Scott Dorsey

Default Ground Fault kills Church Pastor

You know what I'm going to say about proper grounding he

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/10/31/pas....ap/index.html
Jona Vark

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
You know what I'm going to say about proper grounding he

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/10/31/pas....ap/index.html

not to mention the very act of grabbing a mic while waist deep in water..
Something I would NEVER do even with proper grounding, a GFI and a promise
from God that I wouldn't get zipped.

Lauren the Ravishing

Damien must have been pleased.

Don Pearce

On 31 Oct 2005 11:27:42 -0800, "Lauren the Ravishing"
wrote:

Damien must have been pleased.

Everybody with a brain should be pleased. Poetic justice, or what?
More please!!!

Pearce Consulting
http://www.pearce.uk.com
Paul Stamler

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
You know what I'm going to say about proper grounding he

And wireless mics.

Peace,
Paul

jakdedert

Scott Dorsey wrote:
You know what I'm going to say about proper grounding he

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/10/31/pas....ap/index.html
--scott

It was God's will.....

jak
martin griffith

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 14:40:17 -0600, in rec.audio.pro jakdedert
wrote:

Scott Dorsey wrote:
You know what I'm going to say about proper grounding he

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/10/31/pas....ap/index.html
--scott

It was God's will.....

jak

Intelligent Design, or the Darwin awards?

martin
Arny Krueger

"jakdedert" wrote in message

Scott Dorsey wrote:

You know what I'm going to say about proper grounding
he

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/10/31/pas....ap/index.html
--scott

It was God's will.....

It was probably some person's screw-up.

God very rarely if ever confers immunity to the laws of
nature.

Phil Allison

"Arny Krueger"

It was probably some person's screw-up.

** Who says the mic was live ?

The water may have been electrified and the mic provided a ground path.

.......... Phil

wayne

How's that again?
Wayne
Phil Allison wrote:
** Who says the mic was live ?

The water may have been electrified and the mic provided a ground path.
......... Phil

SSJVCmag

On 10/31/05 2:11 PM, in article , "Scott
Dorsey" wrote:

You know what I'm going to say about proper grounding he

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/10/31/pas....ap/index.html
--scott

That $500 wireless system was just tooooooo expensive...

Ben Bradley

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 19:18:21 GMT, "Jona Vark" wrote:

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
You know what I'm going to say about proper grounding he

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/10/31/pas....ap/index.html

not to mention the very act of grabbing a mic while waist deep in water..

If any mic and cable and gooseneck/boom/stand/whatever should be
verified "safe", it's that one. Perhaps it was the Baptismal Tub that
wasn't properly grounded, and somehow got connected to the hot side of
the power line.

Something I would NEVER do even with proper grounding, a GFI and a promise
from God that I wouldn't get zipped.

You think He's gonna tell you when He as a gig He needs you to do
sound for?

Phil Allison

"wayne" wrote in message
oups.com...
How's that again?
Wayne

** Shout louder - I can't hear you !!

TOP POSTING ****WIT !!

............. Phil

"Everybody with a brain should be pleased. Poetic justice, or what?
More please!!! "

And anyone with a heart wouldn't post something so callous. The guy had
young children and a wife, and whether you agree with his religious
beliefs should be of no significance.

You have redefined the word "moron".

TH

Dr. Dolittle

Don Pearce wrote:
0
Damien must have been pleased.

Everybody with a brain should be pleased. Poetic justice, or what?
More please!!!

Don? Why should we be pleased? (Yes I have a brain)

Edi Zubovic

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 20:36:45 GMT, "Paul Stamler"
wrote:

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
You know what I'm going to say about proper grounding he

And wireless mics.

Peace,
Paul

Exactly! Now _that_ combination... just the same as drying hair while
tasking bath. Someone should inform these people; they should know the
issues.

Edi Zubovic, Crikvenica, Croatia
Don Pearce

On 31 Oct 2005 21:00:03 -0800, "
wrote:

"Everybody with a brain should be pleased. Poetic justice, or what?
More please!!! "

And anyone with a heart wouldn't post something so callous. The guy had
young children and a wife, and whether you agree with his religious
beliefs should be of no significance.

You have redefined the word "moron".

TH

No, you are wrong. These people are evil, and their wives and children
probably share that evil. The world is always better without such
people. This is cause for rejoicing.

Pearce Consulting
http://www.pearce.uk.com
Don Pearce

On Tue, 01 Nov 2005 05:18:43 GMT, "Dr. Dolittle"
wrote:

Don Pearce wrote:
0
Damien must have been pleased.

Everybody with a brain should be pleased. Poetic justice, or what?
More please!!!

Don? Why should we be pleased? (Yes I have a brain)

Because the world is a slightly better place than it was before.

Pearce Consulting
http://www.pearce.uk.com
Phil Allison

"Don Pearce"

"Everybody with a brain should be pleased. Poetic justice, or what?
More please!!! "

And anyone with a heart wouldn't post something so callous. The guy had
young children and a wife, and whether you agree with his religious
beliefs should be of no significance.

You have redefined the word "moron".

TH

No, you are wrong. These people are evil, and their wives and children
probably share that evil. The world is always better without such
people. This is cause for rejoicing.

** Don has just removed all doubt he is a red hot psychopath.

........... Phil

David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"Ben Bradley" wrote in message

You think He's gonna tell you when He as a gig He needs you to do
sound for?

Best line so far....

;-)

Mike Rivers

SSJVCmag wrote:

That $500 wireless system was just tooooooo expensive...

For a church with 800 people attending a baptism? Don't they pass the
collection plate at those things?

Bob Gray

Don Pearce wrote:

Because the world is a slightly better place than it was before.

Not after a comment like that, I think.

Bob
Don Pearce

On Tue, 01 Nov 2005 11:56:00 GMT, Bob Gray
wrote:

Don Pearce wrote:

Because the world is a slightly better place than it was before.

Not after a comment like that, I think.

Bob

There are certain types that the world is always better without.
Nobody should be fearful of saying so.

Pearce Consulting
http://www.pearce.uk.com
Richard Crowley

"Bob Gray" wrote ...
Don Pearce wrote:
Because the world is a slightly better place than it was before.

Not after a comment like that, I think.

There is no prohibition about slandering Christians.
And lacking any public standards, the true character
of certain people are revealed by their own actions.
Richard Whisnant

Default Dirt on DRM

Interesting, troubling account of Sony's DRM implementation:

http://www.sysinternals.com/blog/200...al-rights.html

Arny Krueger

"SSJVCmag" wrote in message

On 10/31/05 2:11 PM, in article
, "Scott Dorsey"
wrote:

You know what I'm going to say about proper grounding
he

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/10/31/pas....ap/index.html
--scott

That $500 wireless system was just tooooooo expensive...

That $13.00 GFCI was too expensive?

Don Pearce

On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 04:08:04 -0800, "Richard Crowley"
wrote:

"Bob Gray" wrote ...
Don Pearce wrote:
Because the world is a slightly better place than it was before.

Not after a comment like that, I think.

There is no prohibition about slandering Christians.
And lacking any public standards, the true character
of certain people are revealed by their own actions.

Slander? Please explain.

The character of that Christian was certainly revealed by *his*
actions!

Pearce Consulting
http://www.pearce.uk.com
Tommy B

Is there any more research on the subject,
"We only use 10% of our brain"?
I don't want to throw a monkey wrench in the "Intelligent Design Theory"
;-), but what other animal takes delight in the misfortune that others of
it's kind endure.
Today's oxymoron, boys and girls is, "Tragiclly Funny"!

Tom

"Mike Rivers" wrote in message
oups.com...

SSJVCmag wrote:

That $500 wireless system was just tooooooo expensive...

For a church with 800 people attending a baptism? Don't they pass the
collection plate at those things?

Richard Crowley

"Arny Krueger" wrote ...
"SSJVCmag" wrote ...
That $500 wireless system was just tooooooo expensive...

That $13.00 GFCI was too expensive?

But the GFCI (required to be installed in areas where
water is likely) won't do any good when the equipment
with the wiring problem was at the other end of the room
where likely nobody thought there was any need for GFCI.

But even if I had done the wiring myself and tested it, I
would still not risk my life by touching a wired mic/stand.
There are just too many things to go wrong, and the risk is
too great.
Arny Krueger

wrote:

Don Pearce wrote:

Because the world is a slightly better place than it
was before.

Not after a comment like that, I think.

Bob

There are certain types that the world is always better
without. Nobody should be fearful of saying so.

What types of people might this be that the world is always
better without?

Phil Allison

"Don Pearce" :

Slander? Please explain.

The character of that Christian was certainly revealed by *his*
actions!

** Don Pearce has just removed all doubt he is a red hot criminal
psychopath.

........ Phil Allison

Arny Krueger

"Don Pearce" wrote in message

On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 04:08:04 -0800, "Richard Crowley"
wrote:

"Bob Gray" wrote ...
Don Pearce wrote:
Because the world is a slightly better place than it
was before.

Not after a comment like that, I think.

There is no prohibition about slandering Christians.
And lacking any public standards, the true character
of certain people are revealed by their own actions.

Slander? Please explain.

The character of that Christian was certainly revealed by
*his* actions!

Which actions?

Arny Krueger

"Richard Crowley" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote ...
"SSJVCmag" wrote ...
That $500 wireless system was just tooooooo expensive...

That $13.00 GFCI was too expensive?

But the GFCI (required to be installed in areas where
water is likely) won't do any good when the equipment
with the wiring problem was at the other end of the room
where likely nobody thought there was any need for GFCI.

Good point - there's some argument for powering a SR system
through a GFCI.

But even if I had done the wiring myself and tested it, I
would still not risk my life by touching a wired
mic/stand.

I have a little more faith in my work. After all, I do my
own brake jobs and have been doing so for about 45 years.

There are just too many things to go wrong,
and the risk is too great.

In fact making a system safe after a single point failure is
sufficient to be safe enough for most practical purposes.
That's the operative principle behind common household items
like double-insulated electrical appliances.

Risk management is about reducing risks to a common,
acceptable standard, so if you will deign to use a
double-insulated electrical appliance, or a single-insulated
appliance with a ground, then application of the same
princple throughout your environemnt is reasonable.

Most people get nailed by risks they never knew they took.

Nothing is perfectly safe.

More people are killed by arrogance and ignornace than by
dangerous situations.

Don Pearce

wrote:

Don Pearce wrote:

Because the world is a slightly better place than it
was before.

Not after a comment like that, I think.

Bob

There are certain types that the world is always better
without. Nobody should be fearful of saying so.

What types of people might this be that the world is always
better without?

Religious proselytizers, liars and generally unpleasant riff-raff of
that sort.

Pearce Consulting
http://www.pearce.uk.com
Don Pearce

On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 07:50:05 -0500, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"Don Pearce" wrote in message

On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 04:08:04 -0800, "Richard Crowley"
wrote:

"Bob Gray" wrote ...
Don Pearce wrote:
Because the world is a slightly better place than it
was before.

Not after a comment like that, I think.

There is no prohibition about slandering Christians.
And lacking any public standards, the true character
of certain people are revealed by their own actions.

Slander? Please explain.

The character of that Christian was certainly revealed by
*his* actions!

Which actions?

Didn't you read? Grabbing hold of electrical equipment while up to his
waist in water. A triumph of faith over brain, if ever there was one.

Pearce Consulting
http://www.pearce.uk.com

Scott Dorsey

In article ,
Arny Krueger wrote:
"SSJVCmag" wrote in message

On 10/31/05 2:11 PM, in article
, "Scott Dorsey"
wrote:

You know what I'm going to say about proper grounding
he

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/10/31/pas....ap/index.html

That $500 wireless system was just tooooooo expensive...

That $13.00 GFCI was too expensive?

I don't know. But I will say that in all probability, that $1.50
two-pin cheater was very expensive indeed.

Ty Ford

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 14:11:06 -0500, Scott Dorsey wrote
(in article ):

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/10/31/pas....ap/index.html

Whatever your God, He/She/It calls you back when it's time.

Who was the sound contractor that did the install?

Ty Ford

stuff are at www.tyford.com

Richard Crowley

"Arny Krueger" wrote ...
"Richard Crowley" wrote
But the GFCI (required to be installed in areas where
water is likely) won't do any good when the equipment
with the wiring problem was at the other end of the room
where likely nobody thought there was any need for GFCI.

Good point - there's some argument for powering a SR system
through a GFCI.

But even if I had done the wiring myself and tested it, I
would still not risk my life by touching a wired
mic/stand.

I have a little more faith in my work. After all, I do my
own brake jobs and have been doing so for about 45 years.

Oh, I have as much faith in my work as you do in yours.
However, I also am aware of the possibility that the
person who vacuumed the carpets last night may have
broken something, or frayed a wire, or knocked a cord
out and re-plugged it in to the wrong socket, or the safety
ground wire is attached to a rusting screw, etc. etc. etc.
ad nauseum.

There are just too many things to go wrong,
and the risk is too great.

In fact making a system safe after a single point failure is
sufficient to be safe enough for most practical purposes.
That's the operative principle behind common household
items like double-insulated electrical appliances.

I can't think of ANY examples of wired electrical
devices that are intended for use while standing in
water. Can you?

OTOH, the safety of custom-install sound systems is
reliant on the (unknown) judgement of the (unknown)
last person who worked on it. I'm unwilling to risk my
life to that, even when I know everyone who has keys
to the building.

Risk management is about reducing risks to a common,
acceptable standard, so if you will deign to use a
double-insulated electrical appliance, or a single-insulated
appliance with a ground, then application of the same
princple throughout your environemnt is reasonable.

Yes, I am aware of risk management. My employer's
safety record is a couple orders of magnitude greater
than our industry standards. But it doesn't take that kind
fanaticism to know that using wired electrical/electronic
equipment while submerged is just way too risky.
Don Pearce

wrote:

Don Pearce wrote:

Because the world is a slightly better place than it
was before.

Not after a comment like that, I think.

Bob

There are certain types that the world is always better
without. Nobody should be fearful of saying so.

What types of people might this be that the world is
always better without?

Religious proselytizers, liars and generally unpleasant
riff-raff of that sort.

I was afraid that was the case.

For example, a large fraction of preent-say agnostics,
atheists and other skeptics can be found gathering under the
banner of "Secular Humanism". Yet, the Secular Humanism
movement started out unabashedly religious at the point of
its founding in the early 20th century, and has remained
unabashedly religious for most of its existence. Arguably,
many of the current adherents of Secular Humanism were
brought into the movement by religious proselytizers.

Just because its based in skepticism and does not include
faith in a diety or dieties, doesn't mean that its not a
religion.

I have no idea why you just wrote any of that.

Pearce Consulting
http://www.pearce.uk.com