Stewart Pinkerton

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 11:41:37 -0400, "Clyde Slick"
wrote:

I say the loser has to eat haggis.

I say only winners should be allowed that privilege!

Stewart Pinkerton

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 15:07:13 GMT, "Margaret von B."
wrote:

"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 20:33:49 +0300, Fella wrote:

Make a temporary mail account in yahoo or something you puke, what's
important is to agree upon how and where and when.

Why would anyone want to do this by email? We've already discussed the
how, all we need now is an impartial observer, the location and timing
is entirely up to you.

If you really want to put your money where your mouth is, I can provide the
perfect place for you. I will be moving to my new house in August. Got a
dedicated, professionally designed music/theater quarters with some of the
world's best speakers and top equipment. Got a guest house available, if
needed, and on-site armed security too, in case things get unruly. :-) The
only requirement regarding your equipment is that my tech gets to check out
any component for safe operation before hookup. There is no requirement to
socialize with anyone beyond the challenge but I get to approve of the guest
list up front. And I will keep all commercial rights to the event although I
honestly expect them to have zero value.

So there you go.

Works for me, so long as Mr Tio doesn't use 'unfamiliar surroundings'
as an excuse after he crashes and burns.

"George Middius" wrote in message

In answer to that question that keeps dogging you, Mickey: No, high-end
audio is
not for Bug Eaters.

The high end industry you speak of,[sic] is mostly myth.

That's the spirit, Mickey. If you can pretend it doesn't exist, then how
can it
bother you?

I'm not pretending, just acknowleding the truth. Real high end gear is
speakers, better speakers=better sound. All the gibbersih about amps,
wires, and CD players is just that, gibberish.

It's a matter of fact that speakers make the biggest difference in sound
quality. Good speakers in a decent room make more difference than all the
other stuff people want to spend their money on.

If there were any evidence that any of the other stuff actually improved the
sound of a hi-fi, I'd be looking for ways to buy or build it, since it
doesn't I concentrate on what does make a difference.

I don't mind spending money of things that work, but I know that it isn't
going to be done through expensive amps or wires or CD players.

The fact that these things are lost on many audiophiles is their problem not
mine.

"Fella" wrote in message
.. .

Is duh mikey the goofball in this too? Do me a favor slick, edit the
parts of goofy "writings" that you wanto to comment on. I don't want to
read duh!text.

So, a coward as well as a deaf idiot.

Toddle off now and listen to the cabinets vibrate on those Sonus Fabers.
twit.

Don Pearce

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 18:23:37 +0300, Fella wrote:

What's the difference if we
arrange the location, setting privately. Don't worry, I will kick the
**** out of you (which will leave you with nothing left) also in private
exhanges, much worse, actually.

You have made your outrageous assertions in public, subjected us all
to your filthy diatribe in public and now threatened Stewart with
violence publicly.

This means that the whole thing must be set up in public. I demand to
know what is happening at every step of the process, including the
detailed design of the protocol, in which I would like to have an
input.

Pearce Consulting
http://www.pearce.uk.com

Don Pearce

--

He already started setting up his excuses a week ago.

Pearce Consulting
http://www.pearce.uk.com
Arny Krueger

"Harry Lavo" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"MINe 109" wrote in message

Going into a gently-lit room, sitting in a comfy chair,
and hearing a moderately long piece of uninterrupted
music is "completely odd and dissimilar" to ordinary
listening?

http://jn.physiology.org/cgi/content/full/83/6/3548

"Their heads were fixed in individually molded
helmet-shaped rests that were contoured to leave their
ears undisturbed. "

"For each of the FRS, HCS, and LCS presentations, 30 mCi
of 15O-labeled water was injected into the right cubital
vein 80 s after the beginning of each session."

Sounds like ordinary listening to me! ;-)

That's the physiological part of the test, not the
evaluative listening part. Being a bit misleading aren't
we, Arny?

Thanks for admitting that these odd piece of listening test
equipment and radical medical procedures were parts of the
test, Harry.

Since you don't seem to be aware of this wll-known
scientific fact Harry, I must also point out that
correlation is not the same as causuality.

Arny Krueger

"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in message

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 18:23:37 +0300, Fella
wrote:

Stewart Pinkerton wrote:

Poor Mr Tio, you just can't handle the thought of
arranging a public demonstration of your delusions,

We will not do the arrangments in public.

Why not? Of what are you so afraid?

Fella is obviously afraid of repeating history. I think
there are at least three spots in RAO's hall of losers. He
seems to know Zipser's name, does he also know Singh's?

Fella

wrote:

Stewart Pinkerton wrote:

Poor Mr Tio, you just can't handle the thought of
arranging a public demonstration of your delusions,

We will not do the arrangments in public.

Why not? Of what are you so afraid?

Fella is obviously afraid of repeating history.

I had already tested myself with these wires, prior to meeting the Randi
challenge so there is nothing to be afraid of. Being the lying, debased
and many-times violated (by yourselves!) whores you borg are, each and
every single ****ing one of you, of course you will think I am lying.
Since you people lie habitually to support your religion and
malnourished souls.

Without the ABX machinery in between, and with the simulation of normal
listening modes as best as possible, there is absolutely NO problem,
ZERO, NONE, hearing the differences between a lamp cord and the cables I
use.
Margaret von B.

"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in message
On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 13:52:39 GMT, "Margaret von B."
wrote:

"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in message
news

Nope, they all sound like my Krell.

Not necessarily a good thing. Some Krells sound better than others

Not really, but of course you're not goiung to let reality get in the
way of a good story......

but I
suspect it would be impossible for anyone to tell through those rotting
mosquito screens of yours.

Oh, you mean the ones that Colloms used as references for many years,
being the little brothers of the ones that Ken Kessler *still* uses as
references? Deaf *and* dumb bitch.

Colloms and Kessler? It seems that these two would be phonies, incompetents,
liars etc. by your own classification since neither seems to subscribe to
your "it sounds the same" mantra. Seems like a desperate move on your part
to defend those rotting mosquito screens.

I can see why a narcissistic egomaniac like you
would buy a Krell regardless of the way it "sounds". Dan knew what he was
doing when he named his product.

So Maggie, we know the colour of the sky on Altair IV, what colour is
the sky on *your* planet?
--

Well, looks like you'll be finding that out in person!

Cheers,

Margaret

Don Pearce

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 13:08:35 +0300, Fella wrote:

I had already tested myself with these wires,

Tested yourself? The other day you were telling us that you had
undergone DBT. Which is it? You were lying then or you are lying now.
Please choose.

Pearce Consulting
http://www.pearce.uk.com
Margaret von B.

" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Fella" wrote in message
.. .

Is duh mikey the goofball in this too? Do me a favor slick, edit the
parts of goofy "writings" that you wanto to comment on. I don't want to
read duh!text.

So, a coward as well as a deaf idiot.

Fella has a point there. You are just plain dumb, McKelvy.

Cheers,

Margaret

Margaret von B.

"Don Pearce" wrote in message
On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 18:23:37 +0300, Fella wrote:

What's the difference if we
arrange the location, setting privately. Don't worry, I will kick the
**** out of you (which will leave you with nothing left) also in private
exhanges, much worse, actually.

You have made your outrageous assertions in public, subjected us all
to your filthy diatribe in public and now threatened Stewart with
violence publicly.

This means that the whole thing must be set up in public.

Must?

I demand to
know what is happening at every step of the process,

Demand?

including the
detailed design of the protocol, in which I would like to have an
input.

Input?

Well, well. What do we have here, another english drunk? Just because you
got your own thread in RAO doesn't mean you're anybody. :-)

Cheers,

Margaret

Don Pearce

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 11:00:09 GMT, "Margaret von B."
wrote:

"Don Pearce" wrote in message
[...]

Sorry, who are you, exactly?

Pearce Consulting
http://www.pearce.uk.com
Clyde Slick

"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in message

Nope, they all sound like my Krell.

To you.
Exptrapolate that!

Not just to me, but also to some thirty or forty assorted audiophiles
who have shared this experience over the years.
--

Thats nice.
So, listing each individual separately, list which amps each

Clyde Slick

"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in message
On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 08:56:20 -0400, "Clyde Slick"
wrote:

"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in message
. ..
On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 21:02:09 +0300, Fella wrote:

Actually before going high-end I owned an onkyo high-end wanna-be a9711
integra integrated amp. It had punchy bass, no sound stage to speak of,
imparted little detail (I know now!) and the most difficult speaker
terminals ever to work with. When the time to change that came (it's
source select needed replacing) and I started to audition other mid-fi
stuff I heard many differences amongst them. Kenwood, for instance was
thin sounding, very little, almost rationed out bass, a pioneer
integrated of similar class as the onkyo almost was the same, except
that it didn't have that warmish sound that is probably the house sound
of onkyo. Yamaha was just metallic, etc. I remember when I first
connected this densen. WOW! what an experience!

But yes, under an ABX they'd all sound the same, of course.

That's right - the reason being that they actually *do* all sound the
same. In sighted listening, your imagination fills in all that other
garbage you were spouting above.

Granted the above, (which I don't), everything else
being equal, I would select the one that
tickled my imagination. Why deprive oneself of pleasure?

Indeed, and no one *ever* said that you should base a buying decision
solely on sound quality.
--

Oh, it IS based on sound quality, the sound quality during
sighted listening, being that sighted listening is

George M. Middius

The Puking rituals begin.....

I say the loser has to eat haggis.

I say only winners should be allowed that privilege!

Does one have to be drunk in order to choke down the haggis, or does getting
drunk seem to follow the ritual, perhaps as a means of forgetting the
horror?

Fella

Don Pearce wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 13:08:35 +0300, Fella wrote:

I had already tested myself with these wires,

Tested yourself? The other day you were telling us that you had
undergone DBT. Which is it? You were lying then or you are lying now.
Please choose.

Pearce Consulting
http://www.pearce.uk.com

When I say "tested myself" it does not mean that I myself conducted the
test. Everything has to be written to the letter with you half-wits,
yes? The test *was* a DBT. I didn't know which wire was employed, I
never saw the actual changer of the wires all duration of the test. The
cables themselves were identical looking covered with thick plastic
pipes from bought from IKEA end to end. Besides, like I said, since we
wanted to find out to challenge the randi thing or not, we had no reason
to cheat.

I did many ABX sessions and I reported honestly the results, which were
not to my benefit, not a single one, publicly on RAO. I knew two-bit
whores like DUH!mickey would rejoice, which they did, but I told the truth.

The time of the happening will be sorted. The arrangements need not be
public, THE RESULTS are what counts and they will be public. If you
two-bit borgish whores would just stop the bitchin and the whining..
Don Pearce

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 14:48:58 +0300, Fella wrote:

I did many ABX sessions and I reported honestly the results, which were
not to my benefit, not a single one, publicly on RAO. I knew two-bit
whores like DUH!mickey would rejoice, which they did, but I told the truth.

Not to your benefit? The other day you were claiming numbers like
21/18. Were you lying then, or are you lying now? You choose.

Pearce Consulting
http://www.pearce.uk.com
Fella

Don Pearce wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 14:48:58 +0300, Fella wrote:

I did many ABX sessions and I reported honestly the results, which were
not to my benefit, not a single one, publicly on RAO. I knew two-bit
whores like DUH!mickey would rejoice, which they did, but I told the truth.

Not to your benefit? The other day you were claiming numbers like
21/18. Were you lying then, or are you lying now? You choose.

You are phenominally dumb aren't you? Unb.. Look, the *ABX*s between
amplifiers all failed. The *DBT*s between wires all succeeded.

DUH! I guess dumbness is a prerequisite of being a borg. Sad.

And here I thought you guys were borgs because:

1) ABX premise fooled you by making everything sound the same (which it
does)
2) That you all are close to 60 years of age with accordingly failing
hearing .............................. (as ála pukerton)
3) Class envy; you can't afford it so no one else should be able to enjoy it
4) Bitterness and hate; you people hate music, people, art, esthetics.. etc.

So now we add number FIVE to the list

5) Being DUH!dumb to the bone.

Pearce Consulting
http://www.pearce.uk.com

Fella

Don Pearce wrote:
On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 18:23:37 +0300, Fella wrote:

What's the difference if we
arrange the location, setting privately. Don't worry, I will kick the
**** out of you (which will leave you with nothing left) also in private
exhanges, much worse, actually.

You have made your outrageous assertions in public, subjected us all
to your filthy diatribe in public and now threatened Stewart with
violence publicly.

Pukerton *will learn* not to butt-in to conversations with "if that
put's a bug up your ass" .. What little sense of justice you have Mr.
Pearce, you seem to deprive those whom you disagree with even that.

"Outrageous assertions" you say.. Seems that talking about wires, amps,
the flavors and variations in the sounds that they bring forth,
criticising the ABX premise, etc, is like talking about the many wives
of the prophet to muslim with you folks. It's like sacrilege of the
sacred. There is geniune hatred and anger when your dogman is
questioned. How dumb can this be?
Don Pearce

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 15:14:00 +0300, Fella wrote:

4) Bitterness and hate; you people hate music, people, art, esthetics.. etc.

It is because we enjoy the music that we have the wisdom to say
"forget the kit, it makes virtually no difference, and most of it
makes absolutely no difference". It is the anti-aestheticists like you
who fantasize over imagined differences between wires. You have so
little musical imagination that this is what you sink to.

Learn to relax and enjoy the music, for goodness sake.

Pearce Consulting
http://www.pearce.uk.com
Don Pearce

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 15:22:30 +0300, Fella wrote:

Don Pearce wrote:
[...]

No anger, no hatred. You must look to your own posts for those, I'm
afraid. Your violence towards those who disagree with you is there for
all to see.

Pearce Consulting
http://www.pearce.uk.com
Fella

Clyde Slick wrote:
"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in message

Nope, they all sound like my Krell.

You are full of ****, Mr. Science Guy.

He is condensed ****. He is **** multiplied by ****.

He has the krell and the barn doors attached to them ("rotting flay
traps" was it Margaret?) he makes his own "interconnects" .. But now
that he is too old to hear the subtle (but VITAL) differences between
good CD players and mass market stuff, he wants to ruin the ride for
everybody else also.

I feel sorry for those newbies asking for advice here. Bitter,
ill-willed borgs like this pukey **** just say "they all sound the same,
just go getyerself some japanese mass market **** from a dishwasher
store, no prooobs, if ya don't believe me, here have some ABX crackers,
if you dont believe me, have a nice cup of shut the **** up" and
effectivley hinder their enjoyment of music for the rest of their life.
Fella

Don Pearce wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 15:14:00 +0300, Fella wrote:

4) Bitterness and hate; you people hate music, people, art, esthetics.. etc.

It is because we enjoy the music that we have the wisdom to say
"forget the kit, it makes virtually no difference, and most of it
makes absolutely no difference".

Well I'd get listener fatigue with my old onkyo-b&w set, Mr Pierce.
There would be times I would like to listen to music but could not stand
to do so from my then system so I would go to "storyville" (this jazz
club that had live music almost every night) just to be able to listen
to music *and* get ****ed in the process. Now I can listen to my music
as much as I want, or have the time to.

Learn to relax and enjoy the music, for goodness sake.

That is good, sound advice, Mr Pearce, thank you. May we all.

Arny Krueger

wrote:

4) Bitterness and hate; you people hate music, people,
art, esthetics.. etc.

It is because we enjoy the music that we have the wisdom
to say "forget the kit, it makes virtually no difference,
and most of it makes absolutely no difference". It is the
anti-aestheticists like you who fantasize over imagined
differences between wires. You have so little musical
imagination that this is what you sink to.

Learn to relax and enjoy the music, for goodness sake.

Exactly. The whole thrust of ABX for the past 30 years has
been to find out what really matters, and get to the good
part which is making and enjoying music, as quickly as was
reasonably possible; as opposed to enlessly obsessing over
exotic wires and esoteric equipment.

We were prepared to go to great expense to get excellent
quality sound, and in many cases the expense was not spared.
However, the expense was invested in loudspeakers and rooms
instead of green pens, magic ointments, mysical wires, and
overpriced electronics.

As far as the class warfare argument goes, we really have no
reliable means to make reliable comparisons of social class
or economic status over the web.

Certainly, Fella talks like the kind of gutter-snipe one
finds doing menial work around garbage dumps. He obviously
hasn't got technical clue number one, so its quite clear
that he lacks a good basic education in science or
technology.

Like his mentor Middius, Fella could say that he's anybody
or anything, and who would know?

In contrast, the ABX developers are degreed technical
professionals, mostly engineers, a mathematician working as
an engineer, and a medical doctor. Outside contributors
included a Bell Labs scientist or two.

DBT advocates include influential individuals from the
highest ranks of the audio industry, scientists working for
leading-edge organizations such as Dolby, Philips, NRC of
Canada, Harman, etc. Note all the sniping at the AES from
Stereophile authors and its editor.

It seems like the the class warfare argument presented by
Fella exactly reverses reality. DBT critics such as him seem
to be the envious outsiders looking in.

Fella

Arny Krueger wrote:
as opposed to enlessly obsessing over
exotic wires and esoteric equipment.

If you are referring to tweaking with the "obsessing" word arny, I agree
with you. Tweaking *is* a bottomless pit, since it just seems to "get
better and better", but then effect wares off in a couple of weeks. It
is futile and it takes the attention away from the music, I agree.

But finding the system that breathes natural music to your ears is not
tweaking it is trying to minimize the effects of having to listen to
*re*produced music, ie, listener fatigue.

You feeble attempts at character assasination are just funny arny, just
plain good old goddamn wholesome funny.
George Middius

Today's Utilitarianism Prayer is led by Rev. Mikey Bug-Eater of the Church of
Eternal Stupidity.

In answer to that question that keeps dogging you, Mickey: No, high-end
audio is not for Bug Eaters.

This is the lesson you should take to heart, Mickey. If you empty your head of
the anti-high-end dross that keeps clogging your neural pathways, maybe that
horrible ringing will abate and you'll be able to get on with your foraging.

The high end industry you speak of,[sic] is mostly myth.

That's the spirit, Mickey. If you can pretend it doesn't exist, then how
can it bother you?

I'm not pretending, just acknowleding my stupidity. Real high end gear is
speakers, which I foolishly thought I could replicate in my backyard. Do
you remember my ProAc knockoff speakers?

Of course we do, Mickey. It was just swell to see you finally doing something
you enjoyed rather than moaning and groaning about your pain and suffering all
the time.

The sound they emitted was gibberish, just that, gibberish.

That's OK. You had fun playing.

It's a matter of fact that my cheesy knockoff speakers were the biggest
pieces of crap anybody ever tried to sell. I thought nobody could tell the
difference but what do you know, everybody could.

You weren't born to sell, Mickey. You were born to clean the foundations of
houses.

I get so worked up at all the stuff people want to spend their money on.

What can you do? If eating bugs is your metier, that's your lot in life.

Ayn Rand teaches us that existence is destined only for those who exist, I
keep on trucking but I don't get anywhere, its all a game for me.

One day the wall will break, Mickey. Keep on banging your head on the wall.

I don't mind spending money to have my teeth cleaned but why do they have to
use formic acid? It tastes like **** and if I weren't a moron I would be a
gourmet. Pass the bug juice.

Some people can succeed because of their heritage. Others succeed because of
luck. You are what you eat.

The fact that my IQ is improbably low is not lost on many audiophiles, its
the looseness of their clothing not mine.

Let us know when the pier is washed away, Mickey. And have a good journey!

Margaret von B.

"Fella" wrote in message
news
Clyde Slick wrote:
"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in message

Nope, they all sound like my Krell.

You are full of ****, Mr. Science Guy.

He is condensed ****. He is **** multiplied by ****.

He has the krell and the barn doors attached to them ("rotting flay traps"
was it Margaret?) he makes his own "interconnects" .. But now that he
is too old to hear the subtle (but VITAL) differences between good CD
players and mass market stuff, he wants to ruin the ride for everybody
else also.

I don't think that is Stewart's motive. I think he merely wants to achieve
some fame and notoriety before his internal organs call it quits. To a
narcissistic egomaniac like Stewart it is extremely important to leave some
sort of legacy and he hasn't got any aside from some internet bragging and
name calling, and shooting blanks. I think Arnii's appearance at the
Stereophile show really incensed Stewart as he realized that Arnii, a person
of roughly equal ability and background, has completely overshadowed him. If
you read RAO history, you'll notice that Stewart was absent from RAO for a
long time and only resurfaced after all the fresh attention Arnii was
getting. Tenacity may be Stewart's calling card but originality is NOT.

I feel sorry for those newbies asking for advice here. Bitter, ill-willed
borgs like this pukey **** just say "they all sound the same, just go
getyerself some japanese mass market **** from a dishwasher store, no
prooobs, if ya don't believe me, here have some ABX crackers, if you dont
believe me, have a nice cup of shut the **** up"

You're clearly describing Arnii here who hasn't even had a chance to hold a
Krell carrying handle. :-)

and effectivley hinder their enjoyment of music for the rest of their
life.

I don't agree with this either. Music works on way too many levels to be
subject to equipment and such. I sometimes get in the mood where Edith Piaf
or Caruso or Satchmo MUST be played thru my monstrous Grundig table radio
with zillion tubes and speakers in it WHILE I'm sitting in my massage chair
on my terrace OVERLOOKING the Gulf of Mexico. Achieving a close
approximation of a live performance is only one aspect of listening to
music, albeit the most expensive one.

Cheers,

Margaret

Margaret von B.

"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in message
On 22 Jul 2005 12:22:12 -0700, George Middius
Another typical lie from the Hiddius Gorge. I have often recounted how
I was enjoying the tremendous bass slam and sweet liquid treble of my
trusty Krell in comparison to a Yamaha AX-570 - and then discovered
that the Yamaha was still connected!

How often do you "discover" that you're still wearing the same underwear?

Cheers,

Margaret

Fella

Margaret von B. wrote:
"Fella" wrote in message

and effectivley hinder their enjoyment of music for the rest of their
life.

I don't agree with this either.

Now now, you keep disagreeing with me like that...

Music works on way too many levels to be
subject to equipment and such. I sometimes get in the mood where Edith Piaf
or Caruso or Satchmo MUST be played thru my monstrous Grundig table radio
with zillion tubes and speakers in it WHILE I'm sitting in my massage chair
on my terrace OVERLOOKING the Gulf of Mexico.

This pukey will most probably chicken out. But I'd like to come over and
see that terrace if it's all the same to you. ;\

BTW: I am auditioning now a pair of odyssey statos pre-power combinations.

http://www.odysseyaudio.com/stratos.html

and

http://www.odysseyaudio.com/tempest.html

Perhaps the search is over, and the truth is found!

"Margaret von B." wrote in message

" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Fella" wrote in message
.. .

Is duh mikey the goofball in this too? Do me a favor slick, edit the
parts of goofy "writings" that you wanto to comment on. I don't want to
read duh!text.

So, a coward as well as a deaf idiot.

Fella has a point there. You are just plain dumb, McKelvy.

Smart enough to not have bird **** all over my stereo.

Margaret von B.

" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Margaret von B." wrote in message

" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Fella" wrote in message
.. .

Is duh mikey the goofball in this too? Do me a favor slick, edit the
parts of goofy "writings" that you wanto to comment on. I don't want to
read duh!text.

So, a coward as well as a deaf idiot.

Fella has a point there. You are just plain dumb, McKelvy.

Smart enough to not have bird **** all over my stereo.

What "stereo"? :-)

Cheers,

Margaret

Margaret von B.

"Fella" wrote in message
.. .
Margaret von B. wrote:
"Fella" wrote in message

and effectivley hinder their enjoyment of music for the rest of their
life.

I don't agree with this either.

Now now, you keep disagreeing with me like that...

I've always tried to be neutral here and take no sides. That said, some
people are more pleasant than others and get similar treatment from me. :-)

Music works on way too many levels to be subject to equipment and such. I
sometimes get in the mood where Edith Piaf or Caruso or Satchmo MUST be
played thru my monstrous Grundig table radio with zillion tubes and
speakers in it WHILE I'm sitting in my massage chair on my terrace
OVERLOOKING the Gulf of Mexico.

This pukey will most probably chicken out. But I'd like to come over and
see that terrace if it's all the same to you. ;\

Of course it is not "the same". I try my best to be better hostess than
that!

BTW: I am auditioning now a pair of odyssey statos pre-power combinations.

http://www.odysseyaudio.com/stratos.html

and

http://www.odysseyaudio.com/tempest.html

Perhaps the search is over, and the truth is found!

Interesting stuff that I'm not too familiar with but it certainly looks the
part. Have you ever thought of a pair of Genelec S30 ribbon monitors either
with analog or digital inputs coupled with an appropriate preamp/switching
device? Seems like that might be an exceedingly good value to you.

Cheers,

Margaret

Fella

Margaret von B. wrote:

Of course it is not "the same". I try my best to be better hostess than
that!

Well thank you. I get the impression that you have something to do with
these parts of the woods, somehow. The next time you drop by, come over
for a listen. I think I am going to keep these Odyssey's. Though
somewhat "analytical" for my tastes, the "house sound" of the SF's
compensate for that. A wider, deeper soundstage too but no pompous
exaggeration like those others I had tried.

BTW: I am auditioning now a pair of odyssey statos pre-power combinations.

http://www.odysseyaudio.com/stratos.html

and

http://www.odysseyaudio.com/tempest.html

Perhaps the search is over, and the truth is found!

Interesting stuff that I'm not too familiar with but it certainly looks the
part.

They play it out pretty nicely too.

Have you ever thought of a pair of Genelec S30 ribbon monitors

You really should come over and lend an ear to these SF's of mine.

Stewart Pinkerton

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 07:10:20 -0400, "Clyde Slick"
wrote:

Indeed, and no one *ever* said that you should base a buying decision
solely on sound quality.
--

Oh, it IS based on sound quality, the sound quality during
sighted listening, being that sighted listening is
my "normal" listening mode.

Sadly, that has little to do with actual *sound* quality.

Stewart Pinkerton

wrote:

"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in message
news

Nope, they all sound like my Krell.

Not necessarily a good thing. Some Krells sound better than others

Not really, but of course you're not goiung to let reality get in the
way of a good story......

but I
suspect it would be impossible for anyone to tell through those rotting
mosquito screens of yours.

Oh, you mean the ones that Colloms used as references for many years,
being the little brothers of the ones that Ken Kessler *still* uses as
references? Deaf *and* dumb bitch.

Colloms and Kessler? It seems that these two would be phonies, incompetents,
liars etc. by your own classification since neither seems to subscribe to
your "it sounds the same" mantra.

Of course they don't - they would have no livelihood.

Seems like a desperate move on your part
to defend those rotting mosquito screens.

Seems like a desperate move on your part to have criticised them in
the first place. BTW, no one ever suggested that all *speakers* sound
even remotely the same.

I can see why a narcissistic egomaniac like you
would buy a Krell regardless of the way it "sounds". Dan knew what he was
doing when he named his product.

So Maggie, we know the colour of the sky on Altair IV, what colour is
the sky on *your* planet?
--

Well, looks like you'll be finding that out in person!

Why is that? Did you have some bizarre preconception that I would ever
be in the same room as Mr Tio?

Stewart Pinkerton

wrote:

Stewart Pinkerton wrote:

Poor Mr Tio, you just can't handle the thought of
arranging a public demonstration of your delusions,

We will not do the arrangments in public.

Why not? Of what are you so afraid?

Fella is obviously afraid of repeating history.

I had already tested myself with these wires, prior to meeting the Randi
challenge so there is nothing to be afraid of. Being the lying, debased
and many-times violated (by yourselves!) whores you borg are, each and
every single ****ing one of you, of course you will think I am lying.
Since you people lie habitually to support your religion and
malnourished souls.

Actually, we just know that you're deluded about cables. We may also
*think* that you're a pathetic, lying degenerate, but that's another
matter.

Without the ABX machinery in between, and with the simulation of normal
listening modes as best as possible, there is absolutely NO problem,
ZERO, NONE, hearing the differences between a lamp cord and the cables I
use.

Yeah, sure there isn't, dearie...................

Stewart Pinkerton

Don Pearce wrote:
[...]

We're not the ones bitching and whining, and trying to duck out to
email for some bizarre reason. Maggie has already offered a facility.

Stewart Pinkerton

Don Pearce wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 14:48:58 +0300, Fella wrote:

I did many ABX sessions and I reported honestly the results, which were
not to my benefit, not a single one, publicly on RAO. I knew two-bit
whores like DUH!mickey would rejoice, which they did, but I told the truth.

Not to your benefit? The other day you were claiming numbers like
21/18. Were you lying then, or are you lying now? You choose.

You are phenominally dumb aren't you? Unb.. Look, the *ABX*s between
amplifiers all failed. The *DBT*s between wires all succeeded.

DUH! I guess dumbness is a prerequisite of being a borg. Sad.

And here I thought you guys were borgs because:

1) ABX premise fooled you by making everything sound the same (which it
does)

No, it just makes things that really do sound the same, sound the
same. It remains the gold standard for things that sound even a teeny
bit different.

2) That you all are close to 60 years of age with accordingly failing
hearing .............................. (as ála pukerton)

Guilty as charged, which is why I like to include youngsters in my
listening tests. Of course, my *midrange* hearing, where 99% of the
music resides, remains acute, and very well trained.

3) Class envy; you can't afford it so no one else should be able to enjoy it

BWAHAHAHA!

4) Bitterness and hate; you people hate music, people, art, esthetics.. etc.

No, we just have contempt for pathetric, deluded, lying posers like
you.

So now we add number FIVE to the list

5) Being DUH!dumb to the bone.

That would be *your* problem, not ours.