Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET[_2_] MOSFET[_2_] is offline

Default Tired of Alpine 7939

On Tuesday, March 10, 1998 at 1:00:00 AM UTC-7, Tony Fernandes wrote:
I've had an Alpine 7939 head unit for a couple of years now and I love the
sound, but I've always thought it was UGLY!!
I've been thinking of replacing it with either a high end Sony or Clarion..

Also, are there any head units that have time delay features for optimal
front-end imaging?

Any help or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
Tony

Yes, I had the 7939 for many years in the middle 90's and my wife called the volume control a "nose". It was a VERY ugly deck.

Why the interest in moving away from Alpine? The 7939 was a great deck but compared to today's feature rich Alpine's it's very pedestrian. There are many Alpine unit's out there with bass engine pro. That was the old name for all those great features like time-alignment, parametric EQ, varibable slope X-over, 4-volt pre-out and all the wonderful features Alpine has added to it's best decks.

If it were me, I would choose a newer Alpine deck with those audiophile features AND some of those cool features like built in USB, iPod capability and Bluetooth.

Anyway, that's my $.02,

MOSFET