Posted to rec.audio.marketplace,rec.audio.opinion
JBorg, Jr. JBorg, Jr. is offline

Default Buying audio munitions in lean times

I'm thinking about plunking down the plastic on this fine looking
baby below to help carry me through these ardous pace... just so
to take off the edge.

http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=TIMUSY

It is to be place in the main bedroom in the new house I move
into about 3-4 mos. ago. I have no other source of music and radio
in that area. Has anyone heard some things 'bout this sensuous
looking, all-in-one baby boombox? The locals don't have
display sample so I'm just speculating on the sound. They say
that I can always return it, but usually, I prefer to ship products
back only if broken. I heard other Tivolis and I like it.

I have the similar product from Cambridge SoundWorks, but
that racy thing above looks much promising.

Incidentally, I'm also looking to improve the sound off a 50" plasma
tv using separates such as a 3-way system, nothing fancy though.
Well it's time to dive into the AV and know more...

Long live audiophiles!

Posted to rec.audio.marketplace,rec.audio.opinion
eric eric is offline

I'm thinking about plunking down the plastic on this fine looking
baby below to help carry me through these ardous pace... just so
to take off the edge.

This seems hugely overpriced to me. A pair of NHT M-00 and a Squeezebox
would be much nicer assuming you have a computer and broadband in the
house.

Posted to rec.audio.marketplace,rec.audio.opinion
Diane S Diane S is offline

eric wrote

I'm thinking about plunking down the plastic on this fine looking
baby below to help carry me through these ardous pace... just so
to take off the edge.

This seems hugely overpriced to me.

Quiet agree. I don't expect a lifelike musical reproduction but if the
fitting was done right, I'll wear it.

A pair of NHT M-00 and a Squeezebox
would be much nicer assuming you have a computer and broadband in the
house.

Thanks for the thought. Yeah, I'll be subscribing to Comcast broadband soon.
They have triple special goin on right now, and I've already subscribe to
their hi-def. I'll explore the option further. Thanks Eric.

Posted to rec.audio.marketplace,rec.audio.opinion
Diane S Diane S is offline

That's me...the OP.

I'm using someone else computer right now.
I'm still in process of changing and moving....

Thanks again.

Posted to rec.audio.marketplace,rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"JBorg, Jr." wrote in message

I'm thinking about plunking down the plastic on this
fine looking baby below to help carry me through these
ardous pace... just so to take off the edge.

http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=TIMUSY

Somebody say overpriced?

The only thing to makes it look good might be the comparable Bose offering.

It is to be place in the main bedroom in the new house I
move into about 3-4 mos. ago. I have no other source of music
and radio in that area. Has anyone heard some things
'bout this sensuous looking, all-in-one baby boombox?

Why all-in-one? Forget how to plug cables? Never knew how?

Incidentally, I'm also looking to improve the sound off a
50" plasma tv using separates such as a 3-way system,
nothing fancy though. Well it's time to dive into the AV
and know more...

No computer anywhere near?

Posted to rec.audio.marketplace,rec.audio.opinion

On Mar 5, 6:30 am, "Arny Krueger" wrote:

Somebody say overpriced?

The voices in your head?

Why all-in-one? Forget how to plug cables? Never knew how?

That must be it, Arns.

Good call.

You really are insane.

Posted to rec.audio.marketplace,rec.audio.opinion
avidlistener avidlistener is offline

On Mar 3, 12:52 pm, "JBorg, Jr." wrote:
[...]

Just don't buy it through AA, they are very overpriced IMo. Try
searching through Bizrate or something similar.

Posted to rec.audio.marketplace,rec.audio.opinion
dizzy dizzy is offline

avidlistener wrote:

On Mar 3, 12:52 pm, "JBorg, Jr." wrote:
I'm thinking about plunking down the plastic on this fine looking
baby below to help carry me through these ardous pace... just so
to take off the edge.

http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=TIMUSY

It is to be place in the main bedroom in the new house I move
into about 3-4 mos. ago. I have no other source of music and radio
in that area. Has anyone heard some things 'bout this sensuous
looking, all-in-one baby boombox? The locals don't have
display sample so I'm just speculating on the sound. They say
that I can always return it, but usually, I prefer to ship products
back only if broken. I heard other Tivolis and I like it.

Just don't buy it through AA, they are very overpriced IMo.

But it's got a built-in 5-inch "subwoofer"! (Laff)

Seriously, here's what I bought for my daughter's bedroom. It cost
only about $150 at Best Buy, and, in addition to a CD player, it's got
an Ipod dock and slots for flash-memory sticks, from which it will
play MP3 or WMA. The speakers are actually made from a wood-like
product, and I was surprised that, after invoking some of the built-in
equalization, it didn't sound too bad!

http://www.myisymphony.com/products_m1.htm