Posted to rec.audio.pro
Richard Webb[_3_] Richard Webb[_3_] is offline

Default Bad sound at the Oscars?

On Mon 2012-Feb-27 19:43, Roy W. Rising writes:
snip.

I heard the problem in Washington, DC. Various friends reported the same
in Charlotte, SW Florida, NYC, and Cincinnati. The thought at one point
was that it was East Coast distribution, which would indicate that they
were sending out the stems and downmixing at ABC NYC, but that is pure
speculation.

I thought it might be an automatic feedback chaser being run on the
edge of disaster.

I usually don't bother to pay attention to such things, the
only way you could get me to is to pay me for audio work
g.

I've mixed that show, and other awards marathons. The folks in the
truck are not at their best by the time it all begins. However,
the problems we heard were unacceptable and inexcusable.
Nonetheless, nobody ever gets fired. Most just get invited back
for another chance to mess thing up.

True, because one can always point the blame elsewhere, hard to know unless you were there, and listening to the feed in
the truck, or at the various points along the distribution
chain. OF course the guys in the truck don't have to do
foh, but it still makes for an awful long day I'm sure, even before it's actually curtain.

Regards,
Richard
--
| Remove .my.foot for email
| via Waldo's Place USA Fidonet-Internet Gateway Site

Bad sound at the Oscars? Mxsmanic Pro Audio 14 March 6th 12 12:47 PM
Hey Oscars are here! saqib.mj Pro Audio 0 March 10th 09 03:45 PM
Oscars sync? Chris Hornbeck Pro Audio 17 March 3rd 08 01:58 AM
Sting at the Oscars John Neiberger Pro Audio 34 March 10th 04 06:54 AM
Q: Auto-Tune and The Oscars, etc. Revisited MikeTEACHR Pro Audio 1 March 8th 04 03:44 PM