Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Beauchampy Beauchampy is offline

Default How important is it to balance my speaker connections?

Well, heres my current monitoring chain..

(B) = balanced

Digi 002 Mon out (B) - Neutrik TRS patchbay (B) - Mackie HR824s (B)

Digi 002 Mon out (B) - Neutrik TRS patchbay (B) - Samson Servo (B) -
Yamaha NS10s

I wan't a better way of switching between speakers rather than patching
so I was looking at something like the Behringer MON800 or the Samson
C-control.

The Mon800 has no balanced outputs. The C-control has one set. The
Mon800 is about half the price of the C-control.

The legnth of the cabling isnt more than a couple of metres or so,
possibly less.

Ideally I'd like to keep the connections balanced like they are now..
although this isnt really going to happen within my budget (call it
£100).. Can't really afford anything like the presonus central station.

So, is it really going to make much difference having non-balanced
signals going to my monitors over a short distance?

Any comments or solutions greatly appreciated.

Regards

Beauchampy