unc80

Default Need Info: Utah Celesta 12" Triaxial Speakers ???

Need Info or FS: Utah Celesta 12" Triaxial Speakers ???

Looking for specs and any other info on pair of vintage Utah Celesta
speakers (3 way drivers only). Model # on frame is c12pc-3b.
Excellent condition..would consider selling.. please email any info
you have or make offer if interested.. can send picture. Thanks!
Peter Larsen

unc80 wrote:

Need Info or FS: Utah Celesta 12" Triaxial Speakers ???

I can recall the UTAH brand was imported to Denmark probably in the
latter half of the 1970'es and that is about all I know about them.
Basically I am just trying to keep your question afloat for a little
longer ....

Looking for specs and any other info on pair of vintage Utah Celesta
speakers (3 way drivers only). Model # on frame is c12pc-3b.
Excellent condition..would consider selling.. please email any info
you have or make offer if interested.. can send picture. Thanks!

Pete KE9OA

Utah was a budget brand that was sold in the 70s. Both Allied Radio and
Musicraft (Chicago) carried this brand. The speakers that you describe were
in the 50 dollar each range at that time. The WD90s were an acoustic
suspension system, while the HS1Cs were a bass reflex design. Nothing to
write home about, but for 100 dollars a pair (complete 3-way system), they
weren't a bad deal, until Dynaco came out with the A25. The Dynaco units did
sound better.

Pete