bob wald

Default collector

Am i the only collector of fine car audio here???
ive got 7 new amps, 3pair 6x9s i'm counting the visonik 4way i havent
bought yet.but it will be mine,lol
2 pair 5.25. 2 cd players.
lots of amp kits.
HahahAHAHahaHa......envey me......
now remember it took me 10years to pick this up.so $1500 in extra stereo
stuff aint much when you make $20000 ayr or $200000 for 10yrs....

MZ

Am i the only collector of fine car audio here???
ive got 7 new amps, 3pair 6x9s i'm counting the visonik 4way i havent
bought yet.but it will be mine,lol
2 pair 5.25. 2 cd players.
lots of amp kits.
HahahAHAHahaHa......envey me......
now remember it took me 10years to pick this up.so $1500 in extra stereo
stuff aint much when you make $20000 ayr or $200000 for 10yrs....

Yeah, and when you live with your parents.

Be thankful that Bob hasn't reproduced...
Chad Wahls

"MZ" wrote in message
Am i the only collector of fine car audio here???
ive got 7 new amps, 3pair 6x9s i'm counting the visonik 4way i havent
bought yet.but it will be mine,lol
2 pair 5.25. 2 cd players.
lots of amp kits.
HahahAHAHahaHa......envey me......
now remember it took me 10years to pick this up.so $1500 in extra stereo
stuff aint much when you make $20000 ayr or $200000 for 10yrs....

Yeah, and when you live with your parents.

Be thankful that Bob hasn't reproduced...

You sure??????

Peep this! http://www.ebaumsworld.com/family.html

Chad

bob wald

oh...i forgot 4subs...2pioneers, 1jensen, 1boss.

robyncboyd

This thread should have been titled "Junk Collector, One Man's Junk Is
Another Man's Treasure"

--
robyncboyd
robyncboyd's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=25153

bob wald

look i'm trying to help you kids....once i was like you n had nothing n
knew nothing.
but now i have what you all dream about....
well i have so much cause i got out afew yrs...
and these profile amps i was running sounded good n never broke.

Bruce Chang

"bob wald" wrote in message
look i'm trying to help you kids....once i was like you n had nothing n
knew nothing.
but now i have what you all dream about....
well i have so much cause i got out afew yrs...
and these profile amps i was running sounded good n never broke.

I don't know about everyone else but I don't dream of having crappy
equipment, much less dream of how proud I am having said crappy equipment.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "i have so much cause i got out afew
yrs.." You mean out of prison? The insane asylum? The funny farm?

Jethro

bob wald Wrote:
look i'm trying to help you kids....once i was like you n had nothing n
knew nothing.
but now i have what you all dream about....
well i have so much cause i got out afew yrs...
and these profile amps i was running sounded good n never broke.

Yeah, that's a good one there, Bob. Teach us oh audio guru... share
your audio knowledge with us... show us the path to car audio nirvana!
[/heavy sarcasm]

If you're going to collect car audio equipment, you may as well put it
to use. Buy a 50 amp DC power supply and hook up a working system in
your shop or garage... there's no point in bragging about your
collection if it's just collecting dust... hook that crap up!

--
Jethro

old school SQ guy
Jethro's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=18662
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/sh...d.php?t=226957

bob wald

bruce i mean i bought alot 9 yrs ago but then moved on to other things
and just kept the stuff i had in a closet.Now i think i might go crazy
again in my car.with audio now.

Tony F

Just reply and add your name if you would prefer that Mr. Wald never again
shares his thoughts with us on rec.audio.car. I'll start it off:

Tony F.

Tony F

MZ wrote: "Be thankful that Bob hasn't reproduced..."

I think he has, Mark. I've already uncovered his affinity for teenaged
asian girls. I wonder if he specifically has a thing for Chinese girls?
Because mmdir2 hates the Chinese. Called them a "dirt sneaky race" if I
remember correctly. I suspect that mmdir2 is half Chinese, half Wald. His
extreme dislike of the Chinese has to do with his resentment of his own
mother for hooking up with a retard like Mr. Wald.

Well, it makes sense in my head...but it somehow loses potency between my
brain and my fingers. I'm tired.

Oh...and I just thought of a joke. Let's assume for one second that Bob is
popular with Chinese women. What do they call him?

The great Wald of China.

Okay...it's bed time!!!

Tony

--
2001 Nissan Maxima SE Anniversary Edition
Clarion DRZ9255 Head Unit, Phoenix Gold ZX475ti, ZX450 and Xenon X1200.1

2001 Chevy S10 ZR2
Pioneer DEH-P9600MP Head Unit, Phoenix Gold Ti500.4 Amp, Focal 165HC
Speakers & Image Dynamics ID8 D4 v.3 Sub

Tony F

Just reply and add your name if you would prefer that Mr. Wald never again
shares his thoughts with us on rec.audio.car. I'll start it off:

Oops. This was supposed to be a new post. Nevermind!

Tony

--
2001 Nissan Maxima SE Anniversary Edition
Clarion DRZ9255 Head Unit, Phoenix Gold ZX475ti, ZX450 and Xenon X1200.1
Amplifiers, Dynaudio System 360 Tri-Amped In Front and Focal 130HCs For Rear
Fill, Image Dynamics IDMAX10 D4 v.3 Sub

2001 Chevy S10 ZR2
Pioneer DEH-P9600MP Head Unit, Phoenix Gold Ti500.4 Amp, Focal 165HC
Speakers & Image Dynamics ID8 D4 v.3 Sub

bob wald

i know its tuff not to be jealous of my boss equipment.please try.....
my pioneer n jensen too.
cant we all get along?

bob wald

actually i'm not the tool.....no rf-jl-kicker-orion
here......hAHahAHa....never
ps kicker speakers are nice.

robyncboyd

bob wald Wrote:
i know its tuff not to be jealous of my boss equipment.please try.....
my pioneer n jensen too.
cant we all get along?

Bob, I know this isn't a newsflash for you but you sir are a ****ing
tool.

--
robyncboyd
robyncboyd's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=25153
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/sh...d.php?t=226957

Kirby

"bob wald" wrote in message
actually i'm not the tool.....no rf-jl-kicker-orion
here......hAHahAHa....never
ps kicker speakers are nice.

and I would like to quote once again from robyncboyd:
"Bob, I know this isn't a newsflash for you but you sir are a ****ing
tool."

bob wald

i gonna start callin yall stanley.lol
cause you aint nutin but a tool.lol
later stanley.......
rf,jl hAHAhAHAhAHahA

bob wald

you know everyday i come in here.hoping you all will say something
smart.everyday you let me down......ty

Branden Nelsen

Funny, I think the Feeling is 100% mutual on both sides....

"bob wald" wrote in message
you know everyday i come in here.hoping you all will say something
smart.everyday you let me down......ty

bob wald

well dont feel bad.you might say something smart oneday.since you say
you hope each day youll say something smart too.

Kirby

Almost everyday someone gives you the chance to be accepted... and yet again
you seem not want anyone to like you, now do us a favor and shut the hell
up.. please... If you shut up, I'll gladly accept the fact that boss is the
best brand outhere.. but I have a feeling neither will happen.

"bob wald" wrote in message
well dont feel bad.you might say something smart oneday.since you say
you hope each day youll say something smart too.

bob wald

ive come across a soundstorm and swiss audio amps..look nice......
also i am wrestling with buying a second clarion
eqs744 while i can get it at $85 shipped...
also any1 know precision audio?????

Jethro

bob wald Wrote:
ive come across a soundstorm and swiss audio amps..look nice......
also i am wrestling with buying a second clarion
eqs744 while i can get it at $85 shipped...
also any1 know precision audio?????

Wow Bob, you are falling deeper and deeper into the sewers of the car
audio world... Soundstorm? Are you serious? That's just one of those
cheezy companies that came out to trick the ignorant into thinking they
were buying Soundstream... kind of like Rockwood/Rockford.

$85 will go a long way toward some decent gear... or better yet, into
some educational reading material to help you make better buying
decisions, and to increase your knowledge of audio in general.

But, then I have to remember, nobody can be this stupid... can they? I
guess the other guys are probablly right... bob wald = troll...

--
Jethro

[(Vas/Vbox)+1]^.5 * Qts or Fs
Jethro's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=18662
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/sh...d.php?t=227282

bob wald

i know all that all ready....jethro
dohhhhh....but they can improve...
you make 800000 amps.you gota learn something....

bob wald

well scott you were good for something after all...i couldnt get in ebay
but tried yahoo shopping.found it for $55..WOW...
i emailed sd to price match it.i'm ordering another 1. YOU cant let this
go by!
no theyre not the best but really good i think....

Scott Gardner

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 10:21:28 -0500, (bob wald)
wrote:

well scott you were good for something after all...i couldnt get in ebay
but tried yahoo shopping.found it for $55..WOW...
i emailed sd to price match it.i'm ordering another 1. YOU cant let this
go by!
no theyre not the best but really good i think....

Whether they've any good or not, why on earth do you want TWO of them?
Is the second one going into another car, or are you going to keep it
as a spare? The same unit that goes for $55 today will either be $40
next year, or it will have been replaced by another model with more
features that you can get for the same $55 that this one is costing
you.

(Or do you have some "inside information" that tells you that
equalizers are about to get really expensive?)

Honestly, it looks like a pretty nice piece for $55. Clarion is a
reputable company, and I know a lot of people that would be willing to
spend $55 just to get the aux-input feature. The crossover frequency
isn't continously-variable, but at least the choices they give you are
60Hz and 90Hz, instead of the typical 90/120/150 Hz. I like to keep
my subs crossed over pretty low, so 60 Hz is pretty close to what I
would use anyway.

I don't think that you'll be able to "gap" the crossovers, though. If
you use 60 Hz as the low-pass crossover point for your subs, then the
high-pass point for your main speakers will be 60Hz as well, which
might be a little low for them.

I still don't think that a 7-band EQ is adequate for correcting *all*
of the frequency response issues in a typical car, but like MZ said,
it will be great for making minor adjustments "on-the-fly" to adjust
the sound for particular sources or songs. I still think the 7V line
driver is a marketing gimmick, though.

For $55, you're essentially getting a two-way/four-channel crossover
with a fader, PLUS a variable subwoofer output, an auxiliary input if
you want to add something like an MP3 player, and a 7-band equalizer.
You would get more features and flexibility if you bought separate
components or a higher-end combination unit, but for the price, I'm
sure you'll be happy with it.

--
Scott Gardner

"Tis an ill wind that blows no minds."

bob wald

scott..i am a professional...i bought 4 amps 3 yrs ago at 30% cheaper
shipping.....you see most everything goes up.....n the amps were cheaper
too.....
also those clarion eqs must be selling out that model...no more for
you. next yr..too bad.....

bob wald

i'm sure 6-7 people here are ordering this...thats why wanted to get my
order in before i start telling about it....
if its a nice eq now itll be nice in 2007.....

bob wald

first..800 000 amps..next if theyre total garbage no1 will buy
it.....soundstorm.....

Scott Gardner

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 11:59:24 -0500, (bob wald)
wrote:

scott..i am a professional...i bought 4 amps 3 yrs ago at 30% cheaper
shipping.....you see most everything goes up.....n the amps were cheaper
too.....
also those clarion eqs must be selling out that model...no more for
you. next yr..too bad.....

Bob, what colour is the sky in your world?? Here on planet Earth,
consumer electronics prices never go anywhere but *down* over the long
haul, even without adjusting for inflation. If you do adjust for
inflation, the prices are practically plummeting.

Look through old Usenet posts and see what the typical price-per-watt
for amplifiers was ten years ago.

Head units are the same way. Today, you have to try real hard to find
a CD player that sells for more than $375. (I'm not talking about DVD
players or nav systems, just CD players).

In the late 80's, you would have had a hard time finding a CD player
for LESS than $375, and with inflation, $375 in 1986 dollars is more
than $520 today.

So, whether or not you adjust for infaltion, even the most-expensive
units today are cheaper than the cheapest units twenty years ago.

And for amplifiers, if you've been around car audio as long as you
claim, surely you remember when $1/Watt was actually a *good* price.
Now, amplifiers have gotten so inexpensive that they're practically
commodity items.

And like I said in my other post, if Clarion is discontinuing the
EQS744, it's only because they're going to replace it with a better
unit at the same price point, so it still doesn't make any sense to
"stock up" now.

--
Scott Gardner

"Besides that, Mrs. Kennedy, how was your trip to Dallas?"

bob wald

some1 said why i want 2 clarion eqs...because new better stuff will come
out..i guess you saying any company that comes out with new things
theyre way better than past amps, eqs etc...1 comes to mind ppi art
series must suk compared to todays hifonics,rf etc.......

MZ

"bob wald" wrote in message
ive come across a soundstorm and swiss audio amps..look nice......
also i am wrestling with buying a second clarion
eqs744 while i can get it at $85 shipped...
also any1 know precision audio?????

And this is the type of person the state's disability checks go to?