Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default NVIDIA RTX Voice demo [ NSFW]

The presentation leaves a lot to be desired, but this is interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA6R9NmZO80

There are a lot of flangey artifacts, but ... it's a leaf blower. I'm
assuming no jiggery-pokery here.

There are ... a lot of videos on this subject.

This isn't new; there's CEDAR, there's the old CoolEdit single-ended NR,
there's ReaFIR. This is just a matter of degree.

I'm doing a computer build with a more modest video card than the RTX.
Maybe it can eliminate the fan noise from itself?

It's a "plugin" but no clue what form that takes. I'll doubtless try it
on acoustic guitar in the same acoustic space as the new computer.

Might be a thing, fellas.

--
Les Cargill

Posted to rec.audio.pro

The flangey effect might be coming from the process of suppressing the
leafblower noise. Kind like in the aquarium. Every evening I hear noises
on the news I wish this product would work on.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

geoff wrote:

If you listen to Faux News those bizarre random
inane noises ARE the news.

geoff

________
Unfortnately Faux - and all the others, carry this particular noise almost
daily since Covid19 paid us a visit, lol! I keep the sound low until an
actual MD appears behind the podium.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Les Cargill wrote:
The presentation leaves a lot to be desired, but this is interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA6R9NmZO80

There are a lot of flangey artifacts, but ... it's a leaf blower. I'm
assuming no jiggery-pokery here.

There are ...Â* a lot of videos on this subject.

This isn't new; there's CEDAR, there's the old CoolEdit single-ended NR,
there's ReaFIR. This is just a matter of degree.

I'm doing a computer build with a more modest video card than the RTX.
Maybe it can eliminate the fan noise from itself?

It's a "plugin" but no clue what form that takes. I'll doubtless try it
on acoustic guitar in the same acoustic space as the new computer.

Might be a thing, fellas.

Update: they botched the systems integration; SFAIK you cannot use it
in series on an ASIO driver based interface, nor can you use it as a
plugin in a DAW. They constrain the use cases to basically mic input,
for conferencing and that sort of thing.

I suppose you could loop audio to it using the native, built-in audio
systems ( all those 1/8" headphone connectors ) using something other
than ASIO but why bother? Maybe ASIO4ALL but geez, (NVIDIA) guys....

--
Les Cargill