John

Default Humming noise when capturing from digital cable box

Hello all... I am having a problem capturing audio from a digital
cable box. I ran a 50ft left and right audio composite cable from the
back (out) of the box to a 1/8 stereo audio adapter which hooks up in
the line in of my computer.

There is always a humming sound (sometimes throbbing) like when you
take one of those 1/8 stereo jacks and put it up to metal and listen
to the speaker noise. Audio is coming though ok though.

Please assist!
Thank You,
John
Michael Drolet

You need to isolate the chassis of the Cable Box from the shield of
the incoming cable. Look he

http://www.jensen-transformers.com/datashts/vrd1ff.pdf

http://www.jensen-transformers.com/

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 15:57:15 GMT, John
wrote:

Hello all... I am having a problem capturing audio from a digital
cable box. I ran a 50ft left and right audio composite cable from the
back (out) of the box to a 1/8 stereo audio adapter which hooks up in
the line in of my computer.

There is always a humming sound (sometimes throbbing) like when you
take one of those 1/8 stereo jacks and put it up to metal and listen
to the speaker noise. Audio is coming though ok though.

Please assist!
Thank You,
John

Dithering Digital Audio Karl Uppiano High End Audio 12 December 30th 03 04:12 AM
Digital Audio Cable Question(s) Hugh Cowan High End Audio 11 October 8th 03 07:15 PM
humming noise sound problem. CJT Tech 0 September 7th 03 03:21 AM
hearing loss info Andy Weaks Car Audio 17 August 10th 03 08:32 AM
Noise - alternator, shrieking, etc with Delphi XM satellite system news.adelphia.net Car Audio 0 July 8th 03 07:07 AM