Default Hi-Fi power amp with 6360?

Do anyone out there know example of tube 6360
applied to Hi-Fi power amp?

GE Essential Characteristics tells;
the 6360 is a twin tetrode with a common cathode,
can output 12W of power on class AB1 push-pull
operation.

What purpose was the tube originally made for?

Hiroshi

Phil Allison

s w
Do anyone out there know example of tube 6360
applied to Hi-Fi power amp?

GE Essential Characteristics tells;
the 6360 is a twin tetrode with a common cathode,
can output 12W of power on class AB1 push-pull
operation.

What purpose was the tube originally made for?

** Seems to be a VHF power amp for class C - ie FM output stages in
communications gear.

http://www.dscc.dla.mil/Downloads/Mi...prf1ss1308.pdf

........... Phil

John Walton

This tube was used in 6, 2 and 1 1/4 wave transmitters and transverters -
you canfind an example in the ARRL Handbook from 1964.

Jack

you could cross-post to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew for even better and more
definitive answers.

s wrote in message ...
Do anyone out there know example of tube 6360
applied to Hi-Fi power amp?

GE Essential Characteristics tells;
the 6360 is a twin tetrode with a common cathode,
can output 12W of power on class AB1 push-pull
operation.

What purpose was the tube originally made for?

Hiroshi

Phil Allison

"John Walton"

This tube was used in 6, 2 and 1 1/4 wave transmitters and transverters -
you canfind an example in the ARRL Handbook from 1964.

Jack

** You did mean "metre" not "wave" ???

So 50, 150 and 240 MHz.

John Walton

Sorry, yea, 6 meters was my favorite band in the 1960's -- I used a 6CW4
based converter on my Hammarlund HQ145. I liked 6 meters because it was a
nice optimization between ease-of-implementation on the equipment side, and
6 element yagi's.