Shawn Barnhart

Default Best CD player or changer option for 1999 Accord V6 LX sedan?

I have a 1999 Accord V6 LX with the factory AM/FM/Cassette player with
has changer control. What's the best CD player option for this car?

A local electronics chain quoted about $400 for an Alpine 6-disc changer
capable of being controlled by the existing head unit, including standard
installation, which probably wouldn't cover the console install which is the
most convenient vs. the trunk or some other hard to get at location.

Honda makes or made a 6-disc in-dash changer which I've seen on the 'net for
about $450 or so, as well as a single-disc player, both of which would fit
the single space beneath the existing cassette player (that's how the
neighbor's single-disc player fits their Odyssey, and how they put the
cassette player in my '01 CRV). Most of the places I've seen these two
units are in reference to 2000 Accords, which I think were the same as the
99s from a dash perspective, but I'm a little leery about mail-ordering and
installing something that won't work with the '99 head unit.

I'd kind of like to avoid an aftermarket cd-only player, as I still play
cassettes occasionally and they seem to invite thieves or suggest "more
goodies", as opposed to the boring factory electronics, which suggest a dull
Accord driver. It's probably the best *price* option (as well as providing
MP3 features), but a CD only player would eliminate the tape deck.

I've kind of written off FM modulator options and cassette-deck adapter
options. I'd do a new head unit first or even grab an iPod.

Perry

"Shawn Barnhart" wrote in message
[...]

Check out Crutchfield. They have some cd changers listed for different
manufacturers. Here is one for Honda....$229 for the changer.

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...&cc= 01&avf=N

Shawn Barnhart

"Perry" wrote in message

Check out Crutchfield. They have some cd changers listed for different
manufacturers. Here is one for Honda....$229 for the changer.

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...&cc= 01&avf=N

It's an option, but I'm kind of uninterested in installing it myself. Even
with my space heater going, it's like 35 degrees F in my garage.

Perry

"Perry" wrote in message

Check out Crutchfield. They have some cd changers listed for different
manufacturers. Here is one for Honda....$229 for the changer.

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...&cc= 01&avf=N

It's an option, but I'm kind of uninterested in installing it myself.

Even
with my space heater going, it's like 35 degrees F in my garage.

well, you could buy it, and have a shop install it for you. It should
certainly be significantly cheaper than buying the $400 item...something to
consider anyway.