PeterM

Default Need name of sharp looking tape recorder cops use.

I like to know the name or get a picture of one of those freaky looking tape
recorders that the cops use when they record an interview. The picture I
saw, had lots of dials . I used a Uher 4000 recorder in the military, and I
have still have one of them, but I still like to buy one of the other
recorders. I hope you guys can help me. I'm sure if I get a name, I'll find
more info on Google, or even find one to buy on
ebay......thanks.........Peter

The Only

You may mean Nagra. A famous high end portable recorder...

William Sommerwerck

Nagra?

Marc Wielage

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 16:54:42 -0800, PeterM wrote
(in message ):

I like to know the name or get a picture of one of those freaky looking tape
recorders that the cops use when they record an interview.
--------------------------------snip----------------------------------

The large briefcase-sized portable open reel deck you usually see is either a
Nagra III, Nagra IV, or Nagra 4.2. The former is from the 1970s; the latter
two are from the 1980s. They generally had retail prices in the $4000+ price
range (closer to $8000 for the stereo models during the late 1980s and early
1990s).

Police occasionally used very small miniaturized Nagras, like the "SN," which
used 1/8-inch cassette-type tape in an unusual open-reel format.

This page here on the web

http://www.nagrausa.com/Professional.htm

has photos of all these machines, along with detailed specs and other info.
You'll find Nagras still available from all film sound dealers in LA, NY, and
most other large cities. I also see them frequently for sale on eBay, and
there's a big turnover going on now as more and more location sound pros
switch over to on-location digital recording.

--MFW

C'est un Nagra...c'est Suisse, c'est tres precis

Robert Morein

On 11/25/03 21:49, in article ,
" wrote:

C'est un Nagra...c'est Suisse, c'est tres precis

C'est tres obsolete