ludovic mirabel

Default moderating rec.audio.low-end style

Here goes one-out of many- example of the rec.audio.low-end moderating
objectivity, Fidel Castro style.

An invocation extolling unvalidated, unconfirmed by basic research
"testing"goes in as a clinching argument .

Ah, but try and question it!: "We do not allow discussion of ABX"

We only allow it in to end discussions, right?

Ludovic Mirabel

Message 24 in thread

From: Richard )
Subject: Stereophile again!

Newsgroups: rec.audio.high-end
Date: 2005-01-25 17:00:04 PST

.... "The simple answer to all this is to incorporate ABX testing ESPECIALLY
on controversial tweaks. Of course if printing facts were what it is about
then it would be happening already."

Richard

elmir who?

"ludovic mirabel" elmir2m @pacificcoast.net writes:

Here goes one-out of many- example of the rec.audio.low-end moderating
objectivity, Fidel Castro style.

I can't seem to find a newsgroup with that name. Please point it out
to me.

An invocation extolling unvalidated, unconfirmed by basic research
"testing"goes in as a clinching argument .

Ah, but try and question it!: "We do not allow discussion of ABX"

I don't believe that's a quote of what the moderators actually said.
There is ABX discussion on the group from time to time, although not
much lately.

From: Richard )

Newsgroups: rec.audio.high-end
Date: 2005-01-25 17:00:04 PST

... "The simple answer to all this is to incorporate ABX testing ESPECIALLY
on controversial tweaks. Of course if printing facts were what it is about
then it would be happening already."

Richard

I believe that is a very samll part of the actual post and not the
focus of it at all.

Can you say "sour grapes"?

Can you also say "who cares"?

From: Richard )

Newsgroups: rec.audio.high-end
Date: 2005-01-25 17:00:04 PST

... "The simple answer to all this is to incorporate ABX testing
ESPECIALLY on controversial tweaks. Of course if printing facts were
what it is about then it would be happening already."

Richard

Though I don't recall the specifics, but if Bath in fact nominated and
assigned himself to the moderating role for that hilarious group, he
should
maintain his dignity by doing the honorable thing of unburdening himself
from that responsibility.

He should atone his misdeeds and voluntarily relieve himself from that
post. .

ludovic mirabel

"Richard" says:

From: David E. Bath )
Subject: All DBT or Subjective/Objective threads are ended

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.audio.high-end
Date: 2004-07-28 16:35:20 PST

Due to the limited time the moderators now have to process posts, all
DBT or objective/subjective threads are ended. This is effective as
of the Date of this post, and is likely to stay in effect at least
until the moderation team has grown.

Please see the request for moderators post for an explanation why our
time is limited.

And please don't bother to plead "but I didn't get to respond...", it
will fall on deaf ears.

-.- David Bath (rec.audio.high-end moderation team)
---------------------------------------------------------------------Please,
do explain what did the moderator "actually" say to your unique brain
cortex.. We need a clever, scholastic exegesis .
He says also::
" I believe that is a very samll part of the actual post and not the
focus of it at all.

I suppose that was why "actually" you put your "ABX" sentence as
the final one-two blow at the very end of your mesage..
Ludovic Mirabel

In article ,

From: Richard )

Newsgroups: rec.audio.high-end
Date: 2005-01-25 17:00:04 PST

... "The simple answer to all this is to incorporate ABX testing ESPECIALLY
on controversial tweaks. Of course if printing facts were what it is about
then it would be happening already."

Richard

Though I don't recall the specifics, but if Bath in fact nominated and
assigned himself to the moderating role for that hilarious group, he
should maintain his dignity by doing the honorable thing and unburden
himself from that responsibility.

He should atone his misdeeds and voluntarily relieve himself from that
post. .

---

I just ran into an information appearing that it may have been in fact a
voluntary post. I must say though that I've never seen anyone put out
such a wild and wacky show daily filled with sober-minded, gut-busting
clan undulatingly muttering incoherent roar.

JBorg

George M. Middius wrote
JBorg said:

Though I don't recall the specifics, but if Bath in fact nominated and
assigned himself to the moderating role for that hilarious group, he
should maintain his dignity by doing the honorable thing and unburden
himself from that responsibility.

Did you just say RAHE is hilarious? I'm afraid that opinion is quite at
odds with Official 'Borgma. Brother Horace the Uneducated has told us that
"getting your stuff published" on RAHE is the pinnacle of the audio
journalist's oeuvre. Time and again, Clerkie has used my and others'
shortfall in this estimable "achievement" as evidence to show we're
unworthy. And now you tell us, in direct contradiction of a prime tenet of
Ferstlerianism, that RAHE is "hilarious"? I don't know what to think. I
hope this revelation doesn't drive Clerkie to a desperate act.

Daily I come to my desk and watch the show. At 10 pm, I peel a banana
and slices it to pieces. I throw the peelings away and place bits and pieces
on my screen.

Ol'e for Fersler, his playmates want more bananas!

Ludo is a clown

"ludovic mirabel" elmir2m @pacificcoast.net writes:
"Richard" says:
I don't believe that's a quote of what the moderators actually said.
There is ABX discussion on the group from time to time, although not
much lately.

I'm not Richard, so guess again Luddy.

From: David E. Bath )

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.audio.high-end
Date: 2004-07-28 16:35:20 PST

Due to the limited time the moderators now have to process posts, all
DBT or objective/subjective threads are ended. This is effective as
of the Date of this post, and is likely to stay in effect at least
until the moderation team has grown.

Please see the request for moderators post for an explanation why our
time is limited.

And please don't bother to plead "but I didn't get to respond...", it
will fall on deaf ears.

-.- David Bath (rec.audio.high-end moderation team)
---------------------------------------------------------------------Please,
do explain what did the moderator "actually" say to your unique brain
cortex.. We need a clever, scholastic exegesis .

And what does "likely to stay in effect" mean? IT certainly doesn't
mean a permanent ban, unlike the permanent ban on you.

He says also::
" I believe that is a very samll part of the actual post and not the
focus of it at all.

I suppose that was why "actually" you put your "ABX" sentence as
the final one-two blow at the very end of your mesage..

Huh? This is an English language group, please use it here.

Ludovic Mirabel

elmir who? wrote in message ...
In article ,
"ludovic mirabel" elmir2m @pacificcoast.net writes:

Here goes one-out of many- example of the rec.audio.low-end moderating
objectivity, Fidel Castro style.

I can't seem to find a newsgroup with that name. Please point it out
to me.

An invocation extolling unvalidated, unconfirmed by basic research
"testing"goes in as a clinching argument .

Ah, but try and question it!: "We do not allow discussion of ABX"

I don't believe that's a quote of what the moderators actually said.
There is ABX discussion on the group from time to time, although not
much lately.

We only allow it in to end discussions, right?

Ludovic Mirabel

Message 24 in thread

ludovic mirabel

Dear non-Richard. You raise so many fascinating points that with my limited
English I hardly know where to begin.( how can I, a non-native speaker,
compete with your unrivalled mastery of the RAO prose?)
For instance Ludo is a clown. Was it meant as an endearment,
insult, uninvited familiarity or all three? Till you explain I shall not
know how you'd want me to address you?..
Thank you for so lucidly explaining that a ban is not a ban
when it is not "permanent" Shall we call it a "non-permanent ban"? Please
explain and inform: does " non-permanent" mean something that you lift when
a "Richard" says something you like and clamp on again when someone wants to
answer him?
Now about "audio. low-end". You're right - no group so titled
exists. But there is a group that was started long, long ago as a high-end
group and that is now in the grip of second-raters, without an original,
creative thought in their heads and without any interest in getting
life-like instrumental sound, aided and abetted by Mr. Bath, the moderator..
Their check-mate slogan is the one "Richard" put at the end of his message:
"Prove it by ABXing". And their main purpose is to shoot down anything
outstanding because they either can not or do not care to hear the
difference,
And ,no, I was not banned. Neither temporarily nor
"permanently. I quit like many others, regretting that a true high-end forum
ceased to exist
My use of "Low-end" was what they call " a figure of
speech". In my native language it is known as "sarcasm". I think the word
exists in English as well. Look it up in your Public Library
reference/dictionary section.
Regards Ludovic Mirabel
_______________________________________
I'll try and put this chaotic exchange into a sequence that can be followed:
This is how it started:
"Richard in RAHE:
" ... "The simple answer to all this is to incorporate ABX testing
ESPECIALLY on controversial tweaks. Of course if printing facts were what it
is about then it would be happening already."
I commented:
"Here goes one-out of many- example of the rec.audio.low-end moderating
objectivity, Fidel Castro style
An invocation extolling unvalidated, unconfirmed by basic research
"testing"goes in as a clinching argument .
Ah, but try and question it!: "We do not allow discussion of ABX"
We only allow it in to end discussions, right?"
..
"Richard" then said:
I don't believe that's a quote of what the moderators actually said.
There is ABX discussion on the group from time to time, although not
much lately.

In answer I copied Bath's message in RAHE.:
__________________________

From: David E. Bath )

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.audio.high-end
Date: 2004-07-28 16:35:20 PST

Due to the limited time the moderators now have to process posts, all
DBT or objective/subjective threads are ended. This is effective as
of the Date of this post, and is likely to stay in effect at least
until the moderation team has grown.

Please see the request for moderators post for an explanation why our
time is limited.

And please don't bother to plead "but I didn't get to respond...", it
will fall on deaf ears.

-.- David Bath (rec.audio.high-end moderation team)

At this point newscu...etc steps in:
Ludo is a clown wrote in message ...
In article ,

I'm not Richard, so guess again Luddy.

Fascinating topic Mr Newscu. Are you his mouthpiece?
Newscu comments:
I can't seem to find a newsgroup with that name. Please point it out
to me.

comments on Bath;s message:
And what does "likely to stay in effect" mean? IT certainly doesn't mean
a permanent ban, unlike the permanent ban on you.

Further quote from Richard:
" I believe that is a very samll part of the actual post and not the
focus of it at all.

My comment
I suppose that was why "actually" you put your "ABX" sentence as
the final one-two blow at the very end of your mesage..

Newscu is indignant and unforgiving:
Huh? This is an English language group, please use it here.

Michael McKelvy

"ludovic mirabel" elmir2m @pacificcoast.net wrote in message
[...]

By that, can we assume that you mean they don't like to stray from what is
provable into what is wishful thinking?

Their check-mate slogan is the one "Richard" put at the end of his
message: "Prove it by ABXing". And their main purpose is to shoot down
anything outstanding because they either can not or do not care to hear
the difference,
And ,no, I was not banned.

Until there is a better way to prove subtle difference, ABX is what one
uses.

The BBC as I showed in another thread used DBT's extensively to update their
studio speakers. They did this because they know DBT's work.

Neither temporarily nor
"permanently. I quit like many others, regretting that a true high-end
forum ceased to exist
My use of "Low-end" was what they call " a figure of
speech". In my native language it is known as "sarcasm". I think the word
exists in English as well. Look it up in your Public Library
reference/dictionary section.
Regards Ludovic Mirabel

Sarcasm is what they use when talking about your obsession with teh fact
that ABX and DBT's in general are the standard for determining subtle
differences. It's the way it is because it works. One only need peruse
the pages of some of the subjectivist rags to see how wrong subjective
review processes can be, how much they can miss about how good or bad
something is until compared to an objective reference.

JBorg

ludovic mirabel writes:

Richard" says:

I don't believe that's a quote of what the moderators actually said.
There is ABX discussion on the group from time to time, although
not much lately.

I'm not Richard, so guess again Luddy.

No, you're not. You and elmir are clowns from that low-end
group.

Both of you are scintillating samples of damage goods who
decided to put on the show here in order to illustrate that reading
miscomprehensions(sic) are redeemable quality from that moderated
group.

JBorg

Michael McKelvy wrote:
ludovic mirabel"" wrote

[...]

Listen, Mother Fuc****, part of your problem is that your talking
about something that is somewhat not directly related to the
fuc** issue here.

Ludo has a severe case of logorrhea

"ludovic mirabel" elmir2m @pacificcoast.net writes:
Dear non-Richard. You raise so many fascinating points that with my limited
English I hardly know where to begin.( how can I, a non-native speaker,
compete with your unrivalled mastery of the RAO prose?)
For instance Ludo is a clown. Was it meant as an endearment,
insult, uninvited familiarity or all three? Till you explain I shall not
know how you'd want me to address you?..

I've changed it so that it is very clear to all. And all posts in this
subthread came from me.

Thank you for so lucidly explaining that a ban is not a ban
when it is not "permanent" Shall we call it a "non-permanent ban"? Please
explain and inform: does " non-permanent" mean something that you lift when
a "Richard" says something you like and clamp on again when someone wants to
answer him?

I quoted from Dr. Bath's post, what is so unclear about "likely to
stay in effect"? Is this another manifestation of your lack of English
ability again?

Now about "audio. low-end". You're right - no group so titled
exists. But there is a group that was started long, long ago as a high-end
group and that is now in the grip of second-raters, without an original,
creative thought in their heads and without any interest in getting
life-like instrumental sound, aided and abetted by Mr. Bath, the moderator..
Their check-mate slogan is the one "Richard" put at the end of his message:
"Prove it by ABXing". And their main purpose is to shoot down anything
outstanding because they either can not or do not care to hear the
difference,

Periods are used at the end of sentneces in English bud, not commas.
And there is a lot of discussion on high-end on RAHE all the time.
Just none of your logorrhea against ABX.

And ,no, I was not banned. Neither temporarily nor
"permanently. I quit like many others, regretting that a true high-end forum
ceased to exist

And a period is needed here, and no spaces before commas either. Quite
poor for a supposed English speaker.

Prove you can still post to RAHE by getting a post thru. Bet you
can't.

My use of "Low-end" was what they call " a figure of
speech". In my native language it is known as "sarcasm". I think the word
exists in English as well. Look it up in your Public Library
reference/dictionary section.

More unneeded spaces, what is you native language anyway?

_______________________________________
I'll try and put this chaotic exchange into a sequence that can be followed:
This is how it started:

Highly edited supposed quote snipped
ludovic mirabel

Mr. McKelvy says:
Until there is a better way to prove subtle difference, ABX is what one
uses.
The BBC as I showed in another thread used DBT's extensively to update
their studio speakers. They did this because they know DBT's work.

You quoted BBC before, when challenged to reference one single
published ABX test showing that an average listener group using it
recognised ANY differences between ANY audio components.
I read the BBC report. It concerns a group of BBC exxperts
listening double blinded to speakers to decide which one most of them liked
best. A perfectly legitimate procedure for anyone to use when deciding
his/her's likes and dislikes. No quarrel with that.
Note that: There was wide variability of
preferences between the individuals in that *expert* group. The purchasing
decisions were made by totting up the majority of votes.. Just as it would
happen in real life- only more so if one asks every Tom , Dick and Harry for
their opinions. Blinded or not blinded.
I have no idea what this has to do with the ABX method of
asking if X is like A or like B to *prove* differences.
I wonder when people will give up the simplistic idea that
it is possible to PROVE anything in the world of " I like - I like not". No
other walk of life is so plagued.
Ludovic Mirabel

"Michael McKelvy" wrote in message
nk.net...

[...]

ludovic mirabel

Thank you for your close reading, piocking up all my typos.
You'd qualify for a proof-reader providing that in addition you pass a
literacy test.
What all of that has to with the subject under discussion
will remain your secret.
Ludovic Mirabel
Ludo has a severe case of logorrhea wrote in message
[...]

Michael McKelvy

[...]

ABX is not aobut preference, it's about difference, and determing if any
exists. It is simply another form of DBT. It is used by different areas of
audip engneering, from home audio to hearing aids. The sole purpose for
it's creation was to prove that differences DO exist. The unfortuante truth
in many cases is that differences claimed, don't show up in the ears of
people making claims of difference.

If you cna't hear a difference, it seems clear that you can't reasonably
make a claim of "better," at least in terms of sound quality.

[...]

JBorg

ludovic mirabel wrote:
Mr. McKelvy says:

[...]

I apologize to you for making an insensitive response to McKelvy on
this thread, a regular contributor posting from southern CA.

M. McKelvy's ignorance is well known to everone. His ignorance about
the potentiality for growth and development in High-End audio industry
is particularly disturbing. His crudeness with regard to understanding
our innate and especial abiltiy to perceive and recognize distinctive
sound character among top-of-the-world audio gears reflect his narrow-
mindedness. So is his intolerance to accept that inherent ability. An
ability which help to lead us together. A gift that bring us together to
share that unrelenting compassion we have for music, and that small
opportunity to express our appreciation for the technology that bring
us closer even more.

M. McKelvy is intolerant. He is a doctrinaire with bigoted cause, a
crusader with unforbearing pang encumbering himself to bring forth
destruction to those sagaciously affirming a sound belief to personal
preferences. Along with A. Krueger, H. Fertler, and T. Nousaine, these
are symptomatic of their frigid rage to fulminate further technological
advancement in the High-End industry. A congregation of hatred that
assault those at the forefront laboring unrelentlessly to advance our
knowledge in the physics of sound. They are an assembly of polluted
thoughts readily ravishing those committed to fulfill our desire to
experience in our home the highest state in the art of musical
reproduction .

JBorg

... "The simple answer to all this is to incorporate ABX testing ESPECIALLY
on controversial tweaks. Of course if printing facts were what it is about
then it would be happening already."

I have, of course, just as everyone gaze through this divertingly inordinate
low-end moderated group on regular occasion. It's quite discomforting,
as always, to read the creeping fanaticism displayed by those who
regularly dwell in that quizzical bin. The example you noted above is one
among many instances leading me to believe that apples do indeed rot
from inside out. Those who empower themselves to cast decision among
the pure and putrefied reasoning owe it to acquaint themselves what is just,
and what is not. To those who do, redeem themselves.

A lightning volt delivered from the sky shall make it good, to those who won't

"ludovic mirabel" elmir2m @pacificcoast.net writes:
Thank you for your close reading, piocking up all my typos.
You'd qualify for a proof-reader providing that in addition you pass a
literacy test.
What all of that has to with the subject under discussion
will remain your secret.
Ludovic Mirabel

Just trying to understand what in the world you are trying to say in
all of your convoluted logorrhea.

No reply to my point about the quote from Dr. Bath's post? Must mean
you concede my point on the non-permanent ban.

Also, I still haven't seen you post to RAHE, so it also must be true
that you have been banned. Must really get under you skin since you
have the irresistible need to complain here about RAHE, but cannot
post there.

[...]

Michael McKelvy

"JBorg" wrote in message
ludovic mirabel wrote:
Mr. McKelvy says:

[...]

Apologize for your own deeds not mine.

M. McKelvy's ignorance is well known to everone. His ignorance about
the potentiality for growth and development in High-End audio industry
is particularly disturbing.

IOW right on target.

His crudeness with regard to understanding
our innate and especial abiltiy to perceive and recognize distinctive
sound character among top-of-the-world audio gears reflect his narrow-
mindedness.

Actually, it reflects reality.

I'm not intolerant to audio improvements, I'm intolerant to claims made that
have no proof.

An
ability which help to lead us together. A gift that bring us together to
share that unrelenting compassion we have for music, and that small
opportunity to express our appreciation for the technology that bring
us closer even more.

I think it would ber hard to find a person who loves high quality audio
repordcution more than I do.

M. McKelvy is intolerant. He is a doctrinaire with bigoted cause, a
crusader with unforbearing pang encumbering himself to bring forth
destruction to those sagaciously affirming a sound belief to personal
preferences. Along with A. Krueger, H. Fertler, and T. Nousaine, these
are symptomatic of their frigid rage to fulminate further technological
advancement in the High-End industry. A congregation of hatred that
assault those at the forefront laboring unrelentlessly to advance our
knowledge in the physics of sound. They are an assembly of polluted
thoughts readily ravishing those committed to fulfill our desire to
experience in our home the highest state in the art of musical
reproduction .

Thanks for admitting that we have it right and you guys can not prove that
you hear what you claim and that much of what you believe about audio is
more in the realm of mysticism.

Clyde Slick

"Michael McKelvy" wrote in message
k.net...

"JBorg" wrote in message
ludovic mirabel wrote:
Mr. McKelvy says:

[...]

You miss the point. We don't believe in any need for proof. Nor do we
believe
in mysticism. All we have are opinions. And all we need are opinions.
What other people hear or don't hear isn't all that relevant, whether proven
or not. It's whatever pleases us, for whatever reason, that matters.
It's about enjoying the music, in whatever flavor or lack of flavor we like.
This isn't science.

JBorg

Michael McKelvy"wrote:
JBorg wrote

I apologize to you for making an insensitive response to McKelvy on
this thread, a regular contributor posting from southern CA.

Apologize for your own deeds not mine.

I have.

M. McKelvy's ignorance is well known to everyone. His ignorance about
the potentiality for growth and development in High-End audio industry
is particularly disturbing.

IOW right on target.

You claim that HE gears of equal class all sounds alike,and that no one has
yet to prove any sonic differences among them. Do you believe then that
additional pursuit to achieve further sonic improvement will be unnecessary ?

His crudeness with regard to understanding
our innate and especial abiltiy to perceive and recognize distinctive
sound character among top-of-the-world audio gears reflect his narrow-
mindedness.

Actually, it reflects reality.

Your crudity and narrow-mindedness do not reflect the reality.

I'm not intolerant to audio improvements, I'm intolerant to claims made that
have no proof.

Why are you intolerant of audiophiles who claim to hear differences but
feel it unneccessary to offer you proof?

An ability which help to lead us together. A gift that bring us together
to share that unrelenting compassion we have for music, and that small
opportunity to express our appreciation for the technology that bring
us closer even more.

I think it would be hard to find a person who loves high quality audio
reproduction more than I do.

So you're enchanted with HE audio reproduction, yet you denigrate those
who admit to hearing distinctive sonic differences among HE gears.

Just as you do, why do you feel it necessary to be suspicious when other
audiophiles express their fascination among the distinctive sounds of
various gears ?

M. McKelvy is intolerant. He is a doctrinaire with bigoted cause, a
crusader with unforbearing pang encumbering himself to bring forth
destruction to those sagaciously affirming a sound belief to personal
preferences. Along with A. Krueger, H. Ferstler, and T. Nousaine, these
are symptomatic of their frigid rage to fulminate further technological
advancement in the High-End industry. A congregation of hatred that
assault those at the forefront laboring unrelentlessly to advance our
knowledge in the physics of sound. They are an assembly of polluted
thoughts readily ravishing those committed to fulfill our desire to
experience in our home the highest state in the art of musical
reproduction .

Thanks for admitting that we have it right and you guys can not prove that
you hear what you claim and that much of what you believe about audio is
more in the realm of mysticism.

What are some of these examples leading you to believe that distinctive
differences I hear is base on mystical beliefs ?

Arny Krueger

"Michael McKelvy" wrote in message
k.net

"JBorg" wrote in message

M. McKelvy's ignorance is well known to everone. His ignorance about
the potentiality for growth and development in High-End audio
industry is particularly disturbing.

IOW right on target.

Agreed that JBorg finds factual posting about high end audio to be
particularly disturbing.

His crudeness with regard to understanding
our innate and especial abiltiy to perceive and recognize
distinctive sound character among top-of-the-world audio gears
reflect his narrow- mindedness.

Actually, McKelvy is very refined in this regard. It is JBorg who pollutes
RAO with his crudeness.

Actually, it reflects reality.

I'm not intolerant to audio improvements, I'm intolerant to claims
made that have no proof.

Most of JBorg's lack any believable support.

An
ability which help to lead us together. A gift that bring us
together to share that unrelenting compassion we have for music, and
that small opportunity to express our appreciation for the
technology that bring us closer even more.

JBorg seems to think that he has the exclusive right to enjoy and love
music.

I think it would be hard to find a person who loves high quality
audio reprodcution more than I do.

JBorg will never get that because of his narrow, self-centered viewpoint.

M. McKelvy is intolerant.

He's just a sophisticated consumer who doesn't believe everything he reads
in Stereophile, and ragazines like it.

He is a doctrinaire with bigoted cause,

Pretty good description of a troll who posts here anonymously using the
handle JBorg.

a crusader with unforbearing pang encumbering himself to bring forth
destruction to those sagaciously affirming a sound belief to personal
preferences.

The inclusion of the wort sagaciously is particularly ironic. Sagacity means
having discernment, sound judgement, farsightedness and wisdom. This word
does describe people who are not sucked in by the many false claims of the
dark side of the high end audio establishment. It's doesn't fit a born
sucker like JBorg who has bit on just about every piece of snake-oil soaked
bait that has been held in front of him.

Along with A. Krueger, H. Fertler, and T. Nousaine,
these are symptomatic of their frigid rage to fulminate further
technological advancement in the High-End industry.

The word fulminate relates to an explosion. It is true that if the snake oil
claims of the dark side of high end audio were properly dealt with and done
away with as Nousiane, Ferstler and others suggest, there would be an
explosion of further technological advancement in the High-End industry.
Somehow I don't think that JBorg meant to say this, but that is the meaning
of his words here.

A congregation
of hatred that assault those at the forefront laboring
unrelentlessly to advance our knowledge in the physics of sound.

Actually, I've seen no evidence of any knowlege of the physics of sound on
the part of JBorg. He's apparently too enthralled with the latest in
snake-oil power cords to spend much time studying acoustics.

They are an assembly of polluted thoughts readily ravishing those
committed to fulfill our desire to experience in our home the
highest state in the art of musical reproduction .

Ignores the fact that many of us are using the rational scientific approach
to obtain higher states of musical reproduction. JBorg oooh and ahhs over
high end power cords, and Nousaine builds a SOTA subwoofer. Who is the fool?

Thanks for admitting that we have it right and you guys can not prove
that you hear what you claim and that much of what you believe about
audio is more in the realm of mysticism.

Please remind me of any post that suggests that JBorg knows an ohm from a
volt, or a SPL from a IM.

From: Richard )

Newsgroups: rec.audio.high-end
Date: 2005-01-25 17:00:04 PST

... "The simple answer to all this is to incorporate ABX testing ESPECIALLY
on controversial tweaks. Of course if printing facts were what it is about
then it would be happening already."

Richard

I had another look again today at that particular group we have in question.
There are perhaps at least a total of no less than 20 posting posted for
Monday. Perhaps more were submitted at the beginning prior to that day
but it seem only those posted met the requirement as specified in their
guidelines.

Among these posting that were posted today was a man asking for
suggestion about wires for his projection machine. In other post, another
man is wondering whether he should return back into using his old amp
as it seem to keep the rest of his system quiet again. Still in another,
a new poster is seeking advice for appropriate receiver to be paired
with his surround system. There's a small conversation I noted concerning
the forthcoming HE2005 Show.

I did not see any discussion mentioning ABX or DBT. I did not see any
suspicious discussion pertaining to these methodologies as of this
writing.

JBorg

Arny Krueger" wrote
Michael McKelvy" wrote
JBorg" wrote

[...]

That has been my on-line persona. Full-fledged, veteran Rao'ers are aware
of my off-line identity. In your case, you're too demented to need to know.

[...]

You know I'm just going to pretend that I didn't read any of your reply above.

Arny Krueger

"JBorg" wrote in message

Arny Krueger" wrote
Michael McKelvy" wrote
JBorg" wrote

[...]

Thanks Borglet for admitting that my comments hit you so hard that you are
speechless.

dave weil

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 10:11:14 -0500, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

Thanks Borglet for admitting that my comments hit you so hard that you are
speechless.

More posturing.

That debate is going to be a slam-dunk for Mr. Atkinson, unless you
can organize your thoughts better and keep from relying on the cheap
taunt. I don't see that as very likely, considering your telephone
demeanor.
Michael McKelvy

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

"Michael McKelvy" wrote in message
k.net...

"JBorg" wrote in message
ludovic mirabel wrote:
Mr. McKelvy says:

[...]

That much is obvious.

Nor do we
believe
in mysticism.

If you believe that people can hear differences from things like Shakti
stones, then you do believe in mysticism.

All we have are opinions. And all we need are opinions.
What other people hear or don't hear isn't all that relevant, whether
proven
or not. It's whatever pleases us, for whatever reason, that matters.

Who has said otherwise. Listen how you choose, to what you choose.
If you make a claim of sonic difference due to something like Shakti Stones
or some other device for which there is no possibility of an effect, you
shouldn't be surpised or alarmed when people comment on the absurdity of it.

It's about enjoying the music, in whatever flavor or lack of flavor we
like.
This isn't science.

Not the way some of the people here do it, that's for sure.

Lionel

wrote:

Thanks Borglet for admitting that my comments hit you so hard that you are
speechless.

More posturing.

That debate is going to be a slam-dunk for Mr. Atkinson, unless you
can organize your thoughts better and keep from relying on the cheap
taunt. I don't see that as very likely, considering your telephone
demeanor.

*GAG ALERT !!!!!*

Dave and his pertinent, intelligent, arguments.... :-)

Here, he is comparing a prepared meeting with an importune,
impromptu phone call with a drunk interlocutor.

Considering the quality of your above argumentation Dave, I
think it's better that you let Arnold Krueger debate alone.

At his place, I wouldn't be a cent on you.
MINe 109

Paul Dormer wrote:

"George M. Middius" emitted :

That debate is going to be a slam-dunk for Mr. Atkinson, unless you
can organize your thoughts better and keep from relying on the cheap
taunt. I don't see that as very likely, considering your telephone
demeanor.

You don't think "Bull****! Bull****! Bull****!" will score points for
Krooger? ;-)

Does anybody know if Tommy "Hold 'em at gunpoint" Nousaine will be
holding Arnold's hand and/or patting him on the head during the
showdown?

No, they'll conceal a radio communication system in Arny's hearing-aid,
like Bush at the debates.

Stephen
Michael McKelvy

"JBorg" wrote in message

Michael McKelvy"wrote:
JBorg wrote

I apologize to you for making an insensitive response to McKelvy on
this thread, a regular contributor posting from southern CA.

Apologize for your own deeds not mine.

I have.

M. McKelvy's ignorance is well known to everyone. His ignorance about
the potentiality for growth and development in High-End audio industry
is particularly disturbing.

IOW right on target.

You claim that HE gears of equal class all sounds alike,and that no one
has
yet to prove any sonic differences among them.

Your paraphrasing is wrong. I and others have stated that gear that
performs within certain parameters of FR and distortion sounds alike.

Do you believe then that
additional pursuit to achieve further sonic improvement will be
unnecessary ?

Depends on what you're talking about. Certainly, it is easy enough to find
CD players, amps and preamps that sound alike. Ditto for wires. When it
comes to speakers, there are plenty of significant differences that make
experimentation worthwhile.

His crudeness with regard to understanding
our innate and especial abiltiy to perceive and recognize distinctive
sound character among top-of-the-world audio gears reflect his narrow-
mindedness.

Actually, it reflects reality.

Your crudity and narrow-mindedness do not reflect the reality.

I'm not intolerant to audio improvements, I'm intolerant to claims made
that have no proof.

Why are you intolerant of audiophiles who claim to hear differences but
feel it unneccessary to offer you proof?

I'm not intolerant of them, I simply think they ought to try and be wiser in
their choices. Since it's about sound quality, one should simply
concentrate on what can or can not affect it. You are obviously free to
choose what you want for whatever reason you want. The fact still remains
that there are things that people that do not actually have any effect.
Since there are other people who lurk here without taking an active part in
these discussions, I think it's important that they be able to get straight
information. Those who argue so strenuously that XYZ product did so and so
to the sound of their system ought to be able to have the facts available to
them as well, even if they choose not to care. It seems pretty silly to be
offended by truth, especially since in the end, you don't have to act on it
if you choose.

An ability which help to lead us together. A gift that bring us
together to share that unrelenting compassion we have for music, and
that small
opportunity to express our appreciation for the technology that bring
us closer even more.

I think it would be hard to find a person who loves high quality audio
reproduction more than I do.

So you're enchanted with HE audio reproduction, yet you denigrate those
who admit to hearing distinctive sonic differences among HE gears.

I'm enchanted with good reproduction and I have always sought to optimize my
listen pleasure in any way possible. Key word possible.

Just as you do, why do you feel it necessary to be suspicious when other
audiophiles express their fascination among the distinctive sounds of
various gears ?

Because many of the claims that are made about such sounds are known to be
impossible.

[...]

Um, they're called DBT's.

Arny Krueger

"JBorg" wrote in message

What are some of these examples leading you to believe that
distinctive differences I hear is base on mystical beliefs ?

(1) Some of the cause-and-effect relationships happen only in the Twilight
Zone

(2) Numerous ludicrous, not to mention offensive claims about the validity
of the results of DBTs.

Clyde Slick

"Michael McKelvy" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

Thanks for admitting that we have it right and you guys can not prove
that you hear what you claim and that much of what you believe about
audio is more in the realm of mysticism.

You miss the point. We don't believe in any need for proof.

That much is obvious.

Nor do we
believe
in mysticism.

If you believe that people can hear differences from things like Shakti
stones, then you do believe in mysticism.

I don't know whether any particular people can hear differences with Shakti
Stones.
I don't know whetner any particular people do hear differences with Shakti
Stones.
All I care about is whether I hear any differences with Shakti Stones, and
if so,
are the differences worth the money, and if so, can I afford them.
Three questions. If any one of the three answers is no, then I am not
interested.
Now, as to question 1) I don't know whether I would hear a difference. I
never
used Shakti Stones. Question 2) I assume that whatever differences I might
possibly
find, they are not worth the exhorbitant cost of the Shakti's, that I could
get better results for less money investing in better equipment. Question 3)
I probably
could afford them, but there are scads of other things
I would prefer to spend that money on.

All we have are opinions. And all we need are opinions.
What other people hear or don't hear isn't all that relevant, whether
proven
or not. It's whatever pleases us, for whatever reason, that matters.

Who has said otherwise. Listen how you choose, to what you choose.
If you make a claim of sonic difference due to something like Shakti
Stones or some other device for which there is no possibility of an
effect, you shouldn't be surpised or alarmed when people comment on the
absurdity of it.

That's fine, I don't care about you questioning Shakti Stones, ITs the
insistence on your scienctific methodology as applied to consumer audio
purchases.

It's about enjoying the music, in whatever flavor or lack of flavor we
like.
This isn't science.

Not the way some of the people here do it, that's for sure.

Clyde Slick

"Lionel" wrote in message
dave weil a écrit :

That debate is going to be a slam-dunk for Mr. Atkinson, unless you
can organize your thoughts better and keep from relying on the cheap
taunt. I don't see that as very likely, considering your telephone
demeanor.

*GAG ALERT !!!!!*

Dave and his pertinent, intelligent, arguments.... :-)

Here, he is comparing a prepared meeting with an importune, impromptu
phone call with a drunk interlocutor.

Good question!
Will Arny show up sober?

Arny Krueger

wrote:

Thanks Borglet for admitting that my comments hit you so hard that
you are speechless.

More posturing.

Is there any other way to discuss anything with Borglet?

That debate is going to be a slam-dunk for Mr. Atkinson, unless you
can organize your thoughts better and keep from relying on the cheap
taunt. I don't see that as very likely, considering your telephone
demeanor.

*GAG ALERT !!!!!*

Indeed, if irony killed.

Dave and his pertinent, intelligent, arguments.... :-)

Remember that Weil has a long and impressive track record related to
technical analysis and technical writing, His magnificent intellectual
successes include dropping out of college, operating a 50 caliber machine
gun clipped to the the top of an APC while presumably a forced guest of
Uncle Sam in Germany, and waiting on tables in a bar that is so bad that he
won't publicly identify it.

Here, he is comparing a prepared meeting with an importune,
impromptu phone call with a drunk interlocutor.

You forgot the part where the drunk interlocutor already had a lengthy
track record of making morally rephensible posts on RAO related to the
untimely and natural death of my son. Then there's the drunk interlocoutor's
panning for sympathy with a lie about his daughter dying of cancer. The same
person also made pornographic claims related to my wife, complete with
purported photographs of my wife including one a woman executing fellatio in
public. Dave can't possibly relate to my situation since he has no children
that he is willing to accept responsibility for in public, and of course
there's no wife he's willing to admit to.

Furthermore it is arguable that Dave empathises positively with Devil's
false claims related to my son's tragic death because of the unfortunate
circumstances related to the death of Dave's dad. Note that I'd know nothing
of this personal tragedy except that Dave posted the gory details including
I believe make and model of gun, on RAO on a certain Christmas day,
presumably to cheer us all up or more likely to panhandle for pity. Weird or
what?

Considering the quality of your above argumentation Dave, I
think it's better that you let Arnold Krueger debate alone.

Lionel, you've missed some incredible instances where Weil wet himself here.
For instance, his arguing opinion against fact about Revox open reel tape
recorders and their market position in the US during the late 1960s and
early 1970s. It finally developed that Dave had some experience with selling
Revox cassette tape recorders to Gi's in Europe about 10 years later. He was
basing his opinons on that. Note that in Weil world, the major market
changes, differences and changes in dollar/mark exchange rates were
meaningless.

Then there was Dave's lengthy and illogical argument against my opinion that
hard drive-based music jukeboxes were a superior alternative to CD changers.
Note his backward-looking arguments put Dave in the odd position of
essentially arguing that the Apple iPod could never suceed.

No, there are many reasons why Dave is likely to tell just about any lie
that pops into his head to harass me. Most of the reasons are his own fault.

dave weil

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 18:57:28 -0500, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

Remember that Weil has a long and impressive track record related to
technical analysis and technical writing.

Why, thank you Arnold.

dave weil

wrote:

operating a 50 caliber machine
gun clipped to the the top of an APC while presumably a forced guest of
Uncle Sam in Germany

Obviously, Arnold doesn't know that the draft ended in 1972.
dave weil

wrote:

Furthermore it is arguable that Dave empathises positively with Devil's
false claims related to my son's tragic death because of the unfortunate
circumstances related to the death of Dave's dad. Note that I'd know nothing
of this personal tragedy except that Dave posted the gory details including
I believe make and model of gun, on RAO on a certain Christmas day,
presumably to cheer us all up or more likely to panhandle for pity. Weird or
what?

Yes, this is weird that Arnold can post about the death of his son and
it's OK but I can post about the death of my dad and it's "panhandling
for pity" (and using an irrelevant holiday as some sort of bizarre
"debating trade"point).

But it's again clear that Arnold has no compunction about bringing
*others'* tragedies up to make some sort of "point". Also, the Devil
wouldn't know the gory details of *his* son's unfortunate passing if
*he* hadn't brought it to RAO's attention a couple of days after the
death.

Finally, the first point is only "arguable" if one is disgusting.

Clyde Slick wrote:
"Michael McKelvy" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

Thanks for admitting that we have it right and you guys can not

prove
that you hear what you claim and that much of what you believe

about
audio is more in the realm of mysticism.

You miss the point. We don't believe in any need for proof.

That much is obvious.

Nor do we
believe
in mysticism.

If you believe that people can hear differences from things like

Shakti
stones, then you do believe in mysticism.

I don't know whether any particular people can hear differences with

Shakti
Stones.

Yes you do, you just don't admit it. It's impossible.

All I care about is whether I hear any differences with Shakti

Stones, and
if so,
are the differences worth the money, and if so, can I afford them.

You're saying you don't care if it's possible for them to have an
effect.

Three questions. If any one of the three answers is no, then I am not

interested.
Now, as to question 1) I don't know whether I would hear a

difference. I
never
used Shakti Stones. Question 2) I assume that whatever differences I

might
possibly
find, they are not worth the exhorbitant cost of the Shakti's, that I

could
get better results for less money investing in better equipment.

Why would you be reluctant to know if it's possible for them to do what
they claim?
To me that's a more important question than being able to affor them.
I can afford a copper bracelet which is allegedly supposed to benefit
people with arthritis, but I won't buy one because I know they don't
have any effect.

Question 3)
I probably
could afford them, but there are scads of other things
I would prefer to spend that money on.

Save your money it is impossible for ehm to work as advertised.

[...]

But I don't insist on it and never have. I only suggest that people
claiming differences from things that aren'tlikely to have them or from
things like Shakti Stones, which do not have any effect, think about
finding out if there is a real effect or an imagined one. Perfectly
reasonable, in light of how many things have been shown to be snake
oil.

It's about enjoying the music, in whatever flavor or lack of

flavor we
like.
This isn't science.

There's no real science to listening, but there is in how people can
think something causes an effect when it in fact can't.

I have never begrudged anybody buying whatever they want to listen ot
music. I do have issues about things like stones and clairifiers that
can not do what is claimed.

I've listened to enough amplifiers to know that some do indeed sound
different and tried to educate myself on why that might be. One thing
is certain and that's that price and appearance havenoting to do with
performance as is evidenced by pro amps, which typically costfar less
than consumer audio amps and most of which perform at least as well as
anything in the megabuck amp category.

People who want to spend 10,000 bucks for a CD player ought to be aware
of the fact that they could spend 1/10th of that and achieve the same
level of sound quality. That doesn't mean I have a problem with people
spending their money as they see fit, it just means that if it's sound
they are after, then can get it for less and buy better spakers or more
CD's.

Why should anyone be offended at the notion of spending less to get the
exact same sound quality?

Why should anyone not want to know that?

It seems there are basicly 2 kinds of audio systems. Those owned by
people who are obsessed with accurate reproduction and those who are
obsessed with endless tweaking to get a sound they have a preference
for. I'm in the first group and I have no desire to spend/waste time
trying to get anything different than what the artist and engineers who
made the record wanted to be heard.

You can do it your way if you choose. It's your money.

Arny Krueger

wrote in message
oups.com

There's no real science to listening,

....at least the way that Art (AKA Clyde Slick, Yustabe Slim, etc., etc.)
wants us all to listen.

but there is in how people can
think something causes an effect when it in fact can't.

Here's a heads up - Art believes that green pen lines on the periphery of a
CD change how they sound.

I have never begrudged anybody buying whatever they want to listen ot
music.

Really, neither do I. However, I have a problem with people who promote
ignornace as if it were special wisdom.

I do have issues about things like stones and clairifiers that
can not do what is claimed.

Art has probably written something nice about clarifiers, but I don't feel
like trying to search them out using all of the aliases he's used through
the years.

I've listened to enough amplifiers to know that some do indeed sound
different and tried to educate myself on why that might be. One thing
is certain and that's that price and appearance havenoting to do with
performance as is evidenced by pro amps, which typically costfar less
than consumer audio amps and most of which perform at least as well as
anything in the megabuck amp category.

Agreed. I'll match your Crown and raise you two QSCs.

People who want to spend 10,000 bucks for a CD player ought to be
aware of the fact that they could spend 1/10th of that and achieve
the same level of sound quality.

Art is a vinyl-and-tubes maven. That means that his CD player has some
thermionic distortion enhancers tacked on near their output terminals.

That doesn't mean I have a problem
with people spending their money as they see fit, it just means that
if it's sound they are after, then can get it for less and buy better
speakers or more CD's.

If you spend less money than Art sees fit, no way can what you buy be good
enough. At least that's what he's told me. If you want to understand Art's
tastes better, remember that he's among the few who has posted his salary
here.

Why should anyone be offended at the notion of spending less to get
the exact same sound quality?

It makes them feel foolish?

Why should anyone not want to know that?

It makes them feel foolish if they believe what you say?

It seems there are basicly 2 kinds of audio systems. Those owned by
people who are obsessed with accurate reproduction and those who are
obsessed with endless tweaking to get a sound they have a preference
for.

Two extremes of a continuum, to be sure.

I'm in the first group and I have no desire to spend/waste time
trying to get anything different than what the artist and engineers
who made the record wanted to be heard.

Another difference between Art and I is the fact that I mix for Sound
Reinforcment and do quite a bit of multitrack recording. Art has repeatedly
criticized me because I don't record the best musicans - mostly I work with
amateurs, even fairly rank amateurs. You see in Art's world its more
important to play a recording by a top artist than to play a recording where
you heard the corresponding live performance. Art says that he knows exactly
what a recording should sound like because he's heard similar groups play
someplace maybe.

You can do it your way if you choose. It's your money.

I'm under the impression that Art was/is a government employee. If he earned
his money as some kind of a manager or analyst, then arguably the taxpayers
got robbed.