Posted to rec.audio.pro
jeffontheleft jeffontheleft is offline

Default Should I buy a Focusrite Platinum TwinTrak Pro on the super-cheap??

I've found one of these in my local Craigslist for $200 in the
commonly alleged "used twice" condition. I can't find enough info
online about it, so I thought maybe someone on this board would have a
thing or two to say. At that price its probably worth buying just for
the $200 profit I could make flipping it on eBay, but still I'm
curious to know the board's general opinion. Anyone heard these
pre's? How's the noise floor? Does it fill a worthwhile niche in
anyone's studio?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

On Mar 25, 4:51 pm, "jeffontheleft" wrote:
I've found one of these in my local Craigslist for $200
At that price its probably worth buying just for
the $200 profit I could make flipping it on eBay

Got $200? Buy it and try it out. It may actually only be worth $200,
but it seems like the new going price is $600, so either it's been
only used twice, but underwater or to prop up a large speaker cabinet,
it's stolen, or it's a real bargain.

At that price, it's not worth worrying about the details to decide to
buy it or not. You'll find out soon enough if you get it.