Jeff

Default UAD plug-ins for other sound cards?

Hi All,

Just wondering...is it possible to use the UAD plug-ins to support
other sound cards? If yes can I do multi-card support?

Thanks!

GS

Hi Jeff,
the absolute 'Dream Team' is the combination of an UAD-1 and a
Soundscape Mixtreme. The mixer application of the Mixtreme allows to use
VST plug-ins in a channel strip. I have measured a total latency from
input to output (mixtreme TDIF in - SSmixer - UAD-1 - SSmixer - TDIF
out of less than 2.8 msec. This allows me to use this combination as an
insert in my digital mixer.
I'm really considering an upgrade from the Mixtreme to the new
MADIXTREME from Soundscape which allows me to use 64 channels, 32 busses
and 64 I/O streams with a MADI interface.

br
GerhardS

Jeff wrote:
Hi All,

Just wondering...is it possible to use the UAD plug-ins to support
other sound cards? If yes can I do multi-card support?

Thanks!

EricK

Jeff wrote:
Hi All,

Just wondering...is it possible to use the UAD plug-ins to support
other sound cards? If yes can I do multi-card support?

Not exactly sure what the question is here. Are you referencing the
UAD-1 card? If so, it's not a "sound card". It a processor card that
handles the processing of the UAD plugins. It really doesn't have
anything to do with your soundcard, per se.

If you are wondering whether you can use more than 1 UAD-1 card in a
system, the answer is yes. I believe you can use up to 4.

--
Eric

Practice Your Mixing Skills
www.Raw-Tracks.com