Shawn

Default Replacement NS-10 tweeter

Can anyone tell me if there is any difference replacing a blown
tweeter on the Yamaha NS-10 with the new style tweeters that are
around or should I search for the older style ones? Also, any one know
of a place that will repair it in South Florida ?

thanks

Chris
Kevin Kelly

Can anyone tell me if there is any difference replacing a blown
tweeter on the Yamaha NS-10 with the new style tweeters that are
around or should I search for the older style ones? BRBR

You mean an original honest to God NS10M (not studio) from the toilet paper
era? I always thought they sounded more natural than the NS10MS Studio model.
They were certainly brighter. So one original and one studio would make a
strange pair.

Kevin M. Kelly
"There needs to be a 12-step program for us gearheads"
Sugarite

Can anyone tell me if there is any difference replacing a blown
tweeter on the Yamaha NS-10 with the new style tweeters that are
around or should I search for the older style ones? Also, any one know
of a place that will repair it in South Florida ?

I wouldn't replace any studio monitor's tweeter without replacing both.

Complete Charlie

"Kevin Kelly" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me if there is any difference replacing a blown
tweeter on the Yamaha NS-10 with the new style tweeters that are
around or should I search for the older style ones? BRBR

You mean an original honest to God NS10M (not studio) from the toilet

paper
era?

I had no idea you americans were so advanced- we still use toilet paper over
here in Australia. I guess you can do anything with computer nowadays.

G. Scott Davis

You mean an original honest to God NS10M (not studio) from the toilet
paperera? I always thought they sounded more natural than the NS10MS Studio
model.They were certainly brighter.

It used to be fun arguing over which brand of TP to use! I found that Charmin
unscented worked best. It was whacked changing to the 10M Studios since the
footprint was bigger due to the new logo orientation. On another similar topic,
we used to argue alot over what type of pantyhose to use for windscreen/pop
filters before we switched to the manufactured ones.

Glenn Davis
"Creating the perfect mix is like painting a 747 with Q-Tips"
John L Rice

lol

"Complete Charlie" wrote in message

"Kevin Kelly" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me if there is any difference replacing a blown
tweeter on the Yamaha NS-10 with the new style tweeters that are
around or should I search for the older style ones? BRBR

You mean an original honest to God NS10M (not studio) from the toilet

paper
era?

I had no idea you americans were so advanced- we still use toilet paper

over
here in Australia. I guess you can do anything with computer nowadays.

WTB: 1 MB Quart Tweeter or Tweeter set Hung Lieu Car Audio 2 April 17th 13 02:50 AM
tweeter replacement pil Car Audio 3 June 5th 04 05:32 PM
Replacement voice coil for Dynaudio tweeter?? JeffM. Car Audio 1 March 20th 04 08:58 PM
MB Quart tweeter question John Matlock Car Audio 6 October 5th 03 04:01 PM
Broken tweeter mount - can I get a replacement? XMAX-1 Car Audio 2 September 7th 03 04:49 PM