Rale

Default PC interface comparable to Metric Halo ULN-2?

I was wondering if someone could recommend a PC notebook interface
comparable to Metric Halo ULN-2. I currently use a desktop PC with
Lynx L22, but will have to use a notebook more frequently, so I was
hoping to be able to find a good, transparent interface, preferably
with low noise preamps that would have performance comparable to that
of the Lynx card (true, Lynx L22 does not have mic preamps). Metric
Halo ULN-2 looks great, but unfortunately, there are no Windows
drivers for it.

Of course, I wouldn't mind using the Lynx card with a notebook, but
docking stations that have full size PCI slots seem almost
non-existent (except for the older laptops), and PCI expansion systems
such as MAGMA cost as much as expensive firewire audio interfaces. If
anyone knew of notebooks that have capability to accommodate PCI cards
(via docking stations or in any other way), had any other suggestions
on how to set this up, or had sugggestions on a good
firewire/USB/PCMCIA interface in this price range, please let me know.

Thanks,
Rale