Posted to rec.audio.opinion
John Galvan John Galvan is offline

Default Cartridge suggestions for MCS 6710 turntable?

Hi,

I was just given an MCS 6710 turntable and I'd appreciate any
suggestions on what cartridge might be good. I'd like an elliptical
stylus and am considering either the Ortofon OM 10 or 20. If anyone
is not familiar with this turntable model, the tonearm is S shaped,
has a fixed headshell and from what I've read is medium mass. Would
the Ortofon be alright or does anyone have any suggestions in that
general price range (up to $150)?

This is the first turntable I've owned that uses standard-mount
cartridges, so I'm very new to this.

Thanks!
John

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"John Galvan" wrote in message
oups.com
Hi,

I was just given an MCS 6710 turntable

J C Penny Mid-fi?

and I'd appreciate
any suggestions on what cartridge might be good. I'd
like an elliptical stylus and am considering either the
Ortofon OM 10 or 20.

This would definately be a mystery meat turntable.

If anyone is not familiar with this
turntable model, the tonearm is S shaped, has a fixed
headshell and from what I've read is medium mass.

I'd be worried about friction.

Would
the Ortofon be alright or does anyone have any
suggestions in that general price range (up to $150)?

http://www.amazon.com/Shure-M97xE-Hi.../dp/B00006I5SB

The brush would help with the possible problems with mass and friction.

Other than that, its a very good sounding cartridge.

This is the first turntable I've owned that uses
standard-mount cartridges, so I'm very new to this.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius George M. Middius is offline

The Krooborg clunks out of its comfort zone.

This would definately be a mystery meat turntable.

You're phasing again, Arnii. Remember, you hate turntables and
everything about them, but especially the aura of elitism that surrounds
them. Smearing them with your ultranerdy grade-school epithets doesn't
bring them down to your level. Sorry.

--

Krooscience: The antidote to education, experience, and excellence.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

George M. Middius a scris:
The Krooborg clunks out of its comfort zone.

This would definately be a mystery meat turntable.

You're phasing again, Arnii. Remember, you hate turntables and
everything about them, but especially the aura of elitism that surrounds
them. Smearing them with your ultranerdy grade-school epithets doesn't
bring them down to your level. Sorry.

either that, or Krooger got heartburn from last night's dinner.