Sandy

Default What happen to the TASCAM on-line forums???

Does anyone know if the TASCAM on-line forums will ever be active again?

As a new owner of the Tascam SX-1 and MX-2424, I found the Tascam on-line forums to be
an incredible source of technical information about these products, but now they're gone.
Sharing information between professional users greatly enhances the use of any product,
but killing a successful group of forums makes no sense from a customer service or
marketing point of view.

Frankly, I purchased these two Tascam products based on the fact that there was already
a wealth of technical product information archived at the Tacam on-line forum site and I
was just getting up to speed when the plug was pulled. Are you listening Tascam? This is
NOT the way to support your customers.

If the Tascam on-line forums are dead and gone, are any of you interested in starting up a
similar group of forums elsewhere?

Reagards, Sandy
S O'Neill

Sandy wrote:
[...]

They've been down for a while; some are suspecting bean counters.
Synchronicitously, I just got this from them (in response to an August
11 inquiry):

Dear Teac/Tascam Customer:

Due to shortages in manpower and the overwhelming volume of incoming
e-mail here at Teac/Tascam, our responses to your inquiries have been a
little behind. Please take a minute to assess your E-Mail; and if we
still have yet to resolve your questions or problems, please respond to
us here and we will do our best to help you. Please remember we are
still dealing with these backlogs, so if your need is immediate, please
call our operational /Tech support line at 323-727-7617; and speak with
one of our techs.

Additionally you may also find the answers to some of your questions
or problems, on one of our websites at: www.tascam.com,
www.tascamcontractor.com, www.mx2424.com, www.tascamdj.com, or
www.nemesysmusic.com. Our websites contains, for your convenience,
postings of Product manuals, compatibility documents, operational
instructions and installation documents, where many of your questions
pertaining to the operation of your equipment may be answered.

Thanks for contacting Teac/Tascam.

Teac/Tascam Operational Support