Posted to rec.audio.tech
gunnet

Default using 2 preamps

Hi, I would like to know if using 2 preamps would damage something or not.
Here's what I've got in mind:
a preamp connected to another preamp(vincent sa-31) connected to the power
amp

Beside the somewhat questionable reason, is it possible and it would damage
something?
thank you

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Laurence Payne

On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 12:44:50 +0100, "gunnet" wrote:

Hi, I would like to know if using 2 preamps would damage something or not.
Here's what I've got in mind:
a preamp connected to another preamp(vincent sa-31) connected to the power
amp

Beside the somewhat questionable reason, is it possible and it would damage
something?

It is possible that an audiophile preamp designed to work with a
specific power amp may send a non-standard voltage. But generally, a
preamp sends a line-level signal to the power amp. Feed this to a
suitable input on another preamp and daisy-chain as many as you like.

But yes, do tell us why? :-)
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Richard Crowley

"gunnet" wrote ...
Hi, I would like to know if using 2 preamps would
damage something or not. Here's what I've got in mind:
a preamp connected to another preamp(vincent sa-31)
connected to the power amp

Beside the somewhat questionable reason, is it possible
and it would damage something?

Since you did not identify the other preamp, we will
assume that it is a conventional one which outputs the
standard consumer line level.

If you connect a conventional consumer preamp output
to any of the Vincent line-level inputs, the chance of any
damage is quite remote (or even non-existant). All of
the inputs on the Vincent unit appear to be conventional
consumer line-level.
Posted to rec.audio.tech
gunnet

you did not identify the other preamp, we will
assume that it is a conventional one which outputs the
standard consumer line level.

it's a Palladium preamp, naturally solid state, a very very very cheap, it's
made by LOTTIE or LOTTE, it should be german. It doesn't sound good.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Laurence Payne

On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 22:43:32 +0100, "gunnet" wrote:

it's a Palladium preamp, naturally solid state, a very very very cheap, it's
made by LOTTIE or LOTTE, it should be german. It doesn't sound good.

Bin it then. Next question?

Posted to rec.audio.tech
gunnet

Bin it then. Next question?

:-)

It's all because I have power amplifier, a DB Technologies MT530, and the
green lights indicating the presence of signal at -20db don't switch on
unless you want became deaf.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mark D. Zacharias

"gunnet" wrote in message

Bin it then. Next question?

:-)

It's all because I have power amplifier, a DB Technologies MT530, and the
green lights indicating the presence of signal at -20db don't switch on
unless you want became deaf.

The presence of another preamp won't change the point where the LED's
trigger on the amp. Most amps would have a sensitivity switch for the
metering.

Mark Z.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Laurence Payne

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 13:13:09 +0100, "gunnet" wrote:

It's all because I have power amplifier, a DB Technologies MT530, and the
green lights indicating the presence of signal at -20db don't switch on
unless you want became deaf.

So what does that have to do with which preamp is feeding it? A
certain input signal level will make this light come on. Does it
matter if the light comes on or not?