Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] drummerboy@houston.rr.com is offline

Default loose d6 capsule

hi,

new here, but i think im in the right place. i was going through my
equipment today and noticed that my audix d6 has a loose capsule. ive
had it 3 years with no problem and it still works perfectly. but that
loose noise after shaking it surprised me since it looks like its
built tough. and its never even been dropped ever. no more than a foot
atleast. fell off a riser long ass time ago.

well heres what i want to do. i dont want to get rid of it, because me
and that mic have a crap full of gigs that we've been through, and ill
be sad if i have to move on and buy another one. im serious. theres
something about a drummer/sound man and "his(me)" mics.

without touching the capsule, is there a screw i can tighten
somewhere. i only see one on the outside but have never touched it.

thanks,
jason

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

On Mar 26, 2:38 am, wrote:

new here, but i think im in the right place. i was going through my
equipment today and noticed that my audix d6 has a loose capsule.

without touching the capsule, is there a screw i can tighten
somewhere. i only see one on the outside but have never touched it.

No, but you might be able to take off the grill and glue something
back into place. But why not just return it to Audix for repair? I'm
sure the cost will be reasonable and it will come back as good as new.
If you don't know where to send it, go to the Audix web site and
you'll almost surely find a contact link to either repair service or
customer service.

Sending a piece of audio equipment back to the manufacturer for repair
isn't like taking your car to the original dealer for an oil change.