Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Matt

Default frequency-specific hearing loss

Hey guys. I'm writing with a bit of a concern about my hearing of
sound coming from my monitors. It could be out of phase because of
room reflections, but I've also tried listening on me headphones, and
very subtly the high mid/treble frequencies are more present in my
left ear than my right. Is this just temporary hearing loss or,
coincidently, are my headphones and monitors slightly off? (These are
nowhere near pro-headphones and the monitors are really old, so its
not at all an impossibility). How long/what volume does it take to
cause temporary/permanent frequency-specific hearing loss?
Thanks.--MAtt