Mullard

Default Photo of Lord Valve's Shop (aka "The Lord's Castle")

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-8/812123/LV.jpg

Any comments?
David Axt

"Mullard" wrote in message
om...
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-8/812123/LV.jpg

Any comments?

Was it ever a Taco Bell?

David

Scott McKnight

On 22 Aug 2004 11:33:22 -0700, (Mullard) wrote:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-8/812123/LV.jpg

Any comments?

Cool building. I wonder when it was built. Sometime pre 1950s I'd
say. What's the deal with the wavy green mountain range I wonder.
Left over from a previous business?

-Scott McKnight
Jon Yaeger

in article , Mullard at
wrote on 8/22/04 2:33 PM:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-8/812123/LV.jpg

Any comments?

What's your moative?

- Jon

Lord Valve

David Axt wrote:

"Mullard" wrote in message
om...
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-8/812123/LV.jpg

Any comments?

Was it ever a Taco Bell?

David

ROFLMBFAO!

Naw. It looks a lot better with the sun shining on it, though.
That appears to have been taken just after we had that
"century" rainstorm last week - two BILLION gallons of
water estimated to have poured on Denver alone - and
when the building gets wet, some of the painted-over
graffiti shows through for awhile. Time to re-spray, I
reckon. The good **** is on the inside, though. Robert
Braught's head tech was though here with his band last
week, and one of his bandmates took a pic of us goofing
around; you can see most of the burn-in amps in back
on the left-hand wall, as well as one of the 12-foot high
shelving units full of Weber, Jensen, and Eminence
speakers. Check it out:

http://www.braught.com/Images/LVgunTom.JPG

Lord Valve
Expert

Krzysiek Slychan

Looks abandoned...

--
Pozdrawiam,
Krzysiek Slychan

Sander deWaal

Lord Valve said:

.... and one of his bandmates took a pic of us goofing
around;

http://www.braught.com/Images/LVgunTom.JPG

You look exactly like I imagined.

Lord Valve
Methusalach

Howdy Pard'ner!

--
Sander deWaal
"SOA of a KT88? Sufficient."
Lord Valve

Krzysiek Slychan wrote:

Looks abandoned...

--
Pozdrawiam,
Krzysiek Slychan

Keeps the riff-raff out.

The folks who know what's inside have no problem with it. ;-)

LV

Lord Valve

Scott McKnight wrote:

On 22 Aug 2004 11:33:22 -0700, (Mullard) wrote:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-8/812123/LV.jpg

Any comments?

Cool building. I wonder when it was built. Sometime pre 1950s I'd
say.

Probably. It's pretty solid.

What's the deal with the wavy green mountain range I wonder.
Left over from a previous business?

Yeah.

The "wavy green mountain range" is copied from the (most common
type of) Colorado license plate. The previous tenant was Rarebird
Guitar Laboratories, although First Bass Denver used it for awhile
to store excess inventory (and hold jam sessions) in. That was
back before Guitar Center put three stores into the Denver metro
area, thus killing off nearly all of the mom'n'pop shops. I'm one
of the few small outfits left - chiefly because of my repair service
and my Internet sales.

Lord Valve
Entremanure (into all kindsa ****)

-Scott McKnight

Jon Yaeger

in article , Lord Valve at
wrote on 8/22/04 3:36 PM:

David Axt wrote:

"Mullard" wrote in message
om...
[...]

That guy with a beard . . . I know a Liberal when I spot one!

- J

Lord Valve

Jon Yaeger wrote:

in article , Mullard at
wrote on 8/22/04 2:33 PM:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-8/812123/LV.jpg

Any comments?

What's your moative?

- Jon

Just another stalker...

after all, an asshole as big as I am is bound to collect some
dingleberries now and then. AGA is full of 'em. ;-) If he
had the guts to walk through the door, he's on the security
camera tapes.

Lord Valve
Asshole

Jon Yaeger

in article , Lord Valve at
wrote on 8/22/04 4:52 PM:

Jon Yaeger wrote:

in article
, Mullard at
wrote on 8/22/04 2:33 PM:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-8/812123/LV.jpg

Any comments?

What's your moative?

- Jon

Just another stalker...

after all, an asshole as big as I am is bound to collect some
dingleberries now and then. AGA is full of 'em. ;-) If he
had the guts to walk through the door, he's on the security
camera tapes.

Lord Valve
Asshole

It was a pun . . .

Lord Valve

Jon Yaeger wrote:

in article , Lord Valve at
wrote on 8/22/04 4:52 PM:

Jon Yaeger wrote:

in article
, Mullard at
wrote on 8/22/04 2:33 PM:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-8/812123/LV.jpg

Any comments?

What's your moative?

- Jon

Just another stalker...

after all, an asshole as big as I am is bound to collect some
dingleberries now and then. AGA is full of 'em. ;-) If he
had the guts to walk through the door, he's on the security
camera tapes.

Lord Valve
Asshole

It was a pun . . .

Indeed, I see it was, given the thread title.

I'm so used to dealing with people who can't spell
(or for that matter, craft any sort of a pun or other
low humor which isn't personally derogatroy) I hardly
look for puns at all nowadays.

Lord Valve
Pun Crocker

DGDevin

"Lord Valve" wrote in message

Robert
Braught's head tech was though here with his band last
week, and one of his bandmates took a pic of us goofing
around; you can see most of the burn-in amps in back
on the left-hand wall, as well as one of the 12-foot high
shelving units full of Weber, Jensen, and Eminence
speakers. Check it out:

Mommy, why is Santa Claus popping out of a big carton like a Jack-in-the-box
and trying to shoot that man in the old Rolling Stones shirt?

Robert Casey

Mullard wrote:
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-8/812123/LV.jpg

Any comments?

Is that a bar or just a liquor shop next door?

Robert Casey

That guy with a beard . . . I know a Liberal when I spot one!

He must be in favor of gun control.

(Gun control is using both hands...) :-)

Duncan Munro

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 19:36:20 GMT, Lord Valve wrote:

Check it out:

http://www.braught.com/Images/LVgunTom.JPG

Hey, what happend to 'the hat'? ;-)

--
Duncan Munro
http://www.duncanamps.com/
Marc

It's a dump with a smelly slob inside ;-)

Robert Casey wrote:

Mullard wrote:
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-8/812123/LV.jpg

Any comments?

Is that a bar or just a liquor shop next door?

Marc

My GOD the swine is far disgusting than I'd imagined!!! Like Santa gone
armed crack whore! ;-)

Loud assValve wrote:

http://www.braught.com/Images/LVgunTom.JPG

Loud assValve
Asspurt

Marc

Ah, the season of honest truth approaches with an election ;-)

Lord Valve wrote:

My movements haven't been solid since mulay hit this NG.

Yeah.

The "wavy green snot hanger" is copied from the (most common
type of) Colorado license plate. The previous tenant was the KKK,
although a funeral director used it for awhile
to store excess inventory and ferment corpses. That was
back before the federal witness protection program put an imbecile like
me into the Denver metro
area, thus killing off nearly all of the intelligent mom'n'pop's. I'm
one
of the few evil small sacks left - chiefly because of my iron gates
and coon dogs.

Lord Valve
Entremanure (toungue up into all kindsa ****)

Marc

Lord Valve wrote:

Indeed, I see I was caught giving head by the security cams.

I'm so used to dealing with people who can run faster than I can slobber, I
hardly
have a chance to aim for buns at all nowadays.

Lord Valve
Bun Packer

Marc

LV's head maybe, but not the beard. Lice.

Krzysiek Slychan wrote:

Looks abandoned...

--
Pozdrawiam,
Krzysiek Slychan

RG

"Mullard" wrote in message
om...
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-8/812123/LV.jpg

Any comments?

Where are the Gargoyles? Thoust not live in a castle me'lord?

Best regards,

RG
www.guytronix.com

Sander deWaal

Lord Valve said:

after all, an asshole as big as I am is bound to collect some
dingleberries now and then. AGA is full of 'em. ;-) If he
had the guts to walk through the door, he's on the security
camera tapes.

I can't travel to the US, I look way too much like an Arab.

Lord Valve
Asshole

I bet you lisp, too.

--
Sander deWaal
"SOA of a KT88? Sufficient."
Sander deWaal

Robert Casey said:

That guy with a beard . . . I know a Liberal when I spot one!

He must be in favor of gun control.

(Gun control is using both hands...) :-)

They all think they have the right to arm bears.

--
Sander deWaal
"SOA of a KT88? Sufficient."
Marc

castle? No, no, no, sorta rhymes though, it's asshole ;-)

His toenails 'n unit are the Gargoyles. He hasn't seen either since
infancy.

It's a crime all those buried under the building couldn't say the same
before he squeezed a couple of hot rounds off into 'em.

Then he probably shot 'em ;-)

Ack ack ack.

RG wrote:

"Mullard" wrote in message
om...
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-8/812123/LV.jpg

Any comments?

Where are the Gargoyles? Thoust not live in a castle me'lord?

Best regards,

RG
www.guytronix.com

David Axt

What's the deal with the wavy green mountain range I wonder.
Left over from a previous business?

Yeah.

The "wavy green mountain range" is copied from the (most common
type of) Colorado license plate. Entremanure (into all kindsa ****)

LV, I'm surprised that the green mountain range sign does not say "NATIVE"
on it.

To explain to anyone that has not lived in Colorado......Back in the early
80's, so many people moved to Denver and Colorado that the locals got upset
and started putting bumper stickers on their cars. These bumper stickers
were similar to the license plates with the green mountain range and the
work "native" on them. Supposedly they were designed to distinguish the
local yokels from the newbies. I moved away, but I think the American
Indians said something like, "Native? Excuse me? We are the REAL natives
here! You white folk are just long term visitors."

I no longer live in Colorado, so I wonder if those bumper stickers are still
around.

Here in Seattle we had something similar happen during our boom in the early
1990's. I would see bumperstickers that said, "Non-Californian".

This just proves my theory that you got to hate someone.

David

D.R.

"Mullard" wrote in message
om...
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-8/812123/LV.jpg

Any comments?

I would've thought it would've been painted with the stars and stripes "tubes
for victory" motif-thingamee-bob. Or at least with a bucket of white paint. I
like the n-bs idea though. ;-)

Robert Casey

Here in Seattle we had something similar happen during our boom in the early
1990's. I would see bumperstickers that said, "Non-Californian".

There was a time in Oregon that "Don't Californicate Oregon"
stickers were popular....

Lord Valve

DGDevin wrote:

"Lord Valve" wrote in message

Robert
Braught's head tech was though here with his band last
week, and one of his bandmates took a pic of us goofing
around; you can see most of the burn-in amps in back
on the left-hand wall, as well as one of the 12-foot high
shelving units full of Weber, Jensen, and Eminence
speakers. Check it out:

Mommy, why is Santa Claus popping out of a big carton like a Jack-in-the-box
and trying to shoot that man in the old Rolling Stones shirt?

'Cuz he was stealin' a *really* ****ty speaker.

SHAME on his ass!

LV

Lord Valve

wrote:

Scott McKnight wrote:

[...]

The *worst* thing you can possibly have in a shop fulla tube amps is neon.

See if you can figure out why.

Lord Valve
Expert

Lord Valve

Robert Casey wrote:

Mullard wrote:
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-8/812123/LV.jpg

Any comments?

Is that a bar or just a liquor shop next door?

Liquor store.

Bar's across the street. Karate dojo next door on
the other side.

LV

Lord Valve

Duncan Munro wrote:

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 19:36:20 GMT, Lord Valve wrote:

Check it out:

http://www.braught.com/Images/LVgunTom.JPG

Hey, what happend to 'the hat'? ;-)

I don't wear it when I have a summer shave on.

Time to start growin' it back, though - it'll be cold
here in three weeks or so.

LV

Lord Valve

RG wrote:

"Mullard" wrote in message
om...
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-8/812123/LV.jpg

Any comments?

Where are the Gargoyles?

Out back, barkin' at the winos.

Thoust not live in a castle me'lord?

'Tis a Tube Fortress. ;-)

Best regards,

RG
www.guytronix.com

Lord Valve

Sander deWaal wrote:

Lord Valve said:

after all, an asshole as big as I am is bound to collect some
dingleberries now and then. AGA is full of 'em. ;-) If he
had the guts to walk through the door, he's on the security
camera tapes.

I can't travel to the US, I look way too much like an Arab.

Excellent. Stay wherever it is you are - we don't need any more of 'em.

Lord Valve
Asshole

I bet you lisp, too.

You'd lose, but then - I'm the one with the gun. ;-)

Lord Valve
American

Robert Casey

Needs neon.

The *worst* thing you can possibly have in a shop fulla tube amps is neon.

See if you can figure out why.

"BZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

ptaylor

Robert Casey wrote:

Here in Seattle we had something similar happen during our boom in the
early
1990's. I would see bumperstickers that said, "Non-Californian".

There was a time in Oregon that "Don't Californicate Oregon"
stickers were popular....

Yea,too bad they didn't work.. (It's pretty Californicated in places
in/around Portland..right down to chip-fabs,and Intel/Tek/Xerox sites
all over..)
Now if we could just get the Oregonians to *drive* a bit more like
Californians (but not too crazy!) we might be onto something.. ;-)
Todd

Say what you will
THAT joint is a welcome sight to me.
I don't know how many times I've needed
some dumbass little $2 part at 8 o'clock at
night, and guess who is open and has it in
stock?

FAT WILLIE!!!
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
I appreciate his being there.