Wilbur

Default Goldblatt Twelve Monitor Speakers.

I've been offered a pair of these studio monitor speakers at a great
price of $2350/pair and I was wondering how goof they are.

The guy (Saul) told me a studio is going out of business.

I can't find anything on the net about them but Saul Goldblatt says
that's because they are professional speakers and pros don't talk
about them.

Anyhow, they have 4 15 inch woofers, 6 5inch midranges and 2 dome
tweeters and thes puppies are massive weighing in at 300lbs each,

I'm starting a recording studio and these seem like a great mate for
my Alesis RA-100 and Berhinger mixer.

Any thoughts?

Wilburr
Scott Dorsey

Wilbur wrote:

I can't find anything on the net about them but Saul Goldblatt says
that's because they are professional speakers and pros don't talk
about them.

Anyhow, they have 4 15 inch woofers, 6 5inch midranges and 2 dome
tweeters and thes puppies are massive weighing in at 300lbs each,

I don't know Saul. But I do know that anything with that many different
drivers in one cabinet is a recipe for phase cancellation issues.

I'm starting a recording studio and these seem like a great mate for
my Alesis RA-100 and Berhinger mixer.

I doubt they are THAT bad.

Peter Larsen

Wilbur wrote:

I've been offered a pair of these studio monitor speakers at a great
price of $2350/pair and I was wondering how goof they are.

They are ... goof that is.

The guy (Saul) told me a studio is going out of business.

Aha.

I can't find anything on the net about them but Saul Goldblatt says
that's because they are professional speakers and pros don't talk
about them.

Many pros do try to either say "it's ok" or to say nothing at all.

Anyhow, they have 4 15 inch woofers,

Aha.

6 5inch midranges

Fascinating concept, how are they arranged?

and 2 dome tweeters

I must try to disagree with Arny about something ... I think he would
like them .... (one needs to have followed another newsgroup to know
what this is about!)

and thes puppies are massive weighing in at 300lbs each,

Weight is about the only tech spec for a poweramp that is known to have
a linear correlation to its sound quality, assuming identical psu type.

I'm starting a recording studio and these seem like a great
mate for my Alesis RA-100 and Berhinger mixer.

No. Just no. If you want one suggestion, and if you have not seen any of
the threads about LS3/5 derivatives, clones and originals, and if you do
not want to check out whether the smallest KEF Cresta and a pair of good
subs will do, then please go listen to Tannoy Reveals. I can not recall
having seen anything negative posted about them. Dynaudio also has some
good small stuff.

Any thoughts?

I think I made my points very clear. Depending on what units that are in
the boxes you were offered they MAY be of interest for a tinkerer, but
you don't need a total of 8 15" bass units for a home studio, no matter
what and how, those boxes would be an inefficient way for you to use
your money. They may even be very good, lets allow them the benefit of
the doubt, but if they are and if the price is then fair, then they
would be a waste of resources for your currrent setup.

Wilburr

Oh, all of the above is opinion, not fact, and some of it is opinion
based on too few facts, such as saying that something is probably good
or bad without having heard it. Yes ... I could be wrong about some or
all of the above, read and apply on your very own discretion, a skilled
reader is assumed.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen