Peter Hanke

Default Goldwave can NOT handle VBR encoded *.mp3's ???? Lame-Encoder question

I wanted to increase the volume of a given VBR 163 resp. VBR 244 encoded mp3 file.
For that I loaded the mp3 into GoldWave 5.05. After having performed the
volume operation I saved the edited file and had to recognize that
the VBR encoding was replaced by a lower quality fixed 129 kbps mp3 file.

Why doesn't GoldWave detect the VBR encoding ?
Do I have to enable a certain option ?
I put the newest lame encoder DLL into the Goldwave directory. How do I
find out if Goldwave really use this lame encoder ?
Do I have to switch on explicitely an "use lame" option?

cu
Peter