Carey Carlan

Default Then there's the gig that ain't

Busting my butt today to strike after the 4pm concert intown in time to
make it to the 7pm concert in the burbs. I get there with an hour to set
up this relatively straightforward "2-mic plus spots" gig.

But it ain't there. There's a high school beauty pageant going on in the
hall where my concert should be. The good news is it is just 5 minutes
from my house so I didn't drive across town for nothing.

I got this date back in May and failed to confirm the week before. Don't
forget to check your reservations.

On a side note, thanks for the "fast breakdown" tips. I used a few and
they helped.