Peter Klein

Default newbie q: subwoofer help please

Putting a sealed enclosure in your trunk facing the car behind you is not
the way to hear accurate, tight, bass at any level other than trunk lid
flexing! To hear the bass at moderate level you need a ported or bandpass
enclosure with a partially external, square (round ports tend to whistle)
port rising from the top of the enclosure, through a carefully cut opening
in the rear deck. The bass will then be delivered into the INTERIOR of the
car not the trunk! P.

"Keeper" wrote in message
m...
I just had a 12" woofer and 300 Watt amp installed in my car. I'm by
no means a car audio enthusiast, I just wanted to have a fuller sound
in my car that I wasn't getting from my stock system. It's a strong
sound, but I can only really hear it well on songs with lots of bass
(like White Stripes' 7 Nation Army) or when I crank the system. It
also feels like there is a slight delay in the bass sound from the
woofer (could be my imagination). It's installed in my trunk in a box,
all provided by the shop that installed it.

Any ideas on how to improve the sound at modest volumes?