Posted to rec.audio.tubes
GerryE123

Default Woodward-Schumacher Transformers?

Hi:

I have a nice little Pilot model 610 tube receiver. The RETMA code engraved
into the transformer covers is 606. This is the code for
Woodward-Schumacher of Chicago. Does it make sense that they made
transformers for Pilot? The date part of the code indicates 1963. Thanks.

Gerry

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Jerry

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 08:25:51 -0500, "GerryE123"
wrote:

Hi:

I have a nice little Pilot model 610 tube receiver. The RETMA code engraved
into the transformer covers is 606. This is the code for
Woodward-Schumacher of Chicago. Does it make sense that they made
transformers for Pilot? The date part of the code indicates 1963. Thanks.

Gerry

Schumacher Electric Co. did make the transformers for Pilot Co. They
are still in existance in Mt. Prospect, Illinois ala Chicago area.

Their website is www.schumacherElectric.com

Gerald Stombaugh--Arizona sales rep. for Schumacher.
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Bret Ludwig

Schumacher's primary product was (maybe still is) battery chargers for
Sears Roebuck and under their own name to retailers at large. Some make
great DC supplies with the addition of a regulator and filter. I have
converted many $2 garage sale Schumacher/DieHard/Craftsman garage sale
chargers for this purpose.

They are also primary supplier of power and output transformers to
Fender Musical Insstrument Co. and have done a few things for McIntosh
Laboratory as well. The quality is OK for utility grade products but
they are no Peerless or Jensen.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
GerryE123

wrote:

Hi:

I have a nice little Pilot model 610 tube receiver. The RETMA code
engraved
into the transformer covers is 606. This is the code for
Woodward-Schumacher of Chicago. Does it make sense that they made
transformers for Pilot? The date part of the code indicates 1963.
Thanks.

Gerry

Schumacher Electric Co. did make the transformers for Pilot Co. They
are still in existance in Mt. Prospect, Illinois ala Chicago area.

Their website is www.schumacherElectric.com

Gerald Stombaugh--Arizona sales rep. for Schumacher.

Talk about an authoritative source! Thanks Jerry.

Gerry