U. Cortez

Default (No Dry) Delay

Hello. I'm looking for a hardware delay box that can output a delayed
signal *without the dry input*. In other words, I'm not looking for a
delay effect, just a delayed signal. I need something with variable
delay control, but don't need any delays that are extremely long (1sec
should be sufficient as a max).

I found the Behringer Shark DSP110 which has "feedback destroyer and
programmable delay." However, it doesn't seem to have a control for the
wet/dry mix... so does anyone know if this will do what I need?

Any responses (the sooner the better) would be incredibly helpful.
Thanks!

-U.

Eric K. Weber

If you just want delay.... get one for a PA system speaker time
alignment.....
http://www.sabine.com/newsite/sda102.html is an example, there are many
other choices....

Rgds:
Eric

"U. Cortez" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello. I'm looking for a hardware delay box that can output a delayed
signal *without the dry input*. In other words, I'm not looking for a
delay effect, just a delayed signal. I need something with variable
delay control, but don't need any delays that are extremely long (1sec
should be sufficient as a max).

I found the Behringer Shark DSP110 which has "feedback destroyer and
programmable delay." However, it doesn't seem to have a control for the
wet/dry mix... so does anyone know if this will do what I need?

Any responses (the sooner the better) would be incredibly helpful.
Thanks!

-U.

Scott Dorsey

U. Cortez wrote:
Hello. I'm looking for a hardware delay box that can output a delayed
signal *without the dry input*. In other words, I'm not looking for a
delay effect, just a delayed signal. I need something with variable
delay control, but don't need any delays that are extremely long (1sec
should be sufficient as a max).

All delay lines I have ever used are like this.

I found the Behringer Shark DSP110 which has "feedback destroyer and
programmable delay." However, it doesn't seem to have a control for the
wet/dry mix... so does anyone know if this will do what I need?

It almost certainly does. It is intended for PA system applications,
and delay for fill speakers is very common there.

Peavey Architectural Acoustics and Rane both made simple delay boxes for
delayed speaker clusters.
U. Cortez

Eric, thanks for the reply...

That seemed like the DSP110's purpose -- to delay a signal for PA
speakers of different distances. Regardless, I won't be using this on
a PA system (just FYI). I'll actually be recording it. However, I
don't need top-of-the-line quality sound, as I'm just recording voice.
I just need the controllable delay at a reasonable price. Most of the
devices for PA alignment seem to be several hundred dollars. The
DSP110 however is about $80. If it does the delay that I want (do you
think it will?) it should be sufficient. Price is a factor here. I
know that you get what you pay for, but price is a significant factor
here. And like I said before, I don't need flawless audio quality,
just something passable.

Thanks again.

-U.

Scott Dorsey

U. Cortez wrote:

That seemed like the DSP110's purpose -- to delay a signal for PA
speakers of different distances. Regardless, I won't be using this on
a PA system (just FYI). I'll actually be recording it. However, I
don't need top-of-the-line quality sound, as I'm just recording voice.
I just need the controllable delay at a reasonable price. Most of the
devices for PA alignment seem to be several hundred dollars. The
DSP110 however is about $80. If it does the delay that I want (do you
think it will?) it should be sufficient. Price is a factor here. I
know that you get what you pay for, but price is a significant factor
here. And like I said before, I don't need flawless audio quality,
just something passable.

Most of the digital recorders already have some adjustable delay built
into them. The DA-38 will delay a given track by quite a long way,
which can be very handy for dealing with spot and ambient microphones
located a long distance away from one another.

And of course with analogue recorders you have sel-sync, which is not
very controllable but still surprisingly flexible. (And I have used
it for delay of stage mikes before, too, though it limits your placement
options).