Default IS the US Manufacturing Vacuum Tubes Again? Urban Legend or...

Somewhere (on the net) I stumbled across a website stating something
like this:

That, due to the demand (although limited) there was indeed a US
Manufacturer, that has begun Manufacturing (in a small area of their
production facility) some of the more popular tubes on an "as
needed" limited basis. (batch production)

This manufacturer (of course I do not remember the company's name) was
one of the original tube manufacturers, (possibly RCA, Zenith, etc) and
that they were testing the market (very prudent).

Now, this story has all of the markings of an urban legend,

BUT, if it is indeed true, then that is a major plus for tube
aficionados.

Yes?

If anyone has any information about such a company, I would sure like
to know more of the details, and possibly a url.

Thanks,

Marko

Gilbert Bates

[...]

I believe Aspen Pitman of Groove Tubes is reproducing a GE 6L6 on a
limited basis?

- - : R A T B o y : - -

A supplier in San Antonio has the 300B's in their website catalog:

http://www.gcaudio.com/cgi-bin/store...uct.cgi?id=188