Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] randyrieger@gmail.com is offline

Default Looking for a new head unit.

Ok. I am looking to upgrade my sound system in my car, and the most
important would be my head unit.

Now I know there are lots of options available, but not many I can find
will tailor to my needs.

I guess I'll start by describing what kind of setup I would like.

I am looking for a deck that is dvd capable, and includes a monitor.
The monitor does not have to be big at all, 3.5" is sufficent. But the
feature I desire that makes it hard is USB. So basically I am looking
for a deck that plays dvds, has a monitor built it (size not a factor),
and has USB capabilties.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] cplkittle@yahoo.com is offline

I don't know if there are any on the market yet. The only thing I can
think of that might suit your needs is the Pioneer AVIC-Z1. the MSRP
is over $2000, but it will do everything minus the USB. However, it
has a built in 30 Gig hard drive for your music library. It works like
a big MP3 player with touch screen and voice activated controlls. I
don't have an hour and a half to list all of the features.. google it
and see for yourself.

Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] randyrieger@gmail.com is offline

I decided I'm gonna rig up a car pc. Might cost a bit more, and take
time, but I think it will be worth it in the long run.