Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

Default A friend wins a Grammy

In article
,
Clyde Slick wrote:

On Feb 1, 9:57*pm, Jenn wrote:
In article
,

*Boon wrote:
On Jan 31, 9:08*pm, Jenn wrote:
Choral conductor Ragnar Bohlin won for Best Choral Performance, for
prepping the San Francisco Sym. Chorus for the Tilson Thomas/SFS
recording of Mahler Sym. 8. I have other friends who have won Grammys,
and though I don't expect to ever win one myself, it's great to have
talented friends!

Congrats. My best friend was nominated for an Emmy a few years ago,
and I remember getting all excited. He didn't win, but since then he's
been able to attend the Emmys, Grammys and Academy Awards.

Very cool. *I've played on one Grammy winning soundtrack and on another
that was nominated. *But of course, as an orchestra player, I don't get
an award. *Good fun though.

Alas! no Grammy category for best female "trombonist" in a Baroque
performance!
I hope you won't tell a man you can't handel your grief

Get Bach, JoJo!