Posted to rec.audio.pro
Steve[_3_] Steve[_3_] is offline

Default Best A/D Option....

Hi all;

Up until today I have been using a Focusrite Twintrak with the AD Option
card to track everything into my Tascam FW-1804s SPDIF in. I recently
purchased an FMR RNP and was wondering what my best option would be to do
the AD conversion into my DAW. I have the following AD's at my disposal:

Focusrite Twintrak with the AD Option Card
ART DPS II (I can connect the RNP directly into the ADs)
Directly into the Tascam FW-1804

I don't know much about ADs so can someone tell me which one would do the
best conversion?

Thanks;
Steve

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

Yo! Dood! Lissenup! And that's exactly what you should do. You said:
I have the following AD's at my disposal:

So get them away from the disposal and hook them up. You have
everything you need in order to make that decision yourself. We can't
tell you what you hear. You're going to have to work with it so you
might as well get started.

I don't know much about ADs so can someone tell me which one would do the
best conversion?

The one that sounds the best to you. If you can't tell the difference
(and that's entirely possible) then use the one that gives you the
most options (wider range of sample rate, direct monitoring output,
more flexible gain control, cooler looking lights).