Kevin McMurtrie

Default Bass Cancellation

In article ,
"GiJO" wrote:

Hi,

I have an R33 Skyline, and have found that there is a dead spot for the bass
right where the driver's head is. When listening to the music it sounds like
the bass needs to be turned up. But if i sit in the back or even lean
forward, the bass increases alot. Is there something i can do to shift the
cancellation point either back or forward? I've got 6.5" splits in the doors
and 6" coaxials in the back. I've tried turning the bass up but then the
speakers pop when i turn it up and that sounds worse.

It's very annoying and the system quality is lower cos of it. Maybe if i
angle the speakers in the doors to the back of the car a bit more, or tilt
the rear speakers towards the front... any ideas?

All my equipment is Alpine (speakers, headunit, amps etc) I've got the
CVA-1000e headunit, MRV-F405 4 channel amp.

Try reversing the polarity of the fronts or rears, whichever is easier
to get to.
Paul Vina

Or it could be the left side out of phase with the right or even one speaker
out of phase with the other 3. I would try switching one at a time to see
what happens.

Paul Vina

"Scott Johnson" wrote in message
. 3.44...
Kevin McMurtrie wrote in
:

In article ,
"GiJO" wrote:

[...]

one set of the speakers are wire in reverse to the other set. so the front

set are out of
phase with the rear set.

Tyrone Biggums

In article ,
"GiJO" wrote:

[...]

bring that skyline to virginia beach and leave it with me for a week or
so. i'll sort the sound problems out, and at no charge, too!

:-)

--
The Bert Gummer Foundation

"A$$ Blaster fumes smell just like burning crack! Makes my mouth water!"
Rob

Dude,

I am in Perth,WA.

If you're in Perth too, then call me at Morley Hifi & Car Stereo on (08)
9275 7044 and I will sort it out for you.

Rob.

"GiJO" wrote in message
news
hehe... i'm in australia dude!!! so unfortunately that's out of the
question... bugger hey!

I'm positive i wired it all up right, cos when i sit in the back seat the
stereo sounds awesome, even if i fade the speakers to the front a little
more to even the sound. But i'll double check anyway... i have to pull out
the amps/wires anyway cos i'm relocating the amp which is under the front
seat as it's too big there...

--
Thanks
Andrew