which questions our favour of tubed

circuits,

" ** Fred, tell me your opinion.

Out of you and Pat Turner which is the lower piece of excrement ?

Pat is a mental defective and hence devoid of moral character - but
maybe you outclass him. How do you see the comparison ?

Wow,every post from Patrick Turner I have ever seen has been the
complete opposite.He's definatly one of "the elmers" when it comes to
tubes,and amps,along with a handful of other RAT's.Patrick definatly
knows his stuff,Not to mention he writes neat poetry,and is anything
but devoid of character.
(I mean,come on,Are you blind? what planet did you fall off of?)
He obviously has enough moral character to know your an
arsehole,granted it doesn't take much to figure that out.

Fred is much the same way.He knows a helluva lot about tubes and
stuff,and is definatly not "devoid". ;-)

Both of these guys offer alot of knowledge,and help to others,What do
you have to offer,besides name calling,and BS.? So far,I have found
nil....Except:

BTW Why do you suppose so many complete assholes are besotted with
"tubes"
??? "

Hmm,It seems you have it all backwards.. WTH does an asshole like you
have any business hanging arond here with us idiotic,asshole
tube-o-philes,if you think we are all idiots,and tubes are completely
worthless??
So,again,why *are* you here Phil? Take a hike.
Phil Allison

om...

Pat is a mental defective and hence devoid of moral character - but
maybe you outclass him. How do you see the comparison ?

Wow,every post from Patrick Turner I have ever seen has been the
complete opposite.

** Never been to aus.hi-fi have you ?

That is where he craps on about stuff he ought not to and comes all
undone.

He obviously has enough moral character to know your an
arsehole,granted it doesn't take much to figure that out.

** It takes very little character to jump to a wrong conclusion - but a
great deal of stupidity.

Fred is much the same way.

** Now that might be right - birds of a feather and all that ....

Both of these guys offer alot of knowledge,and help to others,

** They also like to crush anyone who has a different angle on things to
them.

BTW Why do you suppose so many complete assholes are besotted with
"tubes" ??? "

Hmm,It seems you have it all backwards.

** No you do - Mr Anonymous tubewit.

AGA and RAT are shining examples of the correlation between pompous
empty heads and vacuums.

WTH does an asshole like you have any business hanging arond here with us

idiotic,asshole
tube-o-philes,if you think we are all idiots,and tubes are completely
worthless??

** Now you have trouble reading as well as comprehending.

So,again,why *are* you here Phil?

** It's a public forum - I have on topic stuff to say.

Others can take a ****ing hike if they don't like that.

............... Phil

Choky

pluton
(dark star)

"Phil Allison" wrote in message
u...

"Choky"

prick

** Bag of hot air.

......... Phil

Chuck Harris

Phil Allison wrote:

So,again,why *are* you here Phil?

** It's a public forum - I have on topic stuff to say.

Others can take a ****ing hike if they don't like that.

.............. Phil

You say you have, "on topic stuff to say", but no one seems to want to
hear it, so again, why ARE you here?

-Chuck, WA3UQV

Phil Allison

"Chuck Harris" wrote in message
Phil Allison wrote:

So,again,why *are* you here Phil?

** It's a public forum - I have on topic stuff to say.

Others can take a ****ing hike if they don't like that.

.............. Phil

You say you have, "on topic stuff to say", but no one seems to want to
hear it, so again, why ARE you here?

** Read my post again - real slowly - like it's 5 wpm Morse.

Then take that hike yourself.

............. Phil

Fred Nachbaur

Phil Allison wrote:
"Rich Andrews" wrote in message

I don't know, you are the one with all the accusations and the answers.

** No Mr ****head - you are the one posting all the false accusations.

What you are thereby proving is what a smug, empty headed POS you are.

Its a real shame to see supposed adults behaving like emotional fools.

Grow the **** up.

.......... Phil

Hail King Phil, Pleasant salutations all-mighty genius King Phil!

Yes Phil!, Of course Phil, Affirmative Phil, your majesty. How could we
be so stupid Phil, You are a genius Phil, Thanks for your insights Phil,
We are wrong, you are so right Phil. Please excuse us while we go
outside and kill ourselves Phil, for we are but mere insectoids compared
to your infinitely superior intellect, wisdom and wit!

(Hehehe, I love it. Thanks, Rich!)
Cheers,
Fred
| Music: http://www3.telus.net/dogstarmusic/ |
| Projects, Vacuum Tubes & other stuff: |
| http://www.dogstar.dantimax.dk |

Chuck Harris

Phil Allison wrote:

So,again,why *are* you here Phil?

** It's a public forum - I have on topic stuff to say.

Others can take a ****ing hike if they don't like that.

.............. Phil

You say you have, "on topic stuff to say", but no one seems to want to
hear it, so again, why ARE you here?

** Read my post again - real slowly - like it's 5 wpm Morse.

Then take that hike yourself.

Thank you, I like hiking, so I try to get out most every day.

But again, you hate everyone on this newsgroup. You think we are
all idiots. You hate hams. You hate tubes. And think tube users
are losers.

So why ARE you here?

-Chuck, WA3UQV

Rich Andrews

Fred Nachbaur wrote in newsYAfb.10401$da3.437
@edtnps84:

Phil Allison wrote:
[...]

Fred,

A little sarcasm goes a long way eh? (:)

PS. I thought you might appreciate it.