Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul Dorman Paul Dorman is offline

Default Dachman Audio U87 Clone Kit

On 12/24/2020 8:13 AM, Ty Ford wrote:
You'd want to have a controlled test, where everything else is the
same: pre-amp, room, etc.

Would I trust anyone who claims they picked out the 1 clone,
and the 1 real? Definitely Not!

But with mics, you also need to consider the preamps. We were using Flite Three's API preamps. I use GML and Millennia Media and a Pre-production model of a pre designed by Jim Mikles. Expect the mics to sound different in other preamps.

See if you can guess which one is the
Real U87, WITHOUT LOOKING AT THE
ANSWER IN THE DESCRIPTION!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HbjYaBV0Fc

Again, I'd bet very, very few could pick out 1 real
out of 4 clones!

Good amps to clone Bret L Vacuum Tubes 0 April 25th 10 12:35 AM
WTB Waves Q-Clone License Haolemon Pro Audio 1 September 16th 07 08:26 AM
The clone marching on [email protected] Audio Opinions 5 August 23rd 07 05:23 AM
Clone Ensemble dispute [email protected] Pro Audio 0 August 23rd 05 03:13 AM
N72 1272 clone Studio Froombosch Pro Audio 0 March 31st 04 01:52 PM