Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Andrew Barss Andrew Barss is offline

Default Audio-Technica ATHA700 vs. ATH-PRO700 SV headphones

I'm considering buying one of these A_T models -- I have a pair of Grado
SR-60 headphones, and need another pair of phones, and thought I'd try a
closed-back set.

Does anyone have any comparative info or experience with either or both of
these headphones?

-- Andy Barss

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
GregS GregS is offline

In article , Andrew Barss wrote:

I'm considering buying one of these A_T models -- I have a pair of Grado
SR-60 headphones, and need another pair of phones, and thought I'd try a
closed-back set.

Does anyone have any comparative info or experience with either or both of
these headphones?

Well I have the ATH-AD700 and a SR-60. I have never seen a bad report on the
AT's. Fantastic price peformance ratio. They never tire your ears because they
don't touch your ears. Not sure about the PRO700's.

greg
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Andrew Barss" wrote in message

I'm considering buying one of these A_T models -- I have a pair of Grado
SR-60 headphones, and need another pair of phones, and thought I'd try a
closed-back set.

Does anyone have any comparative info or experience with either or both of
these headphones?

I had a pair of SR-60s once upon a time, but one channel got burnt out while
being used with a headphone amp that I've been using for years with other
phones with no problems.

I have a pair of ATH A700 (closed) and a pair of the corresponding ATH AD
700 open air headphones. My other headphones include Sennheiser HD-580, HD
280, and Sony 7506, as well as a number of IEMs.

I would say that I prefer the 580s the most, but being open air they are
pretty useless for live recording. For that purpose I use the ATH A700s.
They are far less colored than the 280s or 7506s.

I use the 580s and AD700s for mixing stuff I previously recorded at the
live site, and listening for pleasure.