Posted to rec.audio.pro
jtougas jtougas is offline

Default Peavey ProBass 1000 question

Hi folks -

Anybody got a schematic for one of these, and wouldn't mind looking up
one factoid for me?

The pre & post gain pots for these things: 100k?

It's been a while since I plugged mine in, but I last time I did
either the Pre or Post Gain knob dropped out altogether at about
2.5-3, as I turned it down. After the knob reaches that position, the
whole unit goes silent (my inclination is to say "short!", but I'm not
an engineer). I cracked it open, and both pots are stamped 100k, but
the Pre Gain pot is obviously a replacement.

Other'n that, I seem to remember it sounded pretty good, if you like
the Peavey bass sound...

Thanks -

--
jtougas

"listen- there's a hell of a good universe next door
let's go" - e.e. cummings
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ulrich Ulrich is offline

jtougas wrote:
Hi folks -

Anybody got a schematic for one of these, and wouldn't mind looking up
one factoid for me?

The pre & post gain pots for these things: 100k?

It's been a while since I plugged mine in, but I last time I did
either the Pre or Post Gain knob dropped out altogether at about
2.5-3, as I turned it down. After the knob reaches that position, the
whole unit goes silent (my inclination is to say "short!", but I'm not
an engineer). I cracked it open, and both pots are stamped 100k, but
the Pre Gain pot is obviously a replacement.

Other'n that, I seem to remember it sounded pretty good, if you like
the Peavey bass sound...

http://peavey.com/search.cfm?c=5&term=probass+1000

But that's just the user manual. They do say they have schematics on
offer, for $2.50.

I can't say what was in it when it left the factory, but here's what's
inside my Peavey ProBass 1000:

Pre-Gain, Aux in, peak indicator, and headphone level are all marked
71190500 HS

Post gain is marked T "circle with vertical line through it' 10K8619

I can't find the 100k stamp you mention.

--
Ulrich
Castor and Pollux, from cops preserve me and all encounters involving