Posted to rec.audio.tech

Default Follow-up question from the original poster

br2001 wrote ...
Thanks for the advice, guys. Two questions come to mind - can someone
recommend the best site to order T-Y's or Mitsui's?

There are vendors who will charge you for T-Y and ship
some junker brand, so it is important to deal with vendors
who are both ethical AND sell T-Y. I buy all mine from
www.supermediastore and am very happy with their service.
Dunno about Mitsui, I use T-Y exclusively.

And, is this rationale accurate - is it wise to pursue "Audio"
CD-R blanks for those 'home' (non-pro) stand-alone decks,
assuming they're optimized for 1X recording? Thanks again
in advance...

It may be the only way of getting CDR discs which are designed
for 1X speed.